Neo Geo Mini

shinrukus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I do wonder why the UniBIOS is so slow. What's under the hood of this system?
I dont think its the system so much as the emulator. MVSPSP handles Unibios just fine, but its just that, it handles Unibios when Unibios is expected. I think because something in Unibios requires additional handling by the emulator, when it doesnt expect it, you get this result. In this case, in the Int version, its actually faster than it is on the Japanese version, but the int version is still expecting neo-epo.bin to do neo-epo.bin stuff, not unibios stuff lol

jidatui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The replacement of 10k with 5k did not work for the international version. Finally I figured out that it is the same as the Japanese version. Only the 10k controlling the left direction should be replaced with 14k. I also uploaded a video on bilibili.

Last edited by jidatui,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The replacement of 10k with 5k did not work for the international version. Finally I figured out that it is the same as the Japanese version. Only the 10k controlling the left direction should be replaced with 14k. I also uploaded a video on bilibili.
Can you show a pic of the correct one to replace?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@jidatui or anyone else, the pcb on the international version has a lot more resistors than the japanese so can you indicate which is the correct one to replace for just left movement?

IqtdrCM.jpg

WillFarnaby

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

I will receive my machine (international) tomorrow and read this thread. It looks like you already did a lot of work and research, thanks for that! But as far as I understand the controller issue still remains. I would love to add additional games and especially emulators to the NGM, even though this might risk damaging the machine. Can you please confirm that it works normally with the external controller (which I also ordered). And do you know how likely it is to damage the machine? Is there an image available for the extra Neo Geo games and the emulators? Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited by WillFarnaby,

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see someone else woke this up days ago and I was thinking the same. I've got one of the international units and I've been wanting to correct a wrong for a long time and make a better game list out of this since they hid some real gems split between both regions. I don't care to add other consoles, handhelds, whatever wonk people are cracked out over. I'd just like to make a better list of legit stuff, perhaps even just strip the thing and add the 30 legit boards I own (have a MVS 2 slot cabinet) for a handheld version of my big boy.

xinistri

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If anybody has a copy of the original International vendor.img I'd be extremely grateful if you could please provide it to me. I want to revert back to the original 40 games, menu style as well as the English bios.

TIA

legolas119

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I would like to add only neo geo games. Can anyone help me with a quick guide? I don't want to add additional emulators and games, only neo geo.
thanks

silverthornne

Trophies
Website
www.patriaestatal.com
XP
Country
United States
I created an account just to thank Jidatui. His fix worked for both my International and Japanese Neo Geo Minis! I have different images on them and both got the left joystick blues after the hack.

I used a 13k ohm resistor bought at Amazon. If you're new to soldering, please watch some SMD soldering tutorials before proceeding. I did not remove the existing solder after removing the original resistor. I just heated it up a bit, pulled it out with tweezers and then installed the new resistor using the existing solder

Carlanga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a ngm yesterday from amazon on the cheap, will have to wait almost two weeks to get it, but I was reading on the issue of the joystick drift since I'm considering hacking it and have you guys considered the brand/quality of USB C cable you are using? Meaning, many cables aren’t compliant with the USB-C specification and have a bad resistor value and can cause hardware damage or it could be an adapter issue. Thus causing a spike and damaging hardware. I also wonder if one that is 3.0 vs 2.0 or even if its 3A would make difference in the issue.

Last edited by Carlanga,

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got one of these myself... at $30 it was hard to resist. Not sure if I'll hack it, but in all honesty I wish there were a few games they had included.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol