OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
neo_coding_2012_badge.png

Neoflash recently anounced they'd be holding another homebrew competition this year. Understandably, there aren't as many categories or prizes as there used to be, but there's still about $2,000 up for grabs. Games/apps can be on pretty much any console.

NEO Summer Retro Coding Contest 2012 for all retro platform announcement
*** close time: Aug.20th 2012 ***

* Homebrew Game division
There are top 3 winners for all platform

* Homebrew APP division
There are top 3 winners for all platform

Note: The platform just specify to the retro console, something like NES/PC-E/MD/SNES/N64/GBA/NDS/PSP ......

The rules of NEO Summer retro coding contest 2012:

[1] All original entries will get +5 "original score " , but the second entry (same project from last contest but improved, and just enter one more time again ) will don't get any "original score" in this contest.

[2] If your production have enter other contest before, you can use it to enter this NEO contest still.

[3] The No.1 winner from last Neo contest can't use their same project (even it come with many updated) to enter this contest again.

[4] You can submit more than one project for any platform at the same time, without any limit.

[5] You must put the NEO Retro Compo badge and NEO website link to your program and show it when start to run.

Here is the badge for this compo, every coder can modify the badge size and background color to match with your project color, just please keep our design style, don't modify it too much

The top 3 prize list for the winners:

The No.1 : US$500 cash , OR choose any items from the www.ic2005.com NEO online shop, just not over U$800 total value.

The No.2 : US$300 cash , OR choose any items from the www.ic2005.com NEO online shop, just not over U$500 total value.

The No.3 : US$200 cash , OR choose any items from the www.ic2005.com NEO online shop, just not over U$300 total value.

icon11.gif
Source

corenting

Trophies
Website
www.corenting.fr
XP
Country
France
I entered with DSDaft. I don't think I will win, but it's great to see people encouraging homebrews developpers, with great prizes :D I hope we will see new homebrews. The idea to accept all retro platforms is pretty cool too, we don't see homebrews for these platforms often.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'd love to see a few specific ds projects updated. i would also like to see some psp emulation updates and some new psp homebrew! i hope this gets more publicity. we really need a great round of homebrew this summer!

-another world

P

pas

i'd love to see a few specific ds projects updated. i would also like to see some psp emulation updates and some new psp homebrew! i hope this gets more publicity. we really need a great round of homebrew this summer!

-another world
can't agree more on that one.

Just saying that the source to one popular homebrew is out since forever:
http://www.dragonminded.com/ndsdev/DSOrganize_3_2_Src.zip

BTW: what html code was it again to make links apear as clickable customizable text in posts ?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
What do you mean THIS Summer - there were quite a few good 'uns last year ;) :lol:

Although I agree - those from the previous years seemed to of 'dried up' & it would be nice to see them updated...

LeRodeur

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I should enter this year's compo with a RPG that I am currently developing with a friend of mine.
though I don't know if we will have finished in time..
He made quite some nice graphics and design :)

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
I should enter this year's compo with a RPG that I am currently developing with a friend of mine.
though I don't know if we will have finished in time..
He made quite some nice graphics and design :)
Yeah same here, I just started working on something but I really doubt I'll make it... and even if I do, it probably won't be great. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe