Hacking nesDs on M3i Zero

ccaumack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased an M3i Zero (GMP-Z003) mainly to play old nes games. Unfortunately none of the 20 or so versions of nesds worked. I would get "device failure." error message. There aren't any forums discussing this anywhere. Plus there are just too many dead links and ancient message boards to get anything done. Before continuing, there is a "MUST REMEMBER" at the end of this.

Here is a link (http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/wiki/NES_DS) to play old nes games on your M3i Zero cart. Scroll down to "Slot One Devices" and follow the directions. Yes the M3i Zero is a dldi capable device, but the "Non-DLDI-Capable Devices" method is the only thing that works.

P.S. You must remember to let the nesds load on your DSi for at least 2 minutes. You WILL see a blank white screen. If you didn't put too many games on your nesds when compiled, then IT WILL LOAD eventually. If you put on too many games (sometimes 6 or more) then the white screen will stay there and you must recompile your nesds again with fewer games. Hope this helps. It helped me. Now I can play Track and Field, Tetris, and Adventures of Lolo 3 flawlessly. Yea!

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ccaumack said:
I purchased an M3i Zero (GMP-Z003) mainly to play old nes games. Unfortunately none of the 20 or so versions of nesds worked. I would get "device failure." error message. There aren't any forums discussing this anywhere. Plus there are just too many dead links and ancient message boards to get anything done. Before continuing, there is a "MUST REMEMBER" at the end of this.

Here is a link (http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/wiki/NES_DS) to play old nes games on your M3i Zero cart. Scroll down to "Slot One Devices" and follow the directions. Yes the M3i Zero is a dldi capable device, but the "Non-DLDI-Capable Devices" method is the only thing that works.

P.S. You must remember to let the nesds load on your DSi for at least 2 minutes. You WILL see a blank white screen. If you didn't put too many games on your nesds when compiled, then IT WILL LOAD eventually. If you put on too many games (sometimes 6 or more) then the white screen will stay there and you must recompile your nesds again with fewer games. Hope this helps. It helped me. Now I can play Track and Field, Tetris, and Adventures of Lolo 3 flawlessly. Yea!
And your using a severely old nesds. use the latest its on file trip(not the nesds mod version 1.0 now)

ccaumack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, unfortunately its a really old version, but its the only one that works. It sucks waiting 60 seconds for the games to load, but its better than nothing. I would have bought a different card had I known this. Also the microSD card often doesn't stay connected to the contacts of the cart. But I'm just too poor to buy another cart. Also its impossible to sell this one unless I use Craigslist and meet up with some random creep in a parking lot somewhere.

Rock on dude!
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the m3 devices had multiple dldi files written for it. there was an update that fixed some issues.

http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downloads/m3sd.dldi
http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downloads/m3sd_alt.dldi

when you patch make sure you use the nopatch option, or the homebrew will just be repatched using the dldi that came with the firmware everytime you launch it.

your problems read more like problems with contact issues or a bad microsd card.

for $6 you can pick up the 1:1 r4 clone, use the wood firmware, and have none of these problems.

-another world

ccaumack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The step that I'm stuck on is how to "patch nes.ds file with dldi file." A Google search only gives me a million pages telling me to do this, but no executable or method to use. Is there a "patcher" somewhere that I'm missing?

Thanks for your help.

p.s: Yes my m3i zero has contact issues with its microSD slot (with all 3 microSD cards I have), but it is not interfering with operation. I.e it either works perfectly or it doesn't work at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol