Hacking Never Buy a G6

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have had my g6 for almost 5 months had no trouble, and durability? Are you a little kid and throw it every night at your sister ?

Also for note, i own the English version of the G6 lite

Well there were a lot of chinese g6 lite owners that got permanently corrupted data (format etc. wouldn't do shit) a bug that made firmware updates never ever work ever again, and just dead g6 lites.

I haven't heard a single report of that for english g6 lites yet (then again i stopped caring) so english is clearly better (and sold at a higher price).

Also there were two gens of G6 lite (possibly 3)
The cheapest and most commonly broken one is the non clear plastic shell.
2nd gen is clear shell, fits less tightly, and has no problems.
English is similar to chinese 2nd gen.

But it's not just language that sets the g6's apart, the chips ARE different.

Enough of this filthy debate, just get a damn G6 if you like flash memory, m3 if you like SD and more space, and for slot 1, you're on your own.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You're all saying 'ohhh, the G6 is shit, M3 ftw'

but you don't realise, THEY ARE MADE BY THE SAME PEOPLE!!

I don't think YOU realize.

G6 = Cheaper, less durability
M3 = Expensive, high durability

It's like saying this computer is faster than the other, but WOW THEY'RE BOTH RUNNING WINDOWS!

And as i said, the "team" behind all of this (R4,M3,G6) considered G6 to be a budget thing, M3 to be a....luxurious pirater thing and whatever you want to theorize for R4.
Hehe... I remember when it was the other way around. When the G6 first got released, it was alot more expensive than the M3 and were saying EXACTLY the same thing you are. But in favor of the G6, as at that time the G6 was the luxury option. M3 had slowdowns, weird upates where some games required older ver to work. On the other hand, the G6 only had one or two games not working properly.

When the G6lite arrived, everyone rejoiced in happines as due to the quality of the cart. They were able to decrease its price heavily and suddenly the 'best' luxury cart was at the same pricerange of the M3 with included memory and no need for extra expenses. Cheaper does not always mean 'worse'
wink.gif

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
You're all saying 'ohhh, the G6 is shit, M3 ftw'

but you don't realise, THEY ARE MADE BY THE SAME PEOPLE!!

I don't think YOU realize.

G6 = Cheaper, less durability
M3 = Expensive, high durability

But the G6 has one of the best compatibility rates? Excluding the wait we've had for the 4.6d U-Disk Manager (and still no 4.6D loader) updates are usually quick to come out and fix games that dont work.
They even fix games that have to be patched using setting like Normal or Safemode.

And, tbh, i dont think the build is less durable at all. Im holding my G6 in the black lite casing, and compared to the official Nintendo cover, its practically the same

And i originally had a NDSFat, so when i got my G6 i had to swap the chip board over; no problems theres, did it easyly and there were no signs of it being flimsy
Same again when i changed it back to a Lite casing

So i dont understand all these complaints about durability and stuff

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got one from the first shipment of english units. I've had my dsl freeze twice at the passcard logo but im guessing that's passcards fault. The g6lite has never had a problem, a good 40-50 games have been on it and still going strong.

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are quite the tard. I have a g6, love it, and never had any problems. I think the problem is not he g6, but the user. If you were bright enough to 'quicksave', then back up the save and load it, maybe that would have helped? hmm? ever think of that? well you are making the g6 (m3) team lose potential customers. Also, maybe if you updat, or dont shove it in the nds, which it fits in mine perfectly, you would have no problems.

If you take the time to read the thread, you'll see that this is not a user error. Saving using "quicksave" has nothing to do with the fact that the G6 Lite takes 5-6 efforts of putting it into the NDS Lite for it to work. As previously stated, it's a great cart, but it's cheaply made and that will cause problems. If I would of knew this I would not have purchased a G6 Lite, I would have went for something better built.

Even though the M3 is built by the same company, it is built better.
No, I also addressed that. It fits perfectly in my ds, maybe you are forcing it in? Works for me without failure every time, bought last Christmas. Still works. Are you using a lite? If you are, maybe thats why, some gba games don't even work right. Also, Action Replay ds/gba (aka scam) didn't work %100 of the time. My g6 works, maybe yours is defective. Contact the team! If you bought from kicktrading, tell them they might replace it if you send yours in. idk.

CrEsPo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have had my g6 for almost 5 months had no trouble, and durability? Are you a little kid and throw it every night at your sister ? Come on now! I also own a DS-X and i use my g6 way more. The DS-X gets used on the fiance's DS. I really think it is the user and not the product.

I treat my products with care, I don't throw anything. I haven't dropped anything, let alone the NDS Lite or G6 Lite. I'm very neat and organized with everything I do.

corbs132No, I also addressed that. It fits perfectly in my ds, maybe you are forcing it in? Works for me without failure every time, bought last Christmas. Still works. Are you using a lite? If you are, maybe thats why, some gba games don't even work right. Also, Action Replay ds/gba (aka scam) didn't work %100 of the time. My g6 works, maybe yours is defective. Contact the team! If you bought from kicktrading, tell them they might replace it if you send yours in. idk.

That's the problem, it does fit perfectly, but the connectors don't line up so it doesn't always turn on. GBA games work perfectly in slot-2, so it isn't in the NDS Lite, it's the G6 Lite. I got mine from RealHotStuff, but it was back in the summer so I doubt they'll replace anything.

Besides the problems, the G6 Lite is a great cart, it just seems to be built with durability not in mind.

GBA_Temper

*KING OF GBATEMP*
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is what Everyone NEEDS!! Thanks CrEsPo for the Post

I have had my g6 for almost 5 months had no trouble, and durability? Are you a little kid and throw it every night at your sister ? Come on now! I also own a DS-X and i use my g6 way more. The DS-X gets used on the fiance's DS. I really think it is the user and not the product.

I treat my products with care, I don't throw anything. I haven't dropped anything, let alone the NDS Lite or G6 Lite. I'm very neat and organized with everything I do.

corbs132 said:
No, I also addressed that. It fits perfectly in my ds, maybe you are forcing it in? Works for me without failure every time, bought last Christmas. Still works. Are you using a lite? If you are, maybe thats why, some gba games don't even work right. Also, Action Replay ds/gba (aka scam) didn't work %100 of the time. My g6 works, maybe yours is defective. Contact the team! If you bought from kicktrading, tell them they might replace it if you send yours in. idk.

That's the problem, it does fit perfectly, but the connectors don't line up so it doesn't always turn on. GBA games work perfectly in slot-2, so it isn't in the NDS Lite, it's the G6 Lite. I got mine from RealHotStuff, but it was back in the summer so I doubt they'll replace anything.

Besides the problems, the G6 Lite is a great cart, it just seems to be built with durability not in mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online