Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
WTF region-locked?? 10 games max?? Bastards!
I think thats more than enough.
Hardly. I have 15-20 games in my microSD and I would hate to have to split them between two cards that I will be swapping when the one I'm using already has enough capacity for them all. Not to mention that I would have to buy a second microSD.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Assuming the cart is real, the 10 game limit is probably because it 'clones' a real 3DS cartridge meaning they cannot execute their own code. Thus, it wouldn't be possible to have something like the Gateway menu - a physical method of switching on the cart itself would be the only way. There would have to be some kind of limit in order to not completely lose track.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Assuming the cart is real, the 10 game limit is probably because it 'clones' a real 3DS cartridge meaning they cannot execute their own code. Thus, it wouldn't be possible to have something like the Gateway menu - a physical method of switching on the cart itself would be the only way. There would have to be some kind of limit in order to not completely lose track.

Read their FAQ again.

Mefisteso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd like someone to clarify if "10 games limit" applies to single card as fixed set of 10 games permanently, or maybe it just means: "card can read up to 10 games nevertheless your sd card capacity, but you can still remove existing games and download new one" If it's the latter, I don't really mind. The more games you've got in 1 place, the less you will play each(aka Pirate Syndrome). However if that's the first case, I would still hunt for 4.5 3ds xl.

Reactions: Woodbin

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd like someone to clarify if "10 games limit" applies to single card as fixed set of 10 games permanently, or maybe it just means: "card can read up to 10 games nevertheless your sd card capacity, but you can still remove existing games and download new one" If it's the latter, I don't really mind. The more games you've got in 1 place, the less you will play each(aka Pirate Syndrome). However if that's the first case, I would still hunt for 4.5 3ds xl.

we don't know
sounds like a 10 game maximum and then buy new flashcard scam, but could easily just be some translation issue
they can say "european" team all they want, their english skills are asian style, though (their video also shows a jap console, sooooo yeah, european, right)

Reactions: milerwan

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the 10 game limit per card is purely due to the fact that it would take a long ass time to go through 30 games so they put the limit in there it can probably do more but they might have just locked it till they find a faster way to load games if you watch the video it takes around 15 seconds to go to the next game... 10x 15 sec.. thats = to 2mins and 30 seconds i dont think i wanna sit there going through the system for 2 mins and 30 seconds to get to a game...much less 5 minutes to get to number 20 i can see a point in this limit

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
we don't know
sounds like a 10 game maximum and then buy new flashcard scam, but could easily just be some translation issue
they can say "european" team all they want, their english skills are asian style, though (their video also shows a jap console, sooooo yeah, european, right)
Maybe the development sits in Europe but the stuff for the website sits in China?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing about this card that makes me think its fake is the fact when you Google Sky3ds flashcard in the search box every single dodgy site related to selling or advertising a flashcard pops up apart from YouTube but anything and everything dodgy is put on YouTube so nothing new there! Which makes me think its probably a hoax, sorry to say.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The only thing about this card that makes me think its fake is the fact when you Google Sky3ds flashcard in the search box every single dodgy site related to selling or advertising a flashcard pops up apart from YouTube but anything and everything dodgy is put on YouTube so nothing new there! Which makes me think its probably a hoax, sorry to say.
What else do you expect to find?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
The only thing about this card that makes me think its fake is the fact when you Google Sky3ds flashcard in the search box every single dodgy site related to selling or advertising a flashcard pops up apart from YouTube but anything and everything dodgy is put on YouTube so nothing new there! Which makes me think its probably a hoax.
its always that way, resellers want to get to the top of the search results so they will always list it the second its announced without any sort of checking if its legit.....truth is they dont care as people looking are at their site then and may just buy an alternative from them like a gateway card.....thats why those proven fake cards are still listed as they still draw in traffic

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its always that way, resellers want to get to the top of the search results so they will always list it the second its announced without any sort of checking if its legit.....truth is they dont care as people looking are at their site then and may just buy an alternative from them like a gateway card.....thats why those proven fake cards are still listed as they still draw in traffic

and even at this some websites atleast have the buy/preorder disabled

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ergh, proper selling sites like teensy.co.uk, amazon.co.uk, R4i, Modchip direct sites like those for example. if this card is such a breakthrough then would not the top selling sites would want to advertise it asap for sale.

also pretty sure these are illegal i dont think you would see them on amazon

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah it just depends on the sites owner some will wiat for confirmation and try get on the official resellers list, others will just try boost their google search results by listing it ASAP.....each route will have some success, even if it does turn out to be a fake card those resellers who listed it for sale will still be getting people looking for it months down the line.....and suggest alternatives to them

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country

That's what I was also getting at, the sites that are advertising it don't care at all, period so they can not be trusted, which is why it makes me think its a fake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cool mgs4 can finally play at 35fps on it