Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello people,

I am thinking about buying a New 3DS XL. But there are many questions floating in my head. Maybe you can help me with that - at least I would be very grateful. :-)

1. I've read something about different screen types, TN and IPS. Are there any possibilities to recognize a single/double IPS screen with the version number or something? The difference is quite amazing. What bundle would you recommend?

2. Is the New 3DS XL really faster in anything? What else changed?

3. I'm using a Gateway Card and a DSTWO. Is both possible using the latest firmware? And if not, on which firmware is it possible?

Thank you.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello people,

I am thinking about buying a New 3DS XL. But there are many questions floating in my head. Maybe you can help me with that - at least I would be very grateful. :-)

1. I've read something about different screen types, TN and IPS. Are there any possibilities to recognize a single/double IPS screen with the version number or something? The difference is quite amazing. What bundle would you recommend?

3. I'm using a Gateway Card and a DSTWO. Is both possible using the latest firmware? And if not, on which firmware is it possible?

Thank you.

DSTWO works fine and Gateway will be releasing their downgrader update soonTM for people up to 10.7 firmware.

For TN panels, it is easy to check, just tilt the 3ds at various angles and see if the colors on the screen become very washed out, it they do , you have a TN.

NOTE: Most 3DS consoles will have a botton TN panel, that is to be expected. If you are really lucky, you can get both screens as IPS.

The New 3DS is faster. eShop downloads take less time, CIA installs take less time, NTR CFW can force faster processor speeds for older games so games like Metal Gear Solid 3D run quite a bit smoother, And games games with Circle Pad Pro support will detect and use the C-Stick and extra buttons as a Circle Pad Pro. Also, the New 3DS can play official SNES VC games including injected ones.

Another big thing is that the CFW reboot patch needed for games like Smash Bros. is not used on New 3DS as it has more ram aleady.

Last edited by driverdis,
Reactions: Bimmel

INobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello people,

Thank you.
1. You can't recognize screen type by version number. I have 8 Hyrule Edition New 3ds XL here and only 2 of them got IPS Topscreen (looking for Dual IPS) version number is really random (I guess TN and IPS Panels are mixed while assembling). Tomorrow I get another one, but I think I will stick with IPS Topscreen. You should check if the c-stick works properly (some cant go right/down without heavy pressure).
Get an 3DS in color of your choice, all are above 9.2 and you can downgrade (I recommend to get Ocarina of time cartridge to access homebrewlauncher on 10.7 (make sure to run oothax installer before updating to 10.7), since downgrading is more stable on 10.4-10.7).

2. Stable 3D: 3D isn't a gimmick anymore. Games like Hyrule Warriors: Legends run a lot better. I sold my o3DS

3. You can downgrade to 9.2. Gateway should work on 4.5-9.2.

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DSTWO works fine and Gateway will be releasing their downgrader update soonTM for people up to 10.7 firmware.

For TN panels, it is easy to check, just tilt the 3ds at various angles and see if the colors on the screen become very washed out, it they do , you have a TN.

NOTE: Most 3DS consoles will have a botton TN panel, that is to be expected. If you are really lucky, you can get both screens as IPS.

The New 3DS is faster. eShop downloads take less time, CIA installs take less time, NTR CFW can force faster processor speeds for older games so games like Metal Gear Solid 3D run quite a bit smoother, And games games with Circle Pad Pro support will detect and use the C-Stick and extra buttons as a Circle Pad Pro. Also, the New 3DS can play official SNES VC games including injected ones.

Another big thing is that the CFW reboot patch needed for games like Smash Bros. is not used on New 3DS as it has more ram aleady.
1. You can't recognize screen type by version number. I have 8 Hyrule Edition New 3ds XL here and only 2 of them got IPS Topscreen (looking for Dual IPS) version number is really random (I guess TN and IPS Panels are mixed while assembling). Tomorrow I get another one, but I think I will stick with IPS Topscreen. You should check if the c-stick works properly (some cant go right/down without heavy pressure).
Get an 3DS in color of your choice, all are above 9.2 and you can downgrade (I recommend to get Ocarina of time cartridge to access homebrewlauncher on 10.7 (make sure to run oothax installer before updating to 10.7), since downgrading is more stable on 10.4-10.7).

2. Stable 3D: 3D isn't a gimmick anymore. Games like Hyrule Warriors: Legends run a lot better. I sold my o3DS

3. You can downgrade to 9.2. Gateway should work on 4.5-9.2.

Thank you for your answers.

So you think that one should wait for Gateways downgrade method? Soon is good enough I think. ;-) I have no knowledge about CFW or these hax things.

What about the micro SD card? How does sending your files over to it work?

INobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for your answers.

So you think that one should wait for Gateways downgrade method? Soon is good enough I think. ;-) I have no knowledge about CFW or these hax things.

What about the micro SD card? How does sending your files over to it work?

I wouldn't wait, If you can get a copy of Oot3D or Cubic ninja and use Homebrewlauncher on 10.4 and above. I downgraded an 10.3 O3DS (took 50 tries to get sysupdater working ,dont know if there is ne better version out for 10.3) and 2 N3ds(XL). Both N3ds on 10.7 took 1 try to downgrade.

Cant tell u about ftp filetransfer. I got a second batterycover and simply cut out the microsdslot, so I can access micro sd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1