Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkStriker said:
Comic? Cool guys read Manga.

Nah.

Cool guys read all kinds of cool things e.g. comics, manga.

@wasim: no difference, really.

--

I just heard from my classmate that today's shipment of comics got delayed
ohnoes.png

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
In my view for Comic:Comic is Western drawn pictures that usually have a plot

In my view for Manga: Manga is Eastern drawn pictures that almost always have a plot and have a bigger variety. And the fact that i find manga eaiser to read and watch the drawings.

And Comics are usually hero themed like all those heaps of marvel series. You dont see any drama/love comic do you??? Only in Manga =)

But for those that are picky, then i guess its all the same. Just drawn in a different way.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DarkStriker said:

In my view for Manga: Manga is Eastern drawn pictures that almost always have a plot and have a bigger variety. And the fact that i find manga eaiser to read and watch the drawings.

And Comics are usually hero themed like all those heaps of marvel series. You dont see any drama/love comic do you??? Only in Manga =)

But for those that are picky, then i guess its all the same. Just drawn in a different way.
Comics: Superheroes and pointless things I'll never get into.
Manga: Cute things with an art style I can like better and a story I can relate to.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
DarkStriker said:

Manga: Cute things with an art style I can like better and a story I can relate to.
They're both comics, the Japanese rarely even call manga "manga" anymore, despite the fact that manga predate comics. It's simply a means of differentiation, and it's easier than calling them Western and Japanese comics since no one calls comics "manga". Hence why when someone says "comics", you'd likely be right to assume that they mean non-Japanese Graphic Novels.

So they're different, but they're both comics [by definition].

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
machomuu said:
They're both comics, the Japanese rarely even call manga "manga" anymore, despite the fact that manga predate comics. It's simply a means of differentiation, and it's easier than calling them Western and Japanese comics since no one calls comics "manga". Hence why when someone says "comics", you'd likely be right to assume that they mean non-Japanese Graphic Novels.

Wut. Wouldnt a direct translation from the word "Manga" be "Comic"? Your telling us their using the english word "Comic" instead of "Manga" now? So its basically comicka instead of managaka now...

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nebz said:
How is Static Shock? I might just download stop by a local store or somewhere to look it over.
Art is good. Story, not much.
But buy it if you can
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(CCNaru @ Sep 29 2011, 04:28 PM) [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nizxQJQVlCs[/youtube]
o_o

--

LOL my friend said I can have the Static Shock. He even bought me Teen Titans and Green Lantern: New Guardians (which I mostly paid for)

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
DarkStriker said:

I'm not sure about where you heard that from. Japanese people call manga "manga", although I get why you'd mistake. I'm guessing that you mean Japanese people use the term 'Comics' on manga magazines like, say 'GanGan Comics' instead of 'GanGan Manga' which is true. I guess it just sounds better with 'Comics' instead of 'Manga'. Also, the fact that it's a magazine makes 'comics' a better term; instead of being a single manga, it refers to multiples of different manga, collectively calling it a Comic.

Source: Me. I'm Japanese. Not sure if the 'Comics' reasoning is correct, but I'm pretty confident that Japanese people still call manga as "manga"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...