New action RPG game 'Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn' announced; launches later this year

flinklock.JPG

Today, New Zealand-based developer A44 team have announced their upcoming game Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn. It is said to be an open world, action adventure RPG involving vengeance, gunpowder and magic. A reveal trailer was aired for the announcement:

The door to the Afterlife has been opened, allowing the old god’s army of the undead to escape from within. Join Nor Vanek, a member of the coalition army, and her mystical companion Enki, a strange creature gifted with magical powers, as they pursue their personal vendetta against the gods.

With an open world to explore, leave your mark on a vast battlefield as you travel through desert sands, cavernous ruins and towering cities filled with secrets and lead mankind’s final siege against the tide of the dead. Players must embrace their creativity and master a rewarding combat system by blending axe wielding, gunplay, magic and more to unleash powerful combos and prevail over the most powerful beings in creation.

Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn will launch later this year on PS4, PS5, PC (Steam & EGS), Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One (available day one with Xbox Game Pass).

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Reactions: Mama Looigi

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CGI trailer so not much to say there. However I do like mid tier developers doing things like this and have not really had much in the way of it since the 360, and indeed that was more of a last hurrah compared to the PS2 era.

Reactions: The Catboy

Kitocco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had me at "action RPG", lost me at "open world"

Well, not COMPLETELY lost. makes it a "wait til I hear more" under Crystar (Switch port), Soulstice, and Granblue Fantasy ReLink for action games this year since Babylon's Fall became... what it is now.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This low tone music trend trailer is still going huh? Reminds me of the AC Unity trailer many years ago.

Having seen many like this I can't help but cringe a bit, but hopefully the game is good.

holy shit, can't believe it's from 2014, it's sure aged like fine wine!

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again