New DS confirmed

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im so getting this, I just hope they amp up the resolution. Because even though we have our flash cart and I could care less about gba games, move on people, I have. Besides its not like you play them all the time... Anyways, since our flash carts does most of the stuff mentioned, but have both screen touch and 2 camera, built in web browser and mp3, hopefully they have some kind of video format as well, im all for buying this thing.

Nintendo has actually made a gadget, not a toy anymore.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
lilkerv90210 said:
slot-1 not 2
Oh sorry, misread your post.

Also, dunno if anyone mentioned it having a built-in SD slot - but that brings up the possibility of hacking the firmware and not having a need for flashcarts!
smile.gif

...just drag the .nds file to the SD card and put it in your DS.

L

lilkerv90210

yes it would thats y i dont understand getting rid of slot 2 but im pretty sure they have a solution for that problem

Posts merged

sorry about the double post

its kool JPH but if it thats the case then that would make flash carts completely useless

Please don't double post - JPH

blizzak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
n
XP
Country
Canada
I sincerely doubt that it has two touch screens, the only source that seems to state so is gamekyo. while engadget and kotaku have not mentioned anything about it. Also, nintendo is not so stupid as to split the market into DS and DSi segments. there are too many games in developement in terms of software that it wouldn't be commercially viable to dismiss the millions of current DS users. In the hardware dep't having the top screen as a touch screen would also be a pain, think of all the broken screens and hinges it would produce, nintendo wouldn't want to deal with those warranty claims.

ALso, if anyone knows, or can give a guess what the black circle on the hinge between the two screens? there a smaller hole i assuem to be a mic. I believe it's a camera, for webcam-like purposes...

custom_1222923668066_ninten02.jpg

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blizzak said:
I sincerely doubt that it has two touch screens, the only source that seems to state so is gamekyo. while engadget and kotaku have not mentioned anything about it. Also, nintendo is so so stupid as to split the market into DS and DSi segments. there are too many games in developement in terms of software that it wouldn't be commercially viable to dismiss the millions of current DS users. In the hardware dep't having the top screen as a touch screen would also be a pain, think of all the broken screens and hinges it would produce, nintendo wouldn't want to deal with those warranty claims.

ALso, if anyone knows, or can give a guess what the black circle on the hinge between the two screens?

custom_1222923668066_ninten02.jpg

That black circle is another camera and they said the dsi is like the third pillar that exist with the other systems, which is what they said about the ds and look what it did to the gba.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tropicana said:
Wouldn't this kill games like guitar hero ds, and stuff?
I hadn't thought of that. Surely they'd make a new grip specifically for this new DS.

And top screen as a touchscreen too? Man, thats gonna cause confusion.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there seems to be a ton of misinformation going one
I think we should just wait before posting specs and such until the end of the DSi conference ect...
cause it seems people are just looking at it then guessing specs of it

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea JPH I mentioned a firmware hack to allow use of the SD card like that. Not sure if it was in this thread or the other one.

MistahJelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
juggernaut911 said:
link to double touch screen confirmation nao plz

6:52 : The size of the unit has been reduced by 12%, 2.6 millimeters thinner, GBA slot will be excluded, bigger screens, better speakers system, 300,000 pixels camera. Both screens will be touch panels, and photographs should be able to be manipulated through the touch screen.

http://www.gamekyo.com/newsen29157_nintend...e-in-japan.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1