New guy, a little confused, a little scared...

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I suggest ordering with DealExtreme. They're pretty slow with shipping but very cheap.
And both the Acekard2i and EZFlash 3in1 are on the site, as well as cheap MicroSD cards.

And yeah, the save is stored as a .sav file in the same directory as the game, which is convenient for backing up saves.

DopplerEffective

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thestarwarsrp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Alato said:
I suggest ordering with DealExtreme. They're pretty slow with shipping but very cheap.
And both the Acekard2i and EZFlash 3in1 are on the site, as well as cheap MicroSD cards.

And yeah, the save is stored as a .sav file in the same directory as the game, which is convenient for backing up saves.
I can't seem to find them on DealExtreme, unless I'm just blind.

And thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I also assume if I create another save file it'll create a separate one for the game?

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The SKU for the Acekard 2i is 18728, but there's no actual page for either of them anymore. That's weird.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you bothered to look around the forum there are already FAQs about this and guides on purchases... and like seriously 500 posts similar to yours, lol.

I'd recommend Gocybeshopping.com (google it for the exact url) and kickassgaming (url is on the gbatemp front page), as I've both from both and were incredibly fast and everything worked well.

I own a DSTT and a Itouch DS and itouch2 DS, all work fine, however the itouch and the acekard seem to be the most updated, as is the Super Flash Card.

Wynd

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wyndcrosser said:
If you bothered to look around the forum there are already FAQs about this and guides on purchases... and like seriously 500 posts similar to yours, lol.

I'd recommend Gocybeshopping.com (google it for the exact url) and kickassgaming (url is on the gbatemp front page), as I've both from both and were incredibly fast and everything worked well.

I own a DSTT and a Itouch DS and itouch2 DS, all work fine, however the itouch and the acekard seem to be the most updated, as is the Super Flash Card.

Wynd
Stop flaming the guy, he's new at this NDS piracy thing

DopplerEffective

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thestarwarsrp.com
XP
Country
Canada
At those prices I'm more than willing to pay the extra shipping to get the carts faster. Does anyone know the usual wait-time for DealExtreme's EMS Shipping option to Canada?

wyndcrosser said:

Wynd
Thing is, I have looked around the forum (which is huge) and the Wiki, and I was still very confused. I needed it explained in layman's terms.

Also, might as well keep all my questions in one thread instead of posting twenty someodd threads, filling up the forum further.

EDIT: As for your suggestions, I cannot find the Acekard 2i or the 3in1 on GoCyberShopping. So, unless it's like DealExtreme, they don't have it. KickAssGaming would be the best choice for me, but the 3in1 is on back-order.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ben_j said:
Another solution : wait for the SuperCard DS Two that will emulate GBA games, and do other cool stuff. But since we have no info about the release date yet, if you can't wait, do what they said.
This. It will be worth the wait
smile.gif

Welcome to gbatemp
biggrin.gif

DopplerEffective

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thestarwarsrp.com
XP
Country
Canada
haflore said:
Yeah, it's just for ID-ing it. You can change it to whatever you like as long as it ends in .nds
Thanks a bunch.

I've got yet another question I was hoping I could get answered: Patching.

How does that work, exactly? I'm VERY interested in playing Fire Emblem 6, but seeing as I can't read Japanese, I'd need to patch it with the English Translation (which I have).

Is there a program that does that for you, or what?

bampop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The lexinerd in me needs to point out that the Doppler Effect is actually just a sound getting louder when it approaches you and softer as it goes away. Not a delayed audio effect.

G

GentleFist

bampop said:
The lexinerd in me needs to point out that the Doppler Effect is actually just a sound getting louder when it approaches you and softer as it goes away. Not a delayed audio effect.

no its actually the change in frequency (of the sound it makes) when for example a car drives by,

like when its getting closer it sounds higher pitched and when moving away lower or something along those lines
its just that "niiiiiiiuuum" a car makes when it drives by

offtopic but since you had to write it i had to o:

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DopplerEffective said:
haflore said:
Yeah, it's just for ID-ing it. You can change it to whatever you like as long as it ends in .nds
Thanks a bunch.

I've got yet another question I was hoping I could get answered: Patching.

How does that work, exactly? I'm VERY interested in playing Fire Emblem 6, but seeing as I can't read Japanese, I'd need to patch it with the English Translation (which I have).

Is there a program that does that for you, or what?

usually patching is just a drag and drop the *insert game rom here* onto *insert patch file here* and it'll do it's stuff and spit out a new patched rom, some other patches have a Gui you just open that find the patch file find the rom and patch same result really.

either way patching is simple enough and usually comes with a read me or a file that is named "drop rom here" that file is usually the biggest clue you'll ever get
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    She saw the sign and it opened up her mind lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All that she wants, is another storefront.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The homeless live in the compactors at Walmart
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The homeless live in the compactors at Walmart