Hacking new IOS wads in Metroid Prime New Play Controls

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
ChrisRX said:
Also no-one who's fluent in japanese actually uses the the word nippon. It can be a bit disrespectful.

Well, to my experience, Japanese people, in Japan, do it all the time, for example when shouting cheers during sports events and stuff. You can't really scream the 'ho' in nihon that loud.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linuks said:
mios v9 and IOS50 are not new (18/11/08 update) and IOS10 was deleted by nintendo after an update.
IOS53 and IOS55 are also in NFS.

I didn't say they were new, I said AFAIK they were new (or mostly new) wads.....IOS10 wasnt deleted by an update it was deleted (aka not included) from an update, which means many wiis still do not have it, but it has been spotted before...although MANY reports of it before through title-lister, were actually IOS4, because that is what it recognizes itself as (possibly only the older version), IOS10.

I didnt say anything about 53 and 55,
and Im pretty sure MIOSv8 was in the 11/18 update, not v9.....could be wrong though

Cygoku

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Huh, who is right and who is wrong here ?? LOL I guess you people need to wait for someone competent to get into this matter !!
tongue.gif

Cygoku

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
?? right........either way, its an interesting set of stuff on the disc...nearly a fullset of [newest] IOS, missing only 51 and 16 (duh), I still see a lot of disc popping out that dont even have IOS 37.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
noobwarrior7 said:
well, I had mentioned briefly before that I had come up with a super-obvious way to downgrade if we ever got in a jam again, with yet another modified wad manager using the until-now untouched (unless I am mistaken) IOS4 instead of 16....(I hadnt mentioned the "how" with the IOS4, just that I had a way, but ERR wrong)
And where is this theory coming from? IOS4 was the first one to be updatet with the october 23rd update, so the trucha bug is definatly fixed in it:
wiimersonator====== Titles Added ======

IOS4
Title ID: 00000001-00000004
Version: 0xff00
Size: 245760
Contents: 3 (of which 2 are shared)
http://wii.marcansoft.com/wiimpersonator/r...1023-031234.log

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rajnika said:
Useless thread ever made, 2 pages of wasting time with children's crap fighting.

Hahaha u r a prick, go troll elsewhere.

Slowking said:
QUOTE(noobwarrior7 @ Feb 25 2009, 02:21 AM) well, I had mentioned briefly before that I had come up with a super-obvious way to downgrade if we ever got in a jam again, with yet another modified wad manager using the until-now untouched (unless I am mistaken) IOS4 instead of 16....(I hadnt mentioned the "how" with the IOS4, just that I had a way, but ERR wrong)
And where is this theory coming from? IOS4 was the first one to be updatet with the october 23rd

I know that...that's why I said My theory was wrong....?
When the update first happened most places overlooked mentioning ios4 being updated so I thought perhaps it wasn't, but I later discovered it was simply an omission, and there was in fact a new version, and now there is a wad of it. K? Good.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think I know what NW says......he is trying to tell us that this IOS are new ones because they are not inside any other game (update partition) wich he is totally and complete right about it, as I said before
MIOSv9 is not even in your Wii if you have FW 3.4 so that is pretty NEW new, and IOS4 I believe is what reads the update partition of a disc, and IOS37 is not needed in every game, that's why it is not there all the time, most of these last games use IOS33 why bother putting more IOS there, just like Impossible Mission wich only has like 2 or 3 .wad files there...!!!
smile.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
noobwarrior7 said:
Slowking said:
noobwarrior7 said:
well, I had mentioned briefly before that I had come up with a super-obvious way to downgrade if we ever got in a jam again, with yet another modified wad manager using the until-now untouched (unless I am mistaken) IOS4 instead of 16....(I hadnt mentioned the "how" with the IOS4, just that I had a way, but ERR wrong)
And where is this theory coming from? IOS4 was the first one to be updatet with the october 23rd

I know that...that's why I said My theory was wrong....?
When the update first happened most places overlooked mentioning ios4 being updated so I thought perhaps it wasn't, but I later discovered it was simply an omission, and there was in fact a new version, and now there is a wad of it. K? Good.
That's not exactly what you said in your post.
And what good does it do for us to have a wad-version of it? I mean ignoring the fact that you could just download the wad from nintendos servers...

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you? pretty sure you can download all the files, but not everyone knows how to pack it without fakesigning it.....it comes in handy in case someone wants it, or in case there is something special found about it that it later gets removed from servers....

some people can copy the original signatures when packing it....I dont know how.....if that makes me dumb i guess it does.

maybe that app "update downloader" will download and pack a wad with an original sig? if so, then my bad, but I didnt think it did.

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends what type of signature it has. If it has a generic signature or a specific-Wii-locked one. Updates have generic ones, and so the signatures can be copied from the metadata and any Wii can use it. Specific-Wii-locked ones can be copied from the metadata, but only the Wii that originally downloaded it can use the .wad, else it must be fakesigned.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd appreciate a link to mios v9, I think Wiigator might also be interested somewhat. I googled it and found this:
http://pastie.org/393922.txt
I guess you can already download it and also make a wad automatically, maybe if someone knows where to get this script ("NUS Content Management Script by Galaxy") they could also let me know, could come in handy to get wads easily from the computer. If it is on the NUS server then we can just change the mios patcher source to get version 9, so it'd be interesting to see if it would still work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Hi hi