Hacking new IOS wads in Metroid Prime New Play Controls

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I had mentioned briefly before that I had come up with a super-obvious way to downgrade if we ever got in a jam again, with yet another modified wad manager using the until-now untouched (unless I am mistaken) IOS4 instead of 16....(I hadnt mentioned the "how" with the IOS4, just that I had a way, but ERR wrong)

...looks like nintendo was FINALLY thinking ahead....because the new metroid prime remake contains the first properly signed wad I have ever seen of IOS4, and since it is already on every wii, I kinda doubt it is the old version. update: definitely the newer one....glanced at wiibrew.
(I was actually pretty sure that IOS4 might be how the new hbc installers work, but I must be wrong.)

let me make sure I am clear, this is the wad of the IOS4 which I guess was updated on October 23rd, I just have never seen a wad of it at all before....so I didnt know, since I didnt do the October 23rd update, interesting is all.

also of interest, new wads that I don't believe have made an appearance until this disc:

-(signed, of course) IOS50 (hooray!!!!) [maybe this wad already so? I hadn't seen it....I guess I had only seen 3.3v2 on discs?]
-(signed, of course) MIOSv9 ???
-(signed, of course) IOS10????? wtf? are we looking at error 003 or something here? [I thought djdynamite had this IOS once....hmmm]

additional: BCv5 may or may not be new, I normally ignore BC.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow, mios9 that is wierd lol. I wonder if the new play control games use something from gamecube mode or something strange like that? Have you tried to play it? That would be annoying if there really was an error 003 or similar new problem lol

*EDIT* - Damn I just read your post in the other thread and it looks like there may be another problem huh
frown.gif

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it plays fine, and it definitely is all wii-side.....and this is new, Ive checked all the N.P.C. discs that I am aware of, this stuff it NEW.

I'm chipped, using english patched version.....but softmodders seem to have to patch to 249, or at least PAL softmodders have to patch to 249, and even then reporting some errors.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you talking about the Metroid asosubudunno what..??? well BCv5 is not new (nor important
laugh.gif
), IOS50..?? is the sysmenu in there the 3.4..?? if so then the only new file will be the MIOSv9 and I have installed on my Wii don't know from where this:

Title=1-a (IOS10) vers: 3.0 (768)

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep IOS10, is new, and a wad of 50 has not been available (maybe wrong about that one), neither has a wad of 4 im pretty positive, its not that they are three new IOS, but having them as signed wads is new.....you could dump em and fakesign em, but this is of interest.....theres a reason why you can NOT find menu 3.2 on discs, because it is the most exploited, only bushing's disc have it from all the searching I have done.

Wii-Nis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
metroid prime DOES NOT have IOS 4 wad....here is what is on NTCS-J Metroid Prime Wii des Asoubu

BOOT2-64-v2.wad [0x1] [0x38000] [0x24E00] [2]
IOS9-64-v516.wad [0x1] [0x5CE00] [0x17CD80] [3]

geez all you have to do is load the ISO with wiiscrubber and you can see what is packed into this game..IOS4 is not packed in.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um you are a retard...thats the brickblocked partition....good job....brickblocking introduces a fake partition......(claps for you)

Wii-Nis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no, that is the image after i dumped the game...see i actually buy games...one of the few reasons i softmodded was a. i have 2 kids, kids and disc media dont mix. b. i am fluent in the nippon language and enjoy playing NTSC-J games. so instead of shelling out more money for a Wii i already owned i TWH my NTSC-U wii...i dont use brickblocker, never have....starfall has worked fine for me.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii-Nis said:
no, that is the image after i dumped the game...see i actually buy games...one of the few reasons i softmodded was a. i have 2 kids, kids and disc media dont mix. b. i am fluent in the nippon language and enjoy playing NTSC-J games. so instead of shelling out more money for a Wii i already owned i TWH my NTSC-U wii...i dont use brickblocker, never have....starfall has worked fine for me.

so......youre saying.......a brand new disc, weeks old.........has only the two oldest wads available..........and you actually think that is correct.....

dude....its a brickblocked image.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
yep IOS10, is new

IOS10 has been listed on the wiibrew.org title database for a long time. I have seen title listings from Wiis that had it before also. In the November 2008 update that was logged on WiiBrew (or maybe HackMii) it was listed as "removed":

====== Titles Removed ======

IOS10
Title ID: 00000001-0000000a
Version: 0x 300
Size: 245760

(I believe that "removed" means it was removed from the update, not removed from the Wii during the update).

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fogbank said:
noobwarrior7 said:
yep IOS10, is new

IOS10 has been listed on the wiibrew.org title database for a long time. I have seen title listings from Wiis that had it before also. In the November 2008 update that was logged on WiiBrew (or maybe HackMii) it was listed as "removed":

====== Titles Removed ======

IOS10
Title ID: 00000001-0000000a
Version: 0x 300
Size: 245760

(I believe that "removed" means it was removed from the update, not removed from the Wii during the update).

a long time is very relative, it was only november when djdynamite had it show up in title lister...and it wasnt on wiibrew IOS list at that time....plus if it just made the list for being "removed"...then I still say....huh?

oh well, just fun food for thought...peace out.

Wii-Nis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
Wii-Nis said:

so......youre saying.......a brand new disc, weeks old.........has only the two oldest wads available..........and you actually think that is correct.....

dude....its a brickblocked image.

for a game that is 7 years old, and the only differance between the GC version and the "new" wii version is the controls....the game is just about the same size as the gamecube version.....the graphics were not updated...what this basically amounts to is a gamecube game with a wiimote, thats it. so yeah i can see "old" IOS's being used on this game...they seemed to work for Prime 3 didn't they.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
think what you want...all the NPC games have a hefty list of IOS in their update partition.....some have those in the fifties, but all go up to the 30's at least.....in fact pretty much all wii games do these days.

maybe something in your dumping process brickblocked it, but Im pretty sure thats not possible....someone else should be able to confirm what I've said....since Im staring right at the iso in scrubber, with the most complete IOS list ever seen.

Wii-Nis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
....maybe it has something to do with the way im dumping the games/dump prog automatically brickblocks it? i've done so many that im like a zombie when i do it so i dont pay much attention.....either way, the backup copies have to be patched with IOS 249 on all wii regions....

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wii-Nis said:
metroid prime DOES NOT have IOS 4 wad....here is what is on NTCS-J Metroid Prime Wii des Asoubu

BOOT2-64-v2.wad [0x1] [0x38000] [0x24E00] [2]
IOS9-64-v516.wad [0x1] [0x5CE00] [0x17CD80] [3]

geez all you have to do is load the ISO with wiiscrubber and you can see what is packed into this game..IOS4 is not packed in.

QUOTE(Wii-Nis @ Feb 25 2009, 02:55 AM) no, that is the image after i dumped the game...see i actually buy games...one of the few reasons i softmodded was a. i have 2 kids, kids and disc media dont mix. b. i am fluent in the nippon language and enjoy playing NTSC-J games. so instead of shelling out more money for a Wii i already owned i TWH my NTSC-U wii...i dont use brickblocker, never have....starfall has worked fine for me.

looooool, you are really serious? IOS9v516 doesn't have the trucha bug fixed. If you brickblock a game, you get exactly these 2 files inside the update parition. I'm almost sure you either brickblocked yourself or you downloaded a brickblocked .iso.

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
mios v9 and IOS50 are not new (18/11/08 update) and IOS10 was deleted by nintendo after an update.
IOS53 and IOS55 are also in NFS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: y