Friend Of GBATemp
OP
Trophies
Website
nongoodgba.kiczek.com
XP
Country
United States
seems CONQUEST-EFNET guys along with co-founder(some of you may know him as blu`) of the old #ndstemp
channel decided to takeover today. installed their own botnet and claim that we have nothing to fear.
well, we have known all along that it was possible for someone to do this, so we've always had
a backup channel handy for situations exactly such as this.
nyanya.gif

now for all your nds needs no longer do you need to visit #ndstemp we are not affiliated at all
with their selling of modchips or their illegal tactics to get donations for roms (think conquest,
as in scum of the earth, see http://www.cq-ef.net/index.php for proof, they own ndstemp now)
so don't go there anymore instead come see your same old friends at #ndsroms.

it will take awhile for the channel to repopulate as full as it normally was, but it will be just as it
was eventually.
smile.gif

irc.efnet.net/#ndsroms

EM0rox

Trophies
Website
www.emogame.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so GBAtemp didn't actually own #ndstemp? I don't really get it...

Here's how this works... Back a long time ago, someone who was a friend of #gbatemp had the idea to start a channel called #ndstemp... once he started the channel, bot owners and ops from #gbatemp went to this new channel as well, to help him out and whatnot... So it was "his channel" because he was the first one to start it. So it wasn't actually "owned" by #gbatemp but at the same time it was, it's really complicated if you don't understand the inner workings of an irc channel and how everything works to keep one going.

_mrshl_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
shaunj66 changed topic at #gbatemp to 'www.GBATemp.net | Petz_Vet_USA_GBA-RS | #ndstemp back in business
wink.gif
'

edit: just a typo

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
official word?
channel was taken over, and was taken back again.

I could close this topic but I'm too lazy to move the cursor over the "close topic" button (actually i don't know maybe people want to discuss this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1