New N3dsXL/LL worth it in 2023?

Drosa19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never owned a Nintendo 3ds mainly because we were poor growing up. I purchased one that was broken (broken screen). I got hooked on the games!! I attempted to fix it by replacing the screen but won't turn on anymore lol. Something to do with the daughter board. Just bought another in good conditions. My question is, is this console worth owning in 2023 because of its questionable longevity with no parts for sale I.E IC's or even schematics?

Last edited by Drosa19,

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo consoles have always has a history of being long lasting, especially with parts being readily available for almost every console. The homebrew scene is extensive and plenty of emulators to play around with as well, so I'd say it's most certainly worth it.

ragnarok_approaches123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes. If you don't have a 3D monitor then there's a fair argument that you should play 3DS games on a real 3DS. I haven't tried emulating the 3DS on a PC before but 3DS emulation on the Switch is a mess and the impression I get is that it's good but not great on the PC.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Yes because when it hits there is nothing like that 3D effect. n3ds has amazing build quality.
With hacks you've got generations of Nintendo in your pocket, looking amazing and playing as well.

Im still amazed at how good @Sono Twilight made DS look and @profi200 OAF for gameboy advance titles too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch