New Nintendo protection broken in under 24 hours!

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
I am out of DVDs
frown.gif

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm surprised to the extremes people go to avoid paying for copy.... the game is totally worth buying people...
dry.gif

I have already pre-ordered my order my copy... But what about other less polished games that deserve a "test run" only and may also feature protection?

What about PAL owners who otherwise have to wait (potentially) months longer to play/buy the same games as their US counterparts?

This is about more than just a single release...

About unpolished games, if it interests you buy it, it's not like the nes era where you might have spend money on a big dud, you can read reviews and get videos and previews.

If the game isn't available on your country I guess you can say that, as long as go buy it once it's available.
but I'm dissapointed this is a game everyone will play and sell less that GTA, which pales in comaprison to Mario Galaxy.

The best thing we can show developers is that AAA games are want people wanna buy, specially us since we are the hardcore, too bad we end up with flashcarts and modchips and never pay for stuff. I've had the oportunity to put my Wii a modchip but I rather support what they are doing rather than steal their work, I gone back to the time I paid for my hobbies...

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but if I bought Mario I couldn't play it anyway. It would recognize my chip and say that I couldn't play it.

So, isn't Nintendo really defeating itself with this protection? So, should I uninstall my chip, buy Mario, beat Mario and then reinstall the chip?

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I just read that. It seems like the chip shuts itself off.

In either case, the wiikey thing doesn't effect me that much, since I barely have time to play games at home at the moment. I still need to beat Zelda, then go onto Metroid and then I could think about Mario.

It does bother me though how long Wiikey takes to figure things out. I was a wiikey backer, but Cyclowiz has come through time and time again. I almost ready to switch out chips.

totty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For those of you waiting for the Wiikey update to correct "Super Mario Galaxy" issues, here are some tidbits of information...

* The original Wiikey coder, reponsible for previous delays, is no longer working on it. The update is being authored by the same team responsible for D2Ckey.

* CyloWiz was already working on an update to improve code transfers and, by pure luck, it also fixed SMG. This is how they were able to issue an update so quickly.

* The Wiikey update is being written from scratch by the D2Ckey coding team. This takes time and will, most likely, be a more stable environment than the previously available (unfinished by the original coder) firmware v1.9

The Wiikey Team is fully aware of how anxious everyone is for this update and they are fully committed to providing a working and stable update.

Source: www.wiinewz.com

amrod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those of you waiting for the Wiikey update to correct "Super Mario Galaxy" issues, here are some tidbits of information...

* The original Wiikey coder, reponsible for previous delays, is no longer working on it. The update is being authored by the same team responsible for D2Ckey.

* CyloWiz was already working on an update to improve code transfers and, by pure luck, it also fixed SMG. This is how they were able to issue an update so quickly.

* The Wiikey update is being written from scratch by the D2Ckey coding team. This takes time and will, most likely, be a more stable environment than the previously available (unfinished by the original coder) firmware v1.9

The Wiikey Team is fully aware of how anxious everyone is for this update and they are fully committed to providing a working and stable update.

great a total re-write of the code.. that is gonna take awhile, maybe I was right when I guessed sometime in the new year
smile.gif

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About what Team Cyclops says about the Wii not reading the drive RAM. I don't understand how they say this when you can take the chip out before booting the game and it will still give you the error. Doesn't that mean the Wii is looking into it's own modified RAM and seeing something different?

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
I just spoken to xiaNaix, and here is what he had to say:

Nawz and xiaNaix conversation wrote:
xiaNaix says:
Funny, people on GBATemp don't seem to believe it. LOL

xiaNaix says:
They cry for behind-the-scenes info and then when they get it they don't want to believe.

Nawz says:
Yeah...it is pretty stupid. How good are the D2C coders? I take it they know their stuff pretty well.

xiaNaix says:
Yes, but they are coding from the ground up to replace the code done by the old shit guy.

Nawz says:
But that is good. Since D2C know what they need to aim for in the update i say its better than what cyclowiz has done and just probably bypassed it...

xiaNaix says:
The update should be out this weekend or early next week.

Nawz says:
Its also a good marketing move from D2CKey, since they are helping their old product i think the D2C customers are now more keen to stick with D2C if any other D2C modchip comes out and gets detected.

xiaNaix says:
True.

Keep this news inside NTorrents please.

Taken from Ntorrents.

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country

Stop acting like a fool.

"2007-10-26 10:17:05

Two new rules have been implemented

Rule 1: What happens in Ntorrents stays in Ntorrents. That means dont talk about us, our uploads, our seeds, our graphics, non of it. According to the rest of the web this site doesn't exist and or you have never heard of it.

Rule 2: Do not EVER post the url in a public forum NT will be fine, if you want to invite someone you can give them the url in private, but never in public. If they don't know they don't need to.

Violation of these rules will result in the deletion of your account as well as your invitees and inviter.

You may discuss the new rules here."

RingKing97

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The D2C doesn't work on the older wii's, so wiikey doesn't have anything to sell us. If the there in no update then we all go get a cyclone there SOL no one would buy WiiKey. So they might just string us along until they have a fix. Sounds logical doesn't it??

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

* Cylo
tongue.gif
Wiz was already working on an update to improve code transfers and, by pure luck, it also fixed SMG. This is how they were able to issue an update so quickly.

That means that the Cyclowiz had a kick-@$$ firmware to begin with then.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and also ahve the option to play as a human
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or set it up that when you get injured past a certain point they have to replace your human parts with cybernetics
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i have a placeholder enemy sprite i made
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ok im gonna make my own asset