Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Alola forms? Meaning that we can't use the regular form of that Pokemon in Sun and Moon?

It'll probably work as an add-on type of thing.

Like how DP introduced Basic Rotom, and in Pt we had access to other Rotoms without sacrificing the normal Rotom.

It is probably different formes that are not interchangeable,
meaning Any other Vulpix you import will still be fire type (and could still be possible to encounter along fire routes),
but the Snow-pix is not able to change back to fire type and vice versa.

Its not the first time a Pokemon with a different forme gains different typing or moveset.
Just look at:
Castform (changes in formes changes typing)
Deoxys (retains typing but changes moveset)
Vivillon (essentially different forme encountered on different 3DS' geographical location)

It's as though Vulpix-Snowpix are a combination of these factors.

Also if you look at AZ's Floette (though officially not revealed),
It is but a different forme (data wise it's just a change in byte, meaning it's still a Floette, but with a different forme value),
and it has drastically different stats (it's base stat total is only one point below Florges).

So it's not difficult for GF/Ninty to implement 'Alolan formes', since the concept of different formes having different types and or movesets are already in place.
It's just pretty cool to see them finally do it.

Reactions: RustInPeace

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oricorio is going to be OU for sure. Assuming it's stats aren't crap anyway. No More Annoying Lilligants!! (I guess this cripples Volcorona too)
Don't you dare to ruin my childhood, Nintendo. The first 151s should NOT be touched.
Too late. The egg tree is now a mutant giraffe

Last edited by Ricken,

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
I simply copy and paste my opinion from serebii facebook page. Becouse i litteraly write the same thing again so i go lazy and copy and paste.

Oricorio is amazing. I love so much this Pokémon and i can't wait to have one on my team. Minior...is a thing a guess? I read in some youtube comment that somebody belive is a Solrock/Lunatone pre evolution but...move one. Gumshoos....burned with fire. Fomantis and is evolution looks adorable, the funny part is i have a mantis in my garden for all this week and only this morning is move away; now i know why shes got a job in this new Pokémon game. Mudbray is what here in italy we call a "Mulo" (Mule for english) and i liked more then hes evolution. For now this new gen, for me at least, is going in the right direct with is "strike out" but at the same time have a good number of "hit" in his scorebook.

I was awere of this type of Pokémon but they only exist in fan design...util now. Vulpix and Ninetails are amazing, after evolving Ninetails get the Fary type so now (if they give to new moves) can become a possible dragon killer or Greninja killer (becouse *uck Greninja). Sandshrew and Sandslash also look amazing, the type is not the best but hey i play for the story mode and the single player experience so i dosen't touch me too much. Maybe even the "old" Crystal Onix now have a chance for return ;) Exeggutor is...intresting. Not for design, i totaly see way is in this way, but for typing. Before this only Mega Sceptile have the Grass/Dragon combination and correct me if i says wrong but, as far i know, Exeggutor dosen't lear any Dragon moves right? So maybe they give to him new moves for matching the type.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not really diggiging the additional powercreep shit.
I want good global mechanics, not gimmicky super moves or super pokemon. Also, using a Z-move per battle means you'll pretty much oneshot every trainer, harder than when you got megas and the enemy didn't, in gen 6. I really wish they started balancing the singleplayer a little so it at least played like a videogame and not an A press simulator.

I do like that they are branching the existing pokemon instead of creating a million new ones though, especially when 80% of the cast became replaced by a superior version somewhere down the line. So far seeing Ninetales, Sandslash and Exeggcutor make me hopeful that, unlike megas, they are now awarding those formes to shit mons as a way to balance instead of giving them to already powerful stuff just for the sake of popularity.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gunshoos is my bae <3.

On the contrary I'll be haunted by the palm tree exxegcutor isk hoe to spell it

Gumshoos looks like Trump as stated by a few sites. Also some Chinese leaks forsaw this coming, so the leaks are strong with this one

Last edited by Procyon,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really diggiging the additional powercreep shit.
I want good global mechanics, not gimmicky super moves or super pokemon. Also, using a Z-move per battle means you'll pretty much oneshot every trainer, harder than when you got megas and the enemy didn't, in gen 6. I really wish they started balancing the singleplayer a little so it at least played like a videogame and not an A press simulator.

It does promote the use of protect, meaning the opposing trainer will waste that Z-move. Errr, part of me thinks it's an ingame story thing. It won't be allowed in wifi battles and such. I can't think of an example like this from the past, but I'm hoping that mechanic isn't part of wifi battles and even their ingame battle facility, whatever it will be. Maybe Z-moves can still work after a protect much like Hyper Beam, same with simply missing the move, if its accuracy is below 100. Or, Mimikyu can be a switch in for those moves, tank it, no damage, haha sucker. Compared to a few weeks ago with hyper training announced, I was ecstatic. Here, I'm a bit confused and worried, that this Z-move is kind of game breaking. Are gyms replaced by Kahunas? Is Mega Evolution coming back, because then that's another bracelet for the trainer to wear, unless they go for a necklace thing. Do the Alolan forms change stats or just typing and moves? I guess it's just wait and see. It at least gets me thinking and intrigued for the games to come out, which is what should happen in order to market the games to more than just kids.

Reactions: Deleted User

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It has always bugged me that Exeggutor being some kind of a coconut or palm tree, is rather short.
While its Alolan forme looks really weird, it makes a bit more sense to me.

Also, Snowpix and Neinthails are pretty epic to me.

Just hoping that a lot of Pokemon get some additional differences.

Honestly diversity region differences should have been a thing way before Mega evolutions, as it makes more sense,
as compared to a one-time-power-up-then-reversion, which seems more of a Digimon thing.

(don't get me wrong, I like Mega evolution, but it seems like Pokemon should have went to region differences before Mega evolution.
Heck, even in Arbok's dex entry discusses it having different patterns ones captured in different places, but it was annoying to see the same pattern despite it being a transferred pokemon)

Last edited by Queno138,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some designs look okay, others look awful, but what i only want is a confirmation of popplio's final evolution, it looks beautiful.

D

Deleted User

Well NOT Alola, for sure
At least the name Alola is fairly obviously based off of the word Aloha, but I can't even begin to guess where the hell the names for other regions come from or what they're supposed to mean.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
wtf which region has a smart name lol
kanto - random shit
hoenn- like dr hoenheim of ma?
sinoh- more random shit
kalos-wtf?

Actually Kanto is an actual way to describe Japan (doesn't make it not lame): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kantō_region
But everything else is rather lame, admittedly.
Isshu, meaning united, is pretty interestingly, but became lame when it became UnovA (so NOV = S? XD)

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It does promote the use of protect, meaning the opposing trainer will waste that Z-move. Errr, part of me thinks it's an ingame story thing. It won't be allowed in wifi battles and such. I can't think of an example like this from the past, but I'm hoping that mechanic isn't part of wifi battles and even their ingame battle facility, whatever it will be. Maybe Z-moves can still work after a protect much like Hyper Beam, same with simply missing the move, if its accuracy is below 100. Or, Mimikyu can be a switch in for those moves, tank it, no damage, haha sucker. Compared to a few weeks ago with hyper training announced, I was ecstatic. Here, I'm a bit confused and worried, that this Z-move is kind of game breaking. Are gyms replaced by Kahunas? Is Mega Evolution coming back, because then that's another bracelet for the trainer to wear, unless they go for a necklace thing. Do the Alolan forms change stats or just typing and moves? I guess it's just wait and see. It at least gets me thinking and intrigued for the games to come out, which is what should happen in order to market the games to more than just kids.
I'm pretty certain Z-moves will become the new standard mandatory thing you're forced to use to be able to stand a chance just like megas were/are. I mean, this one seems to be one straight super strong attack, so it's quite obvious it's gonna be mandatory.
I don't see gamefreak dangling the shiny cool DBZ energy attack and then go "nu-uh Tmmy you don't get to use this when you bring your 6 shiny legendaries online". Remember Mega Rayquaza?

As for megas, it's hard to say. I think they're coming back. Again gamefreak would never have the balls to make a pokemon and remove it. At worst they'll change some minor details around it, maybe. Also the fanbase tends to be attached to the individual pokemon to retarded levels, some may commit suicide if they ever took out their favourite megas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hey a thought occurred to me... If they are unexpected database errors, are there expected database errors?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, that's just a pre-order term to make the product look better it's not sold out
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never expect a website to last 24/7 it's like section 8
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    good afternoon fellas
    +1
    Gotten tag!
    Gutten lol
    Autocorrect isn't always correct
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    however,sad news today, although idk if i can say it bc it relates to a rom site
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rom or Ram site? Cause there's a big difference
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    rom,like game files
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    know what? to paraphrase sonic: "no GBAtemp rule in the universe is gonna stop me"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    vimm's lair had to remove a bunch of games because of nintendo, sega, and lego
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Got taken down? Another one bites the dust
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not taken down, but had to remove a bunch of games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sirloin sounds good tonight
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah it does
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    RIP Vimm's Lair (most of the games anyway), you will be missed

also i think this is a great time and reason to bring back a hashtag previously used about ubisoft
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    #stopkillinggames
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #mailmesomesirloinsteak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mail you deeze nuts
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be cheap, flat rate small envelope. Me- "Hey this envelope is empty, oh that makes since."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still fits in your mouth the same way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a pound. Crazyness. Price of good fish is just as bad.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a...