ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

arkanos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know if Datel has in mind a way to implement all his cheat codes with digital games? Something like check your SD for savegames and select which one you want to apply cheats would be awesome.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if Datel has in mind a way to implement all his cheat codes with digital games? Something like check your SD for savegames and select which one you want to apply cheats would be awesome.

Only Datel knows the answer to that question, but I do not see that happening anytime soon. It doesn't seem to fit with their current business model, and full digital download games represent only a small portion of total game sales which doesn't give them as much incentive to support them.

Reactions: arkanos

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if my understanding on how the whole saves stuff works, i don't think its possible to support eshop games, as the save files are created unique to the console and any time they are edited it ties in with something in the nand....hence why you cant just back up the save, trade all your pokemon out and copy the old save back on. the saves have a extra layer of protection that the carts dont.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
if my understanding on how the whole saves stuff works, i don't think its possible to support eshop games, as the save files are created unique to the console and any time they are edited it ties in with something in the nand....hence why you cant just back up the save, trade all your pokemon out and copy the old save back on. the saves have a extra layer of protection that the carts dont.

That's not true for all eShop games though.

arkanos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only Datel knows the answer to that question, but I do not see that happening anytime soon. It doesn't seem to fit with their current business model, and full digital download games represent only a small portion of total game sales which doesn't give them as much incentive to support them.

Reactions: MGS1980

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
maybe yes or not
i think if they want to , they can do it
if you can locate the save game in the SD card, they can update the program so you can put the save game and they modify it
but i think XY and animal crossing save game inside the game it self

K1RO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patiently waiting for Datel to release codes for hard to get items from wild Pokemons... specifically Pikachu's Light Ball. If anyone has one, I would trade you my Jolly 5IV Yveltal for it(battle ready or untrained). PM me if anyone is interested.

Got a Light Ball, thanks.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patiently waiting for Datel to release codes for hard to get items from wild Pokemons... specifically Pikachu's Light Ball. If anyone has one, I would trade you my Jolly 5IV Yveltal for it(battle ready or untrained). PM me if anyone is interested.

They could possibly make a master ball replace code...

Find master ball in items;
Quantity is new item index;
Verify that it is a whitelisted item (check to see if it exists in a valid-item array)
Replace master ball with new item
Replace quantity with x995

Done.

K1RO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Verify that it is a whitelisted item (check to see if it exists in a valid-item array)

Done.
Oh, that would be nice.

kingkey24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Done.

looks like datel gave you credit for the training bags & pokepuffs codes

Nyancat

wow i have a custom title, how nice
Trophies
XP
Country
What do you think that came first: Pokecheck gen 6 support(to get Hoppa amd Volcanion) or Hoopa and Volcanion on Powersaves?
Well gen 6 support for Pokécheck got cancelled so it was going to happen but I do think Powersaves as well. I wish the Gen 6 support didn't go down though *sigh*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...