ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is it possible to use powersaves with games on the SD card? Because I have a downloaded game but I've no idea:

1)where the saves are located
2)if you can even use powersaves without a cartridge

K1RO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is this thread dying?
We got what we wanted for Pokemon(IVs and Natures) so it's getting quiet. For the unreleased Pokemon, we all know that they'll release them when they're officially out. So theres really nothing to talk about instead of updates and etc.

D

Deleted-19228

There's zero reason for them to wait to be honest. Even if Nintendo did "ask" them why would it matter to them? Nintendo has taken Datel/etc., to court and won before for using copyrighted code. Technically they are a commercial product decrypting and re-encrypting the save game which is against TOS. Doesn't make sense, really.

Reactions: Mimi Hideyoshi

detroitwillfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone on here answer a few of my questions? im interested in getting the pro version of the powersave for pokemon x. currently, what are the issues with corrupting game files on the physical cartriges? because ive read some reports of users that have had that issue and im trying to be as educated as i can.

primarily, i just want to create competitive wifi teams.

K1RO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone on here answer a few of my questions? im interested in getting the pro version of the powersave for pokemon x. currently, what are the issues with corrupting game files on the physical cartriges? because ive read some reports of users that have had that issue and im trying to be as educated as i can.

primarily, i just want to create competitive wifi teams.
Don't buy the Pro version; Same as the orginal but different packaging and more expensive. I haven't had any corruption yet, but don't use a lot of codes at once.

Gamergrrrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I might be wrong, but I don't think there's much of a chance of bricking your cart if you use the device sensibly. The instances I've seen are people trying to apply loads of codes at once, or making an egg shiny or whatever. I'd be interested to know what people have done to brick their carts, because I can't see it just being "I i just applied the 999x item code and it bricked"

Last night my pokémon X got bricked and all I did was backup my game to the pc. Now my cartridge just shows up as a white square on my 3DS menu. Has anyone heard of getting bricked just from reading the cartridge?

I didn't think to check if Pokémon Bank can read it but I'm pretty dubious to that if the 3DS doesn't recognize it.

As I understand it, I can't use my save on another cartridge, right? And there's no way to extract the data and repackage it if I get another cartridge?

Sigh. It was my main cartridge. I thought I was safe just reading...

detroitwillfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't buy the Pro version; Same as the orginal but different packaging and more expensive. I haven't had any corruption yet, but don't use a lot of codes at once.

so buy the regular version? then just update it?

works with 3dsXL? and should I stay away from the wondercard/event pokemon codes?

I want to complete my dex, and get some shinies/clone to pokebank, and build my competitive wifi teams

ryanfarrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I’m sceptical of the whole “Nintendo threatened Datel with legal action” thing. There are several things that don’t add up. The glaring one being – why now? Datel have been releasing these sort of products for nearly a couple of decades. I used to sell Mews when I was about nine years old in the nineties. I’ve used Datel cheating devices on every generation so far, and got tonnes of unreleased/unannounced things. So why suddenly would Nintendo object? Why didn’t they use whatever powers they’ve apparently used now, back then? I’ve always thought that legally, Nintendo couldn’t touch Datel.

I would be inclined to believe that Datel have finally relented and agreed to be more conservative when allowing people to access things in the games. They took down all the unreleased stuff suddenly, and it all pointed to that. But why have they put the Latiosite/Latiasite back up? They haven’t been announced officially at all, let alone released.

so buy the regular version? then just update it?

works with 3dsXL? and should I stay away from the wondercard/event pokemon codes?

I want to complete my dex, and get some shinies/clone to pokebank, and build my competitive wifi teams

It doesn't connect to your 3DS, so it doesn't matter which one you use. Use whatever codes you like, I've had no problem with any wondercard ones. But remember not to go over the top - don't tick more than a few boxes and try and do loads all at once. Try and add two or three codes at most each time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, hi