Hacking New release of Decrypt9 that is compatible with B9S is not working.

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Just grabbed the latest release here:

https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

However, when booting to Luma's chainloader (START), only Godmode 9 is booting but I have in the payloads folder both D9 and GM firms. There is no firm selection with 8.0 luma when holding START (GM loads as default)

If I use Luma's 8.0's latest commit, I get the selection screen but trying to load D9 results in a crash with debug text.

Hardware is N3DS 11.4 B9S V1.2/Luma 8.0/latest commit.

Anyone tried this yet and it works? Cannot figure out the cause of mine crashing.

EDIT: SOLVED: #21

Last edited by retrofan_k,

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mmm I downloaded it yesterday and it worked perfectly.
Didi you try to redownload it? Maybe it got corrupted while downloading

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Simply answer, yes I put the "firm" file of D9 to the payloads folder. Already stated in the OP that i'm using B9S, not A9LH.
Well you could have put the bin file by mistake.
From the op you said you only have one firm in the folder. How do you expect Luma to load anything else?

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
From the op you said you only have one firm in the folder. How do you expect Luma to load anything else?

Still, if the person did hack his console using the guide, it should also have a GodMode9 firm file.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still, if the person did hack his console using the guide, it should also have a GodMode9 firm file.
That's working at least according to the op. He can't load Decrypt9 but apparently he didn't put the firm in the payloads folder so yeah Luma automatically load Godmode9.

Reactions: sp3off

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's working at least according to the op. He can't load Decrypt9 but apparently he didn't put the firm in the payloads folder so yeah Luma automatically load Godmode9.

Yes, your statement is right. OP, try this.
- Put the Godmode9 firm file away from the payloads folder and put the D9 firm file.
- If Luma3DS succeeds to launch it, you should have D9
- If it doesn't, well it's a D9 problem. You should try to use a anterior version of it.

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

I know how it works. If you have more than one firm in the folder it will list them all, yet if you have just one "firm" in the folder it will automatically load that via "Start"

I updated the OP, as there was a mistake and was not clearly explained.

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm running Luma 8.0 (i.e. the latest release but not the latest commit), boot9strap v1.2 and just grabbed the latest version of Decrypt9 because I read your post and realised that the earlier version I currently had no longer worked (it produced a memory dump when trying to run it).

I dumped the latest release of Decrypt9 over the top of the older one and it seems to work fine for me. Have you tried going back to the first Luma release of 8.0 to see if you still get the issue? If not then my guess would be one of the later commits has broken something or altered something somehow.

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Yes, your statement is right. OP, try this.
- Put the Godmode9 firm file away from the payloads folder and put the D9 firm file.
- If Luma3DS succeeds to launch it, you should have D9
- If it doesn't, well it's a D9 problem. You should try to use a anterior version of it.

I deleted the GM firm from the payloads folder and copied a fresh downloaded D9 (official) to the payloads folder (does nothing when pressing "start") just boots to the "home menu"

Same happens when I tried the one posted from here (https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/871517702778757120). Console just boots to the "Home menu". However, GM still works when I copied that back to payloads folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm running Luma 8.0 (i.e. the latest release but not the latest commit), boot9strap v1.2 and just grabbed the latest version of Decrypt9 because I read your post and realised that the earlier version I currently had no longer worked (it produced a memory dump when trying to run it).

I dumped the latest release of Decrypt9 over the top of the older one and it seems to work fine for me. Have you tried going back to the first Luma release of 8.0 to see if you still get the issue? If not then my guess would be one of the later commits has broken something or altered something somehow.

Yeah, i'm currently trying official 8.0 at the moment, still no luck

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I deleted the GM firm from the payloads folder and copied a fresh downloaded D9 (official) to the payloads folder (does nothing when pressing "start") just boots to the "home menu"

Same happens when I tried the one posted from here (https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/871517702778757120). Console just boots to the "Home menu". However, GM still works when I copied that back to payloads folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, i'm currently trying official 8.0 at the moment, still no luck
Pics of the payload folder would help..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0