Hacking New Super Mario Bros. U Retro Remix

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Vamp and Abood, it has been a while. No need to repost them on the forums, they have some bugs still because I used different tilesets, I was thinking about getting back into it and fine tuning them... I was pleased to play an iso release of RR with some map editing done looked pretty official, if i remember right someone even got bowser to work at the end of the 1St castle. Wich is cool, just wish it took 5 fireballs to kill him. then I think abut moving them to newer engine so I can make a custom map, just got burnt out on it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@AboodXD how difficult/time consuming is it to move a level from wii to wiiu

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hey Vamp and Abood, it has been a while. No need to repost them on the forums, they have some bugs still because I used different tilesets, I was thinking about getting back into it and fine tuning them... I was pleased to play an iso release of RR with some map editing done looked pretty official, if i remember right someone even got bowser to work at the end of the 1St castle. Wich is cool, just wish it took 5 fireballs to kill him. then I think abut moving them to newer engine so I can make a custom map, just got burnt out on it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@AboodXD how difficult/time consuming is it to move a level from wii to wiiu
You have to fully recreate it.

Wordpress

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I modified the title.szs but no changes appear in the CEMU.
I state that I have 3 folders, I changed the title.szs in the two circled in red (see photo)
do I have to change somewhere else?

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    3.7 KB · Views: 162

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
Now are these the replies I get when I post a thread about a new full hack? :glare:

First and foremost, I now have a person to dislike in the forums. That guy that was talking about your posts...eff him. Your work is amazing. Thank you for your work. I can't possibly describe the glee and excitement I felt playing these 1:1 re-creations of SMB in NSMBU. Fantastic work @AboodXD . Though, I have a question/statement... When the game loads, I dont have the retro remix title screen, only the original "Nsmbu" box. How do I or better yet, what did you do to get it to show up? Am I missing any textures?

FYI: Im playing on CEMU, I created a copy of NSMBU then overwrote the files in the game folder. The levels work fine, but no dice on the title screen like in your demo video.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
First and foremost, I now have a person to dislike in the forums. That guy that was talking about your posts...eff him. Your work is amazing. Thank you for your work. I can't possibly describe the glee and excitement I felt playing these 1:1 re-creations of SMB in NSMBU. Fantastic work @AboodXD . Though, I have a question/statement... When the game loads, I dont have the retro remix title screen, only the original "Nsmbu" box. How do I or better yet, what did you do to get it to show up? Am I missing any textures?

FYI: Im playing on CEMU, I created a copy of NSMBU then overwrote the files in the game folder. The levels work fine, but no dice on the title screen like in your demo video.
If I remember correctly, the edited title screen is not included in the download.
I'm currently involved in a much bigger NSMBU mod, therefore cannot continue working on this. (maybe in the future?)

5 years later, I was able to reach further beyond with NSMBU modding, such as being able to inject my own custom code into the game, so hopefully the next mod will be of a much better quality.
Not exactly a preview, but here is a thing:

Last edited by AboodXD,
Reactions: Tur7L3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, kirby krustday