Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you all both for the answers, but . . .

I try 2 different patches and they gave me the same dol

And . . . always return to the menu !

i don't know what to do now !!

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If You have a mod chip you need to Download iOS53 + iOS60 (4.1e) or iOS70 (4.2e) patch with dop ios mod.
Then it will load from the disc channel.

Cheers

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, i don't have mod !

But now i have 3 main.dol: one clean and 2 different patched.

The disc with patched main.dol is not booting in USB loader GX (disc launch).
I've read many post and i don't understand.

Can this be a StartPatch problem ? (I have seen that some hacks in preloader have to be blocked).
I don't have preloader, i use StartPatch 4.1 (because i'm on a 4.1).

K.Wall.24

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I know my answer is probably here somewhere, but bear with me.

When New Super Mario Bros Wii first came out, I downloaded a PAL version because I couldn't find an NTSC-U for me to use(I have a Canadian Wii) The PAL version ran fine, and I beat the game, and was going to start to unlock all of World 9. But, a bunch of stuff happened in the game that I didn't like, so I deleted my save game file from the Wii System Menu, not via the game.

Then, I made a new game. I got all the way to the end, but after the final cutscene, the screen would go black and would not save my progress of beating the game. Then I searched and downloaded off wiiso.com for an NTSC version of the game. When I first tried to run it via WiiFlow, it gave me 'An error occured. Please eject the disc...'. So I tried with USBLoader GX, and had the same problem. The screen flashed green, and then went to black. So, I downloaded somebody elses version of the NTSC game. Same error.

I am using 4.2U, softmodded, IOS 249, waninkoko's cIOS v14, error 002 fix, force NTSC, force English, vidtv patch, patch country strings, and I have downloaded and installed the latest version of IOS70. please help

lexxlexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
i have modchip wii and system menu 3.2E try use neogamma and gecko to play from patched and non patched dvd with nsmb nothing help i see only disc not found in neogamma and gecko and disc channel what i need to do? but i dont really want update system menu i wanna stay on 3.2

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Why stay on 3.2? There are no benefits at all staying on 3.2 anymore. If you dread the infamous (not really anymore) 4.2 you can go to 4.1 which have everything 3.2 have + more.

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Under "Hacking" there is a update-thread and also a NSMB-thread which both have everything you need and plenty more. Read up.

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a modchip (d2pro i think) system meny 4.1e and cIOS rev 14 and an unpatched iso, trying to run through disc channel and latest neogamma but i get an error after about 5-10 minutes, do i need to update anything else, update IOS 53 or 60?

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
e2zippo said:
I have a modchip (d2pro i think) system meny 4.1e and cIOS rev 14 and an unpatched iso, trying to run through disc channel and latest neogamma but i get an error after about 5-10 minutes, do i need to update anything else, update IOS 53 or 60?
You need the patched version.

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But it says on the first page the iso should be unpatched when you have a modchip?

-Or try the newest NeoGamma R8Beta, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed. THE ISO MUST BE UNPATCHED!

karmatikal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone could help me out with a quick answer it would be great, I've tried reading through all these pages but cannot get a definite answer.

I have a copy of NSMB that works fine on softmodded systems using Neogamma. I am trying to use this copy on a hardmodded system with a Drivekey V2. When I insert the disc, it comes up with an error saying the disc cannot be played, black screen with white writing. Then the system locks up and I have to do a full shutdown and power up to get it going again.

Do I need the unpatched ISO to run this directly from disc channel with a drivekey V2 and System menu 4.1?

thanks

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your problem is that you don't have the trucha bug anymore, so your Wii doesn't accept the fakesigned disc. You should be able to fix this by running the Trucha Bug Restorer and patching IOS60 to accept fakesigned content.

karmatikal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any softmodding done on this Wii. This is a totally separate Wii then the one where the game works. I have a softmodded Wii, it works fine, I am trying to setup a Wii with absolutely nothing done to the software, just a hardmod. It has Drivekey V2 and 4.1 menu.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that. And unless your modchip can be updated to support the unpatched NSMB Wii, then you're gonna have to install the HBC and restore the Trucha Bug. If you do what I said it'll load from the disc channel once you're done. If your chip can't be reflashed then there's no way around it.

karmatikal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's the problem, I know if I softmod it, I can easily play the game, but the customer doesn't want any softmodding done. Just a hardmod. these Drivekey V2's are supposed to be patched for NSMB. I will have to try a non patched version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!