OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
vvlYu.jpg

Shanghai, 1936. Whore of the Orient. Paris of the East. The most corrupt and decadent city on the planet, where anything can be had or done for the right price. Plaything of Western powers who greedily exploit the Chinese masses. Boiling pot of Chinese nationalism, with the Kuomintang ruthlessly trying to suppress Communism and the labour movement. Home to the International Police Force, a group of Western cops hopelessly trying to keep the lid on and keep the peace.

From the development team who brought you L.A. Noire and The Getaway, along with the Academy Award winning film production team of Kennedy Miller Mitchell comes a completely new and original IP being developed for next generation games consoles and PC.

The Getaway, famous for its photo-realistic look, strong narrative and uncompromising gameplay style, sold over 4 million units on the PlayStation 2. The release of L.A. Noire set the quality bar even higher selling over 5 million units. L.A. Noire was critically heralded as a breakthrough for interactive storytelling and was the first game ever to be invited to be shown at New York's world renowned Tribeca Film Festival. L.A. Noire has gone on to become the UK's fastest selling original IP - a title previously held by The Getaway - and a worldwide number one hit. Using award winning animation technology to capture every actor's facial performance in astonishing detail, L.A. Noire combined breathtaking action with true detective work to deliver an unprecedented interactive experience.

Team Bondi (the developer of L.A. Noire) just announced their new game they're working on: "Whore Of The Orient". Yup, you read that right. [MEDIA SHITSTORM INBOUND]
It is going to be released on PC and next-gen consoles. Release date is TBA.

Features; massages with happy ending

lol /jk
I seem to be one of the few people who'd really enjoyed L.A. Noire. The setting and style was well done imo

official teaser site

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really liked LA Noire, will be checking this out if my PC will run it or I have a next gen console soon.

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
That's quite a provocative title...

Sounds interesting though, I'm always down with a game that's based on my heritage. :P Certainly enjoying Sleeping Dogs at the moment (I know they're different devs).

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I hope it's not a L.A. Niore type gameplay. Game gets boring after a while and there is no replay value. A GTA style gameplay would be nice. Can bad or good decisions actually make a difference to the story please?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stated in OP, Shanghai is called "The Whore of the Orient". Nothing to do with prostitutes and/or blow jobs. Come on people...

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
WAIT WAIT WAIT

Didn't Team Bondi bankrupt?

Indeed: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Team_Bondi

I wonder why they're still calling themselves "Team Bondi".

bottom of the article

KMM also acquired the rights to Brendan McNamara's next game, titled Whore of the Orient, which McNamara describes as “one of the great untold stories of the 20th Century”[52] Miller and Mitchell commented on this and another project, a game supporting the Mad Max sequel Fury Road, to which the remnants of Team Bondi may also be attached. According to Mitchell, '… With the government’s support we can immediately go forward with two games. Warner Bros is standing by, willing to do Fury Road; the incentive would bring it back here in a New York minute. It’s not immediately obvious but the potential in the video games sector is massive'.[51]

Basically a movie studio that retained most of Team Bondi's IPs and employees (although a fair number went to work at Rockstar) is exploiting the fame Team Bondi recieved from LA Noire.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WAIT WAIT WAIT

Didn't Team Bondi bankrupt?

Indeed: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Team_Bondi

I wonder why they're still calling themselves "Team Bondi".

bottom of the article

KMM also acquired the rights to Brendan McNamara's next game, titled Whore of the Orient, which McNamara describes as “one of the great untold stories of the 20th Century”[52] Miller and Mitchell commented on this and another project, a game supporting the Mad Max sequel Fury Road, to which the remnants of Team Bondi may also be attached. According to Mitchell, '… With the government’s support we can immediately go forward with two games. Warner Bros is standing by, willing to do Fury Road; the incentive would bring it back here in a New York minute. It’s not immediately obvious but the potential in the video games sector is massive'.[51]

Basically a movie studio that retained most of Team Bondi's IPs and employees (although a fair number went to work at Rockstar) is exploiting the fame Team Bondi recieved from LA Noire.
I read that, I was just saying that they're not Team Bondi anymore and they shouldn't call themselves like that. Just cheap fame-exploitation.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same question as Raulpica. I was under the impression that Team Bondi collapsed a while ago. EDIT: So it looks like the game's focus on corruption and greed is very appropriate.

Anyway, the game certainly looks interesting, but the title is a bit too wordy. Save on space and just rename it "Whorient".

Reactions: 1 person

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
As stated in OP, Shanghai is called "The Whore of the Orient". Nothing to do with prostitutes and/or blow jobs. Come on people...
"The most corrupt and decadent city on the planet, where anything can be had or done for the right price."
That's kinda' suggestive in itself... and it's one of the rumors about the actual city.
http://www.echinacities.com/shanghai/city-life/sin-city-is-shanghai-still-the-whore-of-the-orient.html

The word "whore" is used for a reason, it seems.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo