New Types in Pokemon Emerald

This Tutorial centres around the HMA Tool. (see HexManiacAdvance on GitHub)
I have been troubled a lot by this problem but now I can say definitively that I found an effective way to add new types to Pokemon Emerald.

1. When opening HMA on the top bar click "Utilities" and "Scripts" it will open a folder inside your pc called scripts
2. Drag and drop the "AddFairyType.hma" script into HMA after that a lot of stuff will begin to happen, don't panic
Great! Now you have a Fairy type (if you don't want the Fairy type edit it so it doesn't exist anymore (press the house icon on the top bar and type fairy))
Want more types just drag and drop the Fairy type script again (note that this will screw with the texture but its easily fixable
To edit the textures go to these hex addresses: DC4378 & E3D99C (They do tend to change)
3. Look up any type in on the home button go to fairy type and "add 1 New" now it will display the type Fairy~2 change all of that
4. The index should be one higher than a fairy in many if not all cases that should be 24
5. For type advantages go back to any pre-done type and click "Show Uses" and "other streams" click a few times when a new tab pops up
6. Fill in the "type chart" sorta its more like a type list (you don't have to add neutral when you don't fill out a certain type advantage it will just be normal"
This is most you will have to do to add new types if you want clarification just dm me I guess

Last edited by Naoufal_B,

Jerryguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm rather new to the world of Hex editing and HMA as well and I've gotten lost at step 5 while trying to add a Fairy and Sound type to Emerald version. When I click "Show Uses" "other streams" doesn't show up:
no other streams.png

Is there some other way to access the "type chart"? It doesn't show up when I type it in the home bar.

Also, when I was checking to see if the sprite I edited showed up in the game, this is what shows up:

type missing.JPG

These are what I have in HMA:
type in hma.JPG

sound index 24.JPG

sprites in hma2.JPG

sprites in hma.JPG

As far as I know, I didn't do anything separate from what your instructions said. My only guess is at step 2 when I added the script a second time, it added another type with a garbled sprite. The above image is what I edited the sprite to look like in HMA via the option in the image above that that says "Edit" (DC4378 only shows the sprites for Fire Red & E3D99C doesn't have any data under it). Is it possible I missed something while adding the Sound type?

Naoufal_B

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, I'm rather new to the world of Hex editing and HMA as well and I've gotten lost at step 5 while trying to add a Fairy and Sound type to Emerald version. When I click "Show Uses" "other streams" doesn't show up:
View attachment 338157

Is there some other way to access the "type chart"? It doesn't show up when I type it in the home bar.

Also, when I was checking to see if the sprite I edited showed up in the game, this is what shows up:

View attachment 338159

These are what I have in HMA:
View attachment 338160

View attachment 338164

View attachment 338163

View attachment 338162

As far as I know, I didn't do anything separate from what your instructions said. My only guess is at step 2 when I added the script a second time, it added another type with a garbled sprite. The above image is what I edited the sprite to look like in HMA via the option in the image above that that says "Edit" (DC4378 only shows the sprites for Fire Red & E3D99C doesn't have any data under it). Is it possible I missed something while adding the Sound type?
it might be because in the sound type script itself where you see "index" you should change that to 25 pointers or if that doesn't work just move up the list
Second, the place where it's supposed to say "other stream" is only type advantages which can also be found around 31ACE8 to 31AE38

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...