Hacking New Vita... Need just a little help.

Emankcin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After my old Vita became semi-bricked, and all attempted fixes failed, I just ponied up and bought a new pre-owned one. It was firmware 3.57, so I knew I could get back to Henkaku. It came with an 8 gig card, which I formatted. I updated to 3.60. I then installed Henkaku, then Vita Shell 1.9, and finally Enso 3.65. So, here are my questions:

I now have four Sony memory cards total. Three of those I was using on my previous Vita, and they all have older versions of Vita Shell. I also have 2 SD cards, also previously setup on Enso 3.60. First, the Sony cards. Because I don't know what caused my Vita to brick, and couldn't isolate a hardware issue, I suspect that I had caused an error in the programming when I was trying to run the gamesd.skprx plugin, probably improperly, and kept restarting the Vita while doing that. I was thinking about updating the old Vita to official firmware. My theory is that if the Henkaku firmware had somehow become corrupt, restoring it to official should correct it and make it work, right? And if it still doesn't, then it's more likely hardware failure that I couldn't locate? Or, might this not be true?

Anyway, I have games on all of those cards, including the 16 gig one that was in use when the old vita failed. If the failure was caused by a corrupted Henkaku, and I put that card into my new vita, would that put the new vita at risk? I can't format them and then reload them, because my computer refuses to connect to the vita via CMA. The only way that I can connect is through the FTP, or Vita shell USB. The only way that I could format is if I can get SD2Vita working on the new system. Which leads me to my second question.

I cannot find the correct gamesd.skprx file for Enso 3.65. Could somebody who's had success setting up their Vita with SD2vita, and uses both their memory card, and their SD card, please link me to the proper file and tutorial? If I did mess up my old vita by setting that up wrongly, I want to make sure that I get it right this time. On my old vita, under Henkaku 3.60, I could switch over to SD mode, and back to the memory card, simply by adding a hashtag to the code, or taking it away, and rebooting.

aytug25

Trophies
XP
Country
You can try switchSd2vita v1.3 vpk, it will put necessary files and config line, I'm using this program on 3.65 enso

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: AncientBoi hmmm one of my favorite positions lol