martinshell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HI, KEEP IT SHORT..got new wii black 4.3e, want to mod! will it work? wot version? and wot other stuff i need 2 know, dont want to brick so need safe hack ta ...
unsure.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Read stickies, man. Any wii can be modded. New wii's just won't accept backup discs, so you'll have to use a hard drive. And for the actual modding, you'll need either a retail version of Wheelie breakers or Lego Indiana Jones.
If you keep true to the instructions of an up to date guide, the wii won't brick. Still, it's best to start out by learning what your wii is made of (like: what's the difference between an IOS and a CIOS, and what the different firmwares actually DO), as most wii's tend to brick from stupidity.
After hacking it, it's best to install bootmii and priiloader as well: those 'll serve you as the backup tools you (hopefully) never need.

ps: this not irc. U in no rush 2 type short stuff.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
After hacking it, it's best to install bootmii and priiloader as well: those 'll serve you as the backup tools you (hopefully) never need.
Correction, Installing bootmii and making a nand backup is the first thing you should do before going any further in case something horrible happens. A NAND backup is the only thing that can save your wii if it ever becomes a full brick.

Just use ModMii and follow the generated guide EXACTLY as it states. DO NOT skip any steps.

youngrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
martinshell said:
HI, KEEP IT SHORT..got new wii black 4.3e, want to mod! will it work? wot version? and wot other stuff i need 2 know, dont want to brick so need safe hack ta ...
unsure.gif
also new wiis have a differet disc drive so they dont play burnt dvd's but everything else works just fine as any other wii would

martinshell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks 4 answering post guys,after reading more about this and getting a few reactions i just have 2 quistions? 1. is it true to say that4.3 firmware is not very stable with the hb chanand in this case can i drop to 4.1or 4.2 , 2. have tried to get indie game 4 hack,this game is selling4 mega bucks even used..no one renting it ,wot can be done??? thanks again and even a noob has to start from somewhere ..cheers

EmbraceFiction

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes;

I modded my friends red wii not long ago, and because it is brand new; it has the new wii drive. This stops the wii from playing any unknown dvd-r games, stopping the loaders from working.

No worries though, USB Loading is much better anyway.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
But other than that the Wii should work fine with most homebrew non-dvdx apps... actually the app may still work by using an sd or usb alternative....
I just did my parents new wii for xmas and it works like a charm.. I sistered a 500gb drive with about 200 gigs of backups and the rest was allotted for emus and media play.....

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would not advise downgrading any newer wii's i cant say for sure which ios but the newer wii's do no support some of the lower revisions IOS which will cause you wii to brick if you downgrade to low of a system menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8