NoneName

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello.
It’s been several months that I try to find a way to fix my Wii by looking for different tutorials on the Web but no change.
My Wii is in version 4.3E with BootMii in IOS and Priiloader.
My Wii has a Wi-Fi brick and a Banner brick, I can’t fix the Banner brick ; and today my Wii did not want to play discs: the disc animation starts, it stops, it is then marked "Please insert a disc" and then it starts again.
Should I take it to a repairman or buy a new one?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello.
It’s been several months that I try to find a way to fix my Wii by looking for different tutorials on the Web but no change.
My Wii has a Wi-Fi brick and a Banner brick, I can’t fix the Banner brick ; and today my Wii did not want to play discs: the disc animation starts, it stops, it is then marked "Please insert a disc" and then it starts again.
You need to fix both for if your BT&Wifi don't function so will signing or was it crypting fail.
since this means it will not being able to do the checks of signature it will not be able to sign either, and will in a few second tell the processor it got illigal instructions.
You need to fix the hardware befor you can fix the banner (if the HW is really defect).

Reactions: SylverReZ

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is a WiFi brick? Is the WiFi chip damaged? You will need a new one to start System Menu.

Please provide more information. Can you still access Priiloader and/or Homebrew Channel and/or BootMii? Does the Wii Remote connect to Priiloader or Homebrew Channel?

NoneName

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know what happened, I was able to use the internet normally but at some point the Wi-Fi doesn't work anymore.
Is it possible that the module was disconnected due to a shock?
What is a WiFi brick? Is the WiFi chip damaged? You will need a new one to start System Menu.

Please provide more information. Can you still access Priiloader and/or Homebrew Channel and/or BootMii? Does the Wii Remote connect to Priiloader or Homebrew Channel?
I can access all of them.
Post automatically merged:

My Wiimote connects well

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
Either the WiFi card is damaged or its because of your router's settings. Like XFlak said, the Wii cannot connect to newer WiFi security protocols so you'd need to change that yourself. Otherwise, if the card is damaged, then you will need to tear down the console and swap it out with a donor.

Banner bricks are easy to fix. Boot into Prilloader to your desired WAD manager, and uninstall the WAD that you had installed which caused the brick. It can also be down to using Bannerbomb, since it is incompatible with 4.3 System Menus.

NoneName

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Either the WiFi card is damaged or its because of your router's settings. Like XFlak said, the Wii cannot connect to newer WiFi security protocols so you'd need to change that yourself. Otherwise, if the card is damaged, then you will need to tear down the console and swap it out with a donor.

Banner bricks are easy to fix. Boot into Prilloader to your desired WAD manager, and uninstall the WAD that you had installed which caused the brick. It can also be down to using Bannerbomb, since it is incompatible with 4.3 System Menus.
I tried to uninstall all unofficial WADs but no effect. (I can start the system menu but when I start a string, the error message appears.)
And I never used Bannerbomb.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only physical modification is that it is hacked with a chip.
Maybe do remove the chip, since the only thing you're going to be playing your games on are from a USB flash drive. Overtime, the chips can go bad, and could make the drive not read discs anymore.

I also recommend updating your softmod as well. https://wii.guide

Deleted member 466238

Trophies
XP
I tried to uninstall all unofficial WADs but no effect. (I can start the system menu but when I start a string, the error message appears.)
And I never used Bannerbomb.
Does your Wii show an error message when you start any channel? If yes, it's probably the disc drive that's dead or isn't properly connected to the board. You mentioned that you have a modchip. That might also be the culprit.

NoneName

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does your Wii show an error message when you start any channel? If yes, it's probably the disc drive that's dead or isn't properly connected to the board. You mentioned that you have a modchip. That might also be the culprit.
Yes, but not in maintenance mode.

NoneName

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I managed to open it but I don’t know where the chip is.

My chip is a Wiikey 2 in a Wii-clip

I can't find any tutoriel to remove it.

17082818342863492080462989539331.jpg

Last edited by NoneName,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol