Gaming New Zelda Trailer - Scheduled 2015 Release Date

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the end of WW the original Hyrule gets permanently flooded instead of merely being hidden under the sea and they set sail, but I don't think anything is shown after them setting sail.
The scenes at the beginning and end of Phantom Hourglass (The non-dream parts) were Tetra and Link from Wind Waker looking for a new land. Spirit Tracks is 70ish years later in that land they called Hyrule

I'm referring to having to hold it UP. Like in front of your face, IE for targetting etc.
They let you turn the gyroscopics off, you know

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cel-shaded look still bugs me...
An option to have either real textures or cel-shaded textures is too much to ask? XD
Although I really loved Skyward Sword and it's art, I don't really find myself being too fond of cel-shaded art, I am seeing too much of it and it's getting on my nerves :/

i hated SS art style , i loved WW art style though , this looks alot better than SS style wise, but link looks too weaboo , he looks too japanime and feminine
and that weird arrow thing bothers me too, it looks out of place in a medieval setting it looks too high tech like it's electronic or alien technology or something rather than magical

i liked the original zelda tech demo that was shown better ,this does look great but a little too japanime FF for me

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i hated SS art style , i loved WW art style though , this looks alot better than SS style wise, but link looks too weaboo , he looks too japanime and feminine
and that weird arrow thing bothers me too, it look out of place in a medieval setting it looks to high tech like it's electronic or alien technology or something rather than magical

i liked the original zelda tech demo that was shown better ,this does look great but a little too japanime FF for me

Yeah I agree, and I seriously don't like Japanime at all.
Although, I still think SS Link was fine and the characters did had a good story and could grow fond with them.
For the bow I really don't find it bad, let's just wait and see what it is.
You could say the same about the beetle in SS :P

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I agree, and I seriously don't like Japanime at all.
Although, I still think SS Link was fine and the characters did had a good story and could grow fond with them.
For the bow I really don't find it bad, let's just wait and see what it is.
You could say the same about the beetle in SS :P

it wasnt the SS link that i minded so much, as it was everything else, the color scheme,lighting and other characters

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
True, but if they want to impress me, show me real game play. What we saw in that footage is no more than a series of quick-time events at best, and that is not what I expect out of Zelda. If it wasn't even a series of quick-time events, then that means it was 100% scripted footage of who we currently assume is the hero defeating a mid to end-game level enemy from start to finish, something I've never encountered in a Zelda game before. Either one is bad marks for me on this entry in the series already if you want to claim that it is gameplay.

I would much rather them claim that this is in-engine footage on the system than claiming actual gameplay.

It's in-engine, it's not gameplay. And what do you want, self awareness? Of course it's scripted.

It's a teaser trailer, to show a little bit of the game (how it looks, not how it plays or whatever) and get people interested.

You people expect too much from the first trailer of a game.

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's in-engine, it's not gameplay. And what do you want, self awareness? Of course it's scripted.

It's a teaser trailer, to show a little bit of the game (how it looks, not how it plays or whatever) and get people interested.

You people expect too much from the first trailer of a game.
I know its in-engine, I'm taking offense to the fact that Aonuma used the word gameplay to describe the trailer rather than what it actually is: scripted in-engine footage.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I know its in-engine, I'm taking offense to the fact that Aonuma used the word gameplay to describe the trailer rather than what it actually is: scripted in-engine footage.

Aonuma or the translator?

idk why you're making such a big fuss about this. Besides, what's so special about a guy running around in a horse evading lasers? Maybe it was gameplay, but of course they're using various camera angles to make it look more appealing. YOu can even do that in counter strike.

And the AI of course will have to be scripted.

Reactions: TyBlood13

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
your forgetting the n64 and wii didn't have the power to show a lot of enemies at once before. the wiiu (dispite what peeps think) DOES
You're almost making it sound like the N64 was a weak system that couldn't handle enemy A.I's in large quantities - it wasn't weak, it was poorly designed. :P If the PlayStation could populate large maps with enemies in games like Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver then I don't see why the N64 wouldn't be able to do the same. ;)

Subzero100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way this thing is coming out next year especially if they want to achieve what they were showing at e3. Also anyone that believes a game like this will be completed in a few months is insane, and you only have to look at Nintendo's track record with releases to see this. Pikmin 3 when was that supposed to be released again? oh the launch of the wiiu, and see how long it took for them to release it compared to the original date. The same thing happened with skyward sword which is the worst zelda ive played so far, and it doesn't even look like any work went into the actual game. The lesson here is don't believe the hype, but if what they showed at e3 comes out looking like that i would buy the system just for that one game.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You know, there's really one thing I want (other than the game itself being actually good, obviously) and that's Groose back. He was obviously meant as that one character who's a jerk at first then turns out nice later but I still love him. And if they manage to shoehorn reincarnations of Zelda, Link, Ganondorf, Impa and whatnot in every game, then why not Groose too? I know it probably won't happen but eh.

Ashen12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk