Hacking [NEWS] Atmosphere can now load HBL on all FW and Fusee to boot into OS soon*

• Thread starter Deleted-442439
  • Start date
  • Views 107,472
  • Replies 258
  • Likes 93

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Not if the copyright ran out. (Also pirating is piracy, never would have thought :rofl:)
Not if the copyright ran out? like what does that even mean? I'm pretty sure that rule doesn't apply on commercial products.
Also quoting only a part of my reply and using it out of context doesn't make you seem smarter.

Ohex4455

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not if the copyright ran out? like what does that even mean? I'm pretty sure that rule doesn't apply on commercial products.
Also quoting only a part of my reply and using it out of context doesn't make you seem smarter.
Not 100% sure, but I know this: "The legal term public domain refers to works whose exclusive intellectual property rights have expired, have been forfeited, have been expressly waived, or are inapplicable. For example, the works of Shakespeare and Beethoven, and most early silent films are in the public domain either by virtue of their having been created before copyright existed, or by their copyright term having expired" (From wikipedia)

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Copyrights expire 95 years from publication or 120 years from creation whichever is shorter. Then they become public domain. So, I doubt any of y'all are gonna be pirating games with expired copyrights.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ehm, no? PC games are in the same range? Those priates should be banned from here.

And I truly, truly hope piracy won't happen. The switch is a great console. I'm happy if I can run homebrew and emulators for systems, where I bought the game before. Linux is also great: To have the switch as a maintenance device for remote work is just awesome.

I am Sure you use piracy as Well even If you Just Play NES Roms etc :,P

So Far. Everyone Here in gbatemp IS mostly for piracy the only reason people dont Talk about is, cuz they are scared to be blamemed lol.

Even using CFW is already Piracy I think since you modify Copyright Material :D

Reactions: Assasin1990

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its less, but can just simply be extended to something like that, however countries have different laws, I have no clue if the US copyright works worldwide...

Anyway I still think its stupid some of the black and white gameboy games with like 4MB costing sometimes 10€ on nintendo eshop, 4 me thats stealing specially when nowadays theres just way better free games than most those 4MB ones lol

In the 90s here for around 20€ or less I could buy the big cartdridge with like 10 games all in colors to chose for those chinese consoles, I really liked the tank game that we needed to protect an eagle.
Even using CFW is already Piracy I think since you modify Copyright Material :D
Its against the consoles copyright hardware protection, but its not exactly piracy and its more in a gray area...

A lot of years back there was physical stores that sold pirated CD's like for PS1, they were all closed, however theres a lot of stores that do hardware modifications and they are open for a long time.

They also have big red notes all over the place stating that they mod the console for your only personal use and you can only play games you own or backups of your own games and you can't download games from internet or get your friends games and copy them... I guess thats why they are still open and laws here are kinda slow... It also state you can make your own games and run on the device...

Last edited by guily6669,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats different from console modding\tampering...

But its also the good thing on copyrights in terms of software, you can't use their assets, but you can clearly make the assets your self (as long as its not copyrighted assets too like brands of cars as that you also need permission) :)

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not quite that, but still pirating piracy roms from pirates, is not always illegal :yay:
Do you have any idea how dumb(sorry about the word) you sound?
Unless the pirates are the original creators of said products, Using a stolen/copied product still makes you a thief/pirate.
I didn't want to be in this conversation tbh, it's just odd when someone condones piracy and ironically uses pirated roms.

Ohex4455

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you have any idea how dumb(sorry about the word) you sound?
Unless the pirates are the original creators of said products, Using a stolen/copied product still makes you a thief/pirate.
I didn't want to be in this conversation tbh, it's just odd when someone condones piracy and ironically uses pirated roms.
Now we're getting personal, nice. However, I was A) Pointing out that I condemn piracy of new games B) Pointing out that I could copy all I want when the copyright runs out without being a pirat, and by the way C) As far as I know I'm allowed to make copies myself as a backup (in Germany)?, which doesn't make me a pirate? (Although the ways of obtaining a copy probably violate other agreements/licenses)

But I get your point.

Last edited by Ohex4455,

Raynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
C) As far as I know I'm allowed to make copies myself as a backup (in Germany)?, which doesn't make me a pirate? (Although the ways of obtaining a copy probably violate other agreements/licenses)

Thats a difficult topic here in Germany, because typical Germany. In short, if the Author/Creator of the software cant send you a backup, in some cases you are allowed to make a backup yourself, but you have to ask for permission AND let the Author get rid of any copy protection, you cant do that yourself.
But lets be real, that is basically impossible and even lawyers say, just do it (I asked).

Maybe I should call Nintendo and ask for a backup of my good old Pokemon Ruby game and see what happens :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram