Hacking News: New Stargate 3DS flashcart

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that CFW exists, but there is literally no rule or law that states that since it exists and can do what a flashcart can do, we have to install it if we want to use hacks. I have gotten a lot of crap from people just because I have a huge collection of flashcarts for my DS/3DS consoles. First off I would like to say that however we spend our money is our business, it doesn't make us stupid or whatever people like saying these days (I do charity though so don't start pulling that damn card on me). Just because it seems like a waste to you because you have and use fancy hacks doesn't mean it is a waste to the person paying for the product. We are all well aware of CFW, I myself have two consoles with CFW, but I still like using flashcarts. Yes CFW works wonders, but the experience of using CFW is not the same as a flashcart, I personally feel lucky to have flashcarts, it feels cool to stick something in my console, I love getting the thrill of opening the box with a flashcart sitting inside. Think of it like being a child opening a new game, it feels thrilling and exciting, CFW can do the same thing but it just isn't that thrilling. This is like saying it is a waste to buy the original games for say the Super Nintendo or Playstation when you can download the ROMs off the internet and emulate them on PC, this obviously doesn't provide the same experience nor any type of nostalgia.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Did you mean to put all those words in that order or did they just fall out like that?
OMG :rofl2:
I has to read it again just to be sure.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I understand that CFW exists, but there is literally no rule or law that states that since it exists and can do what a flashcart can do, we have to install it if we want to use hacks. I have gotten a lot of crap from people just because I have a huge collection of flashcarts for my DS/3DS consoles. First off I would like to say that however we spend our money is our business, it doesn't make us stupid or whatever people like saying these days (I do charity though so don't start pulling that damn card on me). Just because it seems like a waste to you because you have and use fancy hacks doesn't mean it is a waste to the person paying for the product. We are all well aware of CFW, I myself have two consoles with CFW, but I still like using flashcarts. Yes CFW works wonders, but the experience of using CFW is not the same as a flashcart, I personally feel lucky to have flashcarts, it feels cool to stick something in my console, I love getting the thrill of opening the box with a flashcart sitting inside. Think of it like being a child opening a new game, it feels thrilling and exciting, CFW can do the same thing but it just isn't that thrilling. This is like saying it is a waste to buy the original games for say the Super Nintendo or Playstation when you can download the ROMs off the internet and emulate them on PC, this obviously doesn't provide the same experience nor any type of nostalgia.
What the hell are you talking about?
Then why not just buy legit physical games, because the box for Stargate is very cheap, how it's thrilling to use a cart to play multiple games and have to press a button to switch the game and prey to god that button won't break if you press it many times, or to change to game number 20 on the list from 40 games, HOW IS THAT THRILLING?
pleas tell me?

Reactions: Quantumcat

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Then why not just buy legit physical games, because the box for Stargate is very cheap, how it's thrilling to use a cart to play multiple games and have to press a button to switch the game and prey to god that button won't break if you press it many times, or to change to game number 20 on the list from 40 games, HOW IS THAT THRILLING?
pleas tell me?
Because I collect flashcarts, I love messing with little gadgets, and I do buy physical carts as well.

Here is an image of what I have found in my garage (so far) or had on me (Stargate being my latest carts). I had more than this but still.
Flashcart_Collection.jpg

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Because I collect flashcarts, I love messing with little gadgets, and I do buy physical carts as well.

Here is an image of what I have found in my garage (so far) or had on me (Stargate being my latest carts). I had more than this but still.
Flashcart_Collection.jpg
Collecting carts is something, and colleccollecting Stargate carts s something else, the reason why we are shocked is finding someone bought several carts from them.
You could buy sky3ds better and cheaper then Stargate.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Collecting carts is something, and colleccollecting Stargate carts s something else, the reason why we are shocked is finding someone bought several carts from them.
You could buy sky3ds better and cheaper then Stargate.
First off how do you know I even paid for every single one? Second off you do know the price of the flashcart dropped down to $60-$70 now right. Here, this was taken right from the official Stargate 3DS website news post, "Our recommended retail price (MSRP) is now $64.95". It practically became the price of a DSTWO Plus now, I still see the Sky3DS+ with the price of $80-$85.

pleas tell me?
"prey to god that button won't break", yet you are recommending a flashcart that also has buttons at the top lol.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
"prey to god that button won't break", yet you are recommending a flashcart that also has buttons at the top lol.

I only recommend it because it run better then Stargate, and doesn't have issues with CFW, also you can find it cheaper in some places and maybe used because many people are ditching those carts.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only recommend it because it run better then Stargate, and doesn't have issues with CFW, also you can find it cheaper in some places and maybe used because many people are ditching those carts.
Uh both the Stargate 3DS and the Sky3DS+ run at the same speed. The Stargate 3DS actually switches to other 3DS games slightly faster than the Sky3DS+ and it can play DS games as well, though yes it cannot run on CFW devices on its own quite yet like the Sky3DS+ can. However there was a temporary fix for that dealing with Luma3DS so the flashcart can actually run on CFW consoles.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Uh both the Stargate 3DS and the Sky3DS+ run at the same speed. The Stargate 3DS actually switches to other 3DS games slightly faster than the Sky3DS+ and it can play DS games as well, though yes it cannot run on CFW devices on its own quite yet like the Sky3DS+ can. However there was a temporary fix for that dealing with Luma3DS so the flashcart can actually run on CFW consoles.
I'm not saying that people defending CFW is bad and people using flashcart is good, or vice versa but seriously I'd recommend you just ignore these kind of questions
happened all the time when people were asking "why would you do that?" and you give your answers and people keep asking "BUT WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?"

not saying bad to you @aos10 but it's just a matter of preference :) (albeit a weird one :D)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Honestly I feel like the best fix for that is just using different flashcart. I am not going to lie, the fact that they haven't updated past the first release should say a lot about the future for this cart. I actually don't enjoy bashing this cart and was actually slightly hoping the Gateway team would redeem themselves, but I am also realist.
Now I also personally collect flashcarts as well and I would actually buy this one and even a Gateway for my collection, but I can't justify the price. I would't really get much use out of them since I already have all the games I want on a 128GB microSD card. I won't oppose getting them for cheap or free, but I am pretty sure the Gateway team hate me as much as the R4i-SDHC team hates me.

Last edited by The Catboy,

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not saying that people defending CFW is bad and people using flashcart is good, or vice versa but seriously I'd recommend you just ignore these kind of questions
happened all the time when people were asking "why would you do that?" and you give your answers and people keep asking "BUT WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?"

not saying bad to you @aos10 but it's just a matter of preference :) (albeit a weird one :D)

Of course your point of view is respected. But one can only be logical to argue why people are still buying a "gadget" that costs about 60$ when they can do the thing without it.

undertherain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi.
I have to give a gift to a child of a friend who has Nintendo 2DS and he want to play Pokemon Sun and Moon.
The question is... I buy Sky3DS + or Stargate 3DS?
I don't understand if now Stargate 3DS is compatible with Pokemon Sun and Moon and Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
Thanks! ;)

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I have to give a gift to a child of a friend who has Nintendo 2DS and he want to play Pokemon Sun and Moon.
The question is... I buy Sky3DS + or Stargate 3DS?
I don't understand if now Stargate 3DS is compatible with Pokemon Sun and Moon and Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
Thanks! ;)
Pokemon Sun and Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are not compatible on the Stargate 3DS quite yet.

undertherain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pokemon Sun and Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are not compatible on the Stargate 3DS quite yet.
Do not they work right then?
So what would you recommend me, the Sky3DS +?
Last question: all new games are "3DS format", right?
To understand... it's not important that the Sky3DS + does not run the DS games because all new games are in 3ds format only, it's correct?
Thanks!

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not they work right then?
So what would you recommend me, the Sky3DS +?
Last question: all new games are "3DS format", right?
To understand... it's not important that the Sky3DS + does not run the DS games because all new games are in 3ds format only, it's correct?
Thanks!
The Stargate 3DS can play both 3DS and DS games. The Sky3DS+ however does not support any form of DS mode. In order to play 3DS games you need to make sure your 3DS games are in .3ds format. They have to be RAW dumps, not encrypted or decrypted dumps. Lastly neither flashcarts support games or applications in CIA format, so basically the only thing you can play are physical cartridge games/applications on the flashcarts.

undertherain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The Stargate 3DS can play both 3DS and DS games. The Sky3DS+ however does not support any form of DS mode. In order to play 3DS games you need to make sure your 3DS games are in .3ds format. They have to be RAW dumps, not encrypted or decrypted dumps. Lastly neither flashcarts support games or applications in CIA format, so basically the only thing you can play are physical cartridge games/applications on the flashcarts.
I'm not sure.
Please note that I would like a simple flashcard, I copy ROM on microSD and stop.
Then the child wants Pokemon Sun and Moon.
In short word, with some more money than the game I take the flashcard.
On sites where ROM is located it is easy to find 3DS RAW format which is good for Sky3DS +?
Please give me an advice... ;)

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure.
Please note that I would like a simple flashcard, I copy ROM on microSD and stop.
Then the child wants Pokemon Sun and Moon.
In short word, with some more money than the game I take the flashcard.
On sites where ROM is located it is easy to find 3DS RAW format which is good for Sky3DS +?
Please give me an advice... ;)
I personally do not know places to get 3DS ROMs as I do not use 3DS ROMs hosted from other people, I prefer dumping my own games with my 3DS and using my games on my flashcarts.

undertherain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I personally do not know places to get 3DS ROMs as I do not use 3DS ROMs hosted from other people, I prefer dumping my own games with my 3DS and using my games on my flashcarts.
Ok.
Can you tell me about compatibility with 3DS games then, the Sky3DS + or the new Stargate 3DS?
Stargate 3DS releases updates?
It scares me that it is not yet compatible with Pokemon Sun and Moon which is not a new game!

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.
Can you tell me about compatibility with 3DS games then, the Sky3DS + or the new Stargate 3DS?
Stargate 3DS releases updates?
It scares me that it is not yet compatible with Pokemon Sun and Moon which is not a new game!
I have no idea on what the Sky3DS+ can handle. The Stargate 3DS can handle most games just fine, some games require a CFW 3DS to run, others like Pokemon Sun/Moon/US/UM just don't work yet. There was a fix for the Stargate 3DS last month where you could use the cart on CFW devices without an issue.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All games are compatible on SKY3DS+. The latest protection (such as the on in the latest Pokémon games) is still not compatible with Stargate3DS.
And yes it's worrying that the latest AP is still not handled by the Stargate card especially considering it's a clone of the SKY3DS+ (for the 3DS part).

Reactions: undertherain

undertherain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All games are compatible on SKY3DS+. The latest protection (such as the on in the latest Pokémon games) is still not compatible with Stargate3DS.
And yes it's worrying that the latest AP is still not handled by the Stargate card especially considering it's a clone of the SKY3DS+ (for the 3DS part).
I agree!
So you advise me to buy the Sky3DS +?
It seems to me that Sky3DS + site has more firmware updates, unlike Stargate 3DS which still has only 1.0 firmware!
Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ayntec.com/products/odin2-mini