JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The statement says there was a "lack of business support" between two parties. That doesn't mean it was 100% EA's fault unless you're a magical EA insider.

You can't just shout "I'M PUBLISHING A GAME FOR THIS SYSTEM" and it happens with no issues. It's a business deal between console manufacturers and publishers. If things break down so does publishing the game.
So you are suggesting that Nintendo decided they didn't want a developer to publish a completed game when they really needed the business?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate companies that down play a next gen console when the console can actually run Frost Bite 3 or Cry Engine 3 or Unreal 4 all of which have been proven to run on the Wii U by other developers with no problems so drop dead EA!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you are suggesting that Nintendo decided they didn't want a developer to publish a completed game when they really needed the business?

I'm suggesting that it could be equal parts wrong on both sides and that saying "Oh it was all EA's fault" when you have not the slightest idea what really happened is an incredible jump with no justification other than "I think EA is bad."

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm suggesting that it could be equal parts wrong on both sides and that saying "Oh it was all EA's fault" when you have not the slightest idea what really happened is an incredible jump with no justification other than "I think EA is bad."
No, that's not what I'm saying.
  1. We know for a fact that Crysis 3 was completed for the Wii U.
  2. We know for a fact that there are business problems between EA and Nintendo.
  3. We know for a fact that EA is refusing to publish several titles for the Wii U.
Developers decided to make Crysis 3 for the Wii U, and either Nintendo or EA stopped it after all the work was done. Which is more likely:
A) Nintendo decided they didn't want a game published for the Wii U, even though they were struggling.
B) EA decided to repeat the pattern they've had for months and not publish a game for the Wii U.

Now option A is possible, but insanely unlikely.

Reactions: Ray Lewis
D

Deleted User

Iz k. Az lung axe I huv mareoh nun ten dough iz dumed butt nut reely aneemor. Mess afect pluss fps r fer peple hoo preteen two bee herdkare hoo neds tooo kell al dose geyes aneewneys. Wut r yu geyes? Sycopats? Wii Ned twoo pot ehvreewon hoo lik dos gems en streight shurts bcuz tay gna kil ehvreewon em eye rite? Lok at ahl dose skol shewtin ets cuz gam like cod an baishack! LOL! Onely gam lik mareoh n kerbee shed eggcist. Da wurled wud bee a behter pleyce.

NINTENDO4LYFE

Reactions: ggyo

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iz k. Az lung axe I huv mareoh nun ten dough iz dumed butt nut reely aneemor. Mess afect pluss fps r fer peple hoo preteen two bee herdkare hoo neds tooo kell al dose geyes aneewneys. Wut r yu geyes? Sycopats? Wii Ned twoo pot ehvreewon hoo lik dos gems en streight shurts bcuz tay gna kil ehvreewon em eye rite? Lok at ahl dose skol shewtin ets cuz gam like cod an baishack! LOL! Onely gam lik mareoh n kerbee shed eggcist. Da wurled wud bee a behter pleyce.

NINTENDO4LYFE

Hard-hitting satire or Narutofan's new rival? You decide!

Reactions: chavosaur

Lastly

Tempin' at the speed of sound
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NINTENDO4LYFE
Troll Translator (Original Text) -> Engrish -> English

Result form translate.google.com/trollTranslator
TrollerBrothers 1337-2013 - All Right Reserved

As long as I have Mario, nothing though is doom, but not really anymore. Mass Effect plus other FPS are for other people who pretend to be hardcore who needs to tell all those guys anyway. What are you guys? Sycophant? We need to put everyone who like those game in straight shirt, because they going to kill everyone, am I right? Look at those shooting at Schools, because it's game like COD and Bioshock! LOL! Only games like mario and Kirby should exist. The world would be a better place.

ggyo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't buy the "Frostbite3 engine not being able to run on the WiiU". The WiiU is stronger than the 360 and PS3... and yet those consoles are getting it? That just seems shady to me.
The WiiU is also using a CPU from 1997. The IBM Broadway PowerPC CPU debuted in 1997 and was used in the Gamecube, codenamed "Gekko". The same CPU was used in the Wii, but overclocked. The same CPU is being used in the WiiU, with two extra cores, more moderized, overclocked, etc., but still based on a CPU from 1997. That's closing in on two decades.

The CPU so nice they used it thrice.

I wondered if it's maybe for backwards compatibility reasons? I use to think Nintendo bought way too many of them off IBM in Gamecube days, expecting much higher sales, and ended up tossing it into the Wii to get rid of an otherwise useless investment.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

NINTENDO4LYFE

Jesus fucking christ that was a mess to read. I got up to Mess Afect then I gave up.

Reactions: tronic307

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NINTENDO4LYFE

Translation: "Random, nonsensical string of unintelligible remarks about video games and violence without mentioning that TV shows and movies can have the same effect but then what would be the fun of singling out video games what am I talking about I'm just an ordinary troll who can't spell a single English word worth crap 'kay thanks gotta-----"

Error: Troll_translator.exe has encountered an error from which it will never recover and is forced to close.

Error: Give_a_damn.exe has also encountered an error but will start up normally on the next restart.

You guys are silly. lol Don't hump Squirrels. Its not nice!:)
Why not? I do it all the time. Hasn't anyone told you about my deep, dark secrets?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, that's not what I'm saying.
  1. We know for a fact that Crysis 3 was completed for the Wii U.
  2. We know for a fact that there are business problems between EA and Nintendo.
  3. We know for a fact that EA is refusing to publish several titles for the Wii U.
Developers decided to make Crysis 3 for the Wii U, and either Nintendo or EA stopped it after all the work was done. Which is more likely:

A) Nintendo decided they didn't want a game published for the Wii U, even though they were struggling.
B) EA decided to repeat the pattern they've had for months and not publish a game for the Wii U.

Now option A is possible, but insanely unlikely.
It's not the developers who decide on working on a given platform but the parent company. If there was a working prototype that was practically ready for launch then it was a planned project, it had a budget and it was actively developed. This means that, surprise, surprise, EA dished out money for it but failed to strike a deal with Nintendo that would outweigh their own input so the project was cancelled to cut the losses. I think we're pointing at the wrong company here - Nintendo is notorious for being hard to work with or even get in touch with and EA isn't going to do them any favours - it's in Nintendo's business to secure titles for their struggling system, not EA's.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
So you think the game was finished and Nintendo said "No, we have plenty of games already."? It's far more logical that EA did the same thing they have been doing for months. They said no to releasing a Wii U version. Why should this time be any different?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So you think the game was finished and Nintendo said "No, we have plenty of games already."? It's far more logical that EA did the same thing they have been doing for months. They said no to releasing a Wii U version. Why should this time be any different?
It's far more logical that EA has better things to do than waste their money and they were likely met with ludicrous licensing terms they were unwilling to sign as they would not guarantee profit. In their current situation Nintendo, for all intents and purposes should secure such deals even at their own disadvantage because their console needs AAA titles right now. It would be a long-term investment in their system.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It's far more logical that EA has better things to do than waste their money and they were likely met with ludicrous licensing terms they were unwilling to sign as they would not guarantee profit. In their current situation Nintendo, for all intents and purposes should secure such deals even at their own disadvantage because their console needs AAA titles right now. It would be a long-term investment in their system.
But they lost money by their decision. They funded the Wii U version and didn't release it. The choices were, make money (or at least recover some of the money spent) by publishing the Wii U version, or just lose all the money. They chose "lose all the money" and you are telling me they made a profitable business decision.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol