GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
lukecop80 said:
sightlight said:
250? instant buy.. I think Sony is looking for the previews words rather than a "Nah..its too expensive bleh!" If 250 at launch...instant buy...
so $250 for a 3DS is way too much
but for a NGP its way cheap
WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE
the hardware on NGP is pretty much on godly levels compared to the 3DS
Which is why, I'm sure it won't be anywhere near the price of the 3DS. Nintendo always makes a profit off their systems. Sony may take a chance and take a hit on manufacturing costs. However, I think the profit losses will be too much to offer the NGP below 350. Hell, 350 would still possibly cause them to lose more than 50 dollars per unit. If they don't have a stellar launch line up they may be digging themselves and early grave.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argentum Vir said:
Which is why, I'm sure it won't be anywhere near the price of the 3DS. Nintendo always makes a profit off their systems. Sony may take a chance and take a hit on manufacturing costs. However, I think the profit losses will be too much to offer the NGP below 350. Hell, 350 would still possibly cause them to lose more than 50 dollars per unit. If they don't have a stellar launch line up they may be digging themselves and early grave.

Because you're an industry analyst that's able to pull magical pricing numbers off the top of your head.

Sure, it may look pricey, but to criticize the system on a wild and unsupported assumption is silly. It's like me saying "I won't buy the 3DS because I think it'll make my eyes bleed". Is that true? Certainly not. Could an uneducated fool think that? Yeah, probably.

So far criticisms I've seen for the NGP are pricing, battery life, and library.

You're right, there's no games for the NGP. Because the only one that's been announced is Uncharted, and that doesn't even have an official name. Again, baseless criticisms.

Pricing is still completely unknown. Odds are when he said it wouldn't cost $599, he was referencing the PS3 and how it was damn pricey at launch. Sony's smart enough to realize affordable consoles sell, they'll most likely try a more affordable handheld. Going "OH BUT IT'S SONY" is stupid. Maybe the Sony of 4-5 years ago, but not the Sony of today.

Battery life is the same as the PSP, which has the same average battery life as the 3DS. 4-5 hours of gaming on the NGP and 3DS. Good job.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
With the features this thing is packing, I can easily see a $350 MSRP. However for a handheld, I wouldn't go near one for that price.

Games need to have a good price as well, I never pay $60 for games, not worth it. Also it better be backwards compatible with PSP1 games or it's a no sale for me!

On a side note, does anyone else get confused when seeing the acronym 'NGP'? When I first saw the announcement I was like 'wtf that stands for Neo Geo Pocket'. Haha.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
With the features this thing is packing, I can easily see a $350 MSRP. However for a handheld, I wouldn't go near one for that price.

Games need to have a good price as well, I never pay $60 for games, not worth it. Also it better be backwards compatible with PSP1 games or it's a no sale for me!

On a side note, does anyone else get confused when seeing the acronym 'NGP'? When I first saw the announcement I was like 'wtf that stands for Neo Geo Pocket'. Haha.

I expect games will be $50 not $60

No UMD slot but if you have DD PSP games they will work

lol

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Battery life is one of my main points when buying a handheld, it should really be able to work at least 8 hours, preferable 10. 4-6 is just too less in my book, I would hate the fact that I would need to recharge it every few days. I'm not buying the 3DS or NGP until the battery life improves, probably when the next revision comes out.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Battery life is one of my main points when buying a handheld, it should really be able to work at least 8 hours, preferable 10. 4-6 is just too less in my book, I would hate the fact that I would need to recharge it every few days. I'm not buying the 3DS or NGP until the battery life improves, probably when the next revision comes out.

I guess your be waiting a long time(for the 3DS at least) no near future plans for a redesign from Nintendo.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
its really something else, graphically beats the 3ds but how many games will be good for the psp? will we have the same good/okay ratio of games btn the NGP and 3DS?
price, whoever likes it will buy it in the beginning though i cant see it competing for sales with the 3DS, i believe the ratio will be as with PSP/DS unless we see better games

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks great but i heard this comes out at end of 2011 by that time nintendo will have a new 3ds console

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BoxShot said:
3) Freaking powerful as hell making me think battery life will be utter crap.
5) 5 freaking inches. Not a handheld anymore.
3) No worse than the 3DS, going by the current information.
5) Since when are your hands so small you can't hold 5 inches? I think you're trying too hard to find fault.

Lightake said:
QUOTE said:
PSP2 games are PS3 compatible

Sorry for my English , does it mean it is possible to run ps3 games on PSP2 ?
Other way around.

chris888222 said:
No offence to those who are hyped but...
I just want to ask...

Do you find this a DSi copy?
frown.gif
Er...no?
wtf.gif

QUOTE(heartgold @ Jan 27 2011, 10:29 AM)
Technically If i were to play without 3D, 3DS can do beyond 8 hours even
lecture.gif
That's when playing DS games.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DigitalDeviant said:
Satangel said:

I guess your be waiting a long time(for the 3DS at least) no near future plans for a redesign from Nintendo.

It will definitely come, I bet in the next 2 years we'll see at least one revision of the 3DS or the NGP.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hankchill said:

It is backwards compatible, and no, it's not as confusing as you find it.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
So.. I watched a video in Youtube, [IGN FIX]
they said that sony's going to have 2 different versions of the ngp, one with 3g and 1 whithout...

edit: Here is it
edit2: and heres where they got it NGP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto