cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It wasn't incredible but I enjoyed it!
Surely... surely if they're considering remaking this, they'll remake SA 1/2 (please).

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This brings me back. I'm pretty sure Sega used RenderWare to alleviate some of the stress of multiplatform development, and it was a big deal at the time. By then, Sonic Adventure DX and 2 had made their way to the GameCube (Sorry, Sonic Shuffle never left the Dreamcast.), and fans wanted the next big Sonic game. Of course, people were clamoring for Sonic Adventure 3, but that never materialized.

I'd never scoff at a remake/remaster of a PS2-era game, though.

Kraken_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is the most unlikely thing ever, but imagine if they made sonic adventure 3 instead of remaking sonic heroes
I think Sonic 2006 was meant to be Sonic Adventure 3. It had exploration hub stages with mini-games, and 3 character paths. I think they did a last minute name change to not tarnish the legacy of the series after seeing how buggy and broken it was though.

• Wow
Reactions: cearp

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Zippo? As in, the lighter company? Very odd thing for them to predict.

1711636969605.png

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think Sonic 2006 was meant to be Sonic Adventure 3. It had exploration hub stages with mini-games, and 3 character paths. I think they did a last minute name change to not tarnish the legacy of the series after seeing how buggy and broken it was though.
I even remember such digital debate in Sonic Retro Forum however I don't remember of where it's right now.

You know Sonic Adventure 3 because of Sonic X Season 3 based on Metarex Saga.

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That generation was full of missteps, and Sonic '06 was definitely one of them. With Sonic being such a big property, I can't understand why Sega just said, "whatever, ship it!" Then again, Sega was starting to show some real lapses in judgement. Sonic Heroes didn't raise many flags, but Shadow the Hedgehog certainly did. I haven't played Sonic Unleashed or Sonic and the Black Knight, but I haven't heard encouraging things.

Sonic has always been a strange franchise to dissect. The Genesis games were solid, but the series has a real bumpy history after that point. For every Sonic Generations (hey, I liked it) or Sonic Mania, there's been a Sonic '06, Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis, etc.

Sonic R is a thousand times worse than Sonic Heroes.
You've spent too much time living in the city, and you need to feel the sunshine. It'll brighten up your day and take you back in time, I promise!

Don't forget, we have to keep it real.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
they picked the worst sonic to remake! :rofl2:
I dunno, Sonic Labyrinth is pretty bad... But most people think it's a game about speed, but it's not... It's an inertia game. Once people realize that, it's easier to play and understand.

I however would like a remake of Sonic Chaos, especially for the real Genesis hardware. I saw the PC port, but I don't care for it. It's ugly and everything is just... not right. Sonic Chaos is a different animal and needs to be remade with respect to the original. Nobody ever gets the sounds or graphics right for Sonic Chaos. It also has a little bit more floaty jumping physics than other titles.

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, Sonic Labyrinth is pretty bad... But most people think it's a game about speed, but it's not... It's an inertia game. Once people realize that, it's easier to play and understand.

I however would like a remake of Sonic Chaos, especially for the real Genesis hardware. I saw the PC port, but I don't care for it. It's ugly and everything is just... not right. Sonic Chaos is a different animal and needs to be remade with respect to the original. Nobody ever gets the sounds or graphics right for Sonic Chaos. It also has a little bit more floaty jumping physics than other titles.
Any of the Game Gear games would benefit from a remake, and I like the Genesis hardware idea. It'd help preserve the physics and 2D aesthetics.

I could never wrangle the hang gliders in Sonic 2, so that'd be high on my list for a re-do.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Any of the Game Gear games would benefit from a remake, and I like the Genesis hardware idea. It'd help preserve the physics and 2D aesthetics.

I could never wrangle the hang gliders in Sonic 2, so that'd be high on my list for a re-do.
The hang glider controls are just like controlling Mario on the SNES with his cape: Occasionally pull back to slow down and catch lift.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto