Translation Ni no Kuni Translation [ENG]

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
They're parallel worlds.
In this game, Ichi no Kuni (First World) is Oliver's world with the old US town, and Ni no Kuni (Second World) is the fantasy world with magic and monsters and all. There are even more parallel worlds mentioned, as the place where some sidequest monsters originate from (and a sidequest in the PS3 version even shows one, which is basically a small zone from Hotroit/Motorville with different NPCs).
Ichi no Kuni and Ni no Kuni have direct influence on each other, notably the fact that each living being has a soul-mate on the other side, sharing a soul with him. Meaning, if a certain someone is ill ("hollowed"/"brokenhearted", where he's missing some emotions), you need to find his soulmate on the other side who will probably have some problem, and fix him up. This implies that whenever someone dies, his soulmate does as well as long as their connection isn't severed... and then there are certain people without soul mates. Oliver's search for his dead mother soul mate is what sets the entire plot into motion.
Ni no Kuni humans were forbidden from visiting Ichi no Kuni because the technological shock was deemed dangerous, and it was restricted so that it's only possible to people who know magic. People who know magic in Ni no Kuni were persecuted by the big villain, and Ichi no Kuni folks don't know magic. How Oliver got to know magic while in Ichi no Kuni is a late-game plot point.

Umm, I understand but actually that means it's not the worlds that are connected, just the people on them.
I was thinking about "nexus" but i believe to view people know what it really means and actually i was thinking about what Nagato said about "don't know" what it means. Somehow i like "nectere" that means to bind in latin.
By the way, from your explaination, it seems that Oliver is on a useless quest but ok, i don't know how the connection between people can be severed (no i don't want know it now but it could be a hint to a name for the "worlds").

Reactions: GHANMI

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
pleonex or Zkarts or GHANMI or someone, do any of you know what {0D} is in the scripts on Google Drive?
It's a silly bug. The script exporter replaces the 'carriage return' char ('\r') by its ascii hex code 0x0D. You can safely remove it. It seems some Level5 developer used Windows to create the script :P

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Small update I guess: I translated the dialog for two quests leading up to being able to enter the palace.

Quest text isn't in the same place:
NPC dialogue (normal dialog): the files under Main Story, same ones as other NPC dialog
Sidequest objectives (special brown dialog): the files under Events/Subquest
Plot objectives: the file Main Quest

Nikhl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im pretty sure sony got some sort of licensing deal with the franchise as a whole, but that would be pretty sweet
i would pay 60 bucks for book and all

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not dead unless officially stated.
This project is usually halted very often due to translator leaving/changing/missing without life sign ... :(
next translator need to re-check everything to harmonize the style or make his own style and retranslate everything from the start, so it takes time.

I think the current status is "working on it very slowly"

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Good, now I don't feel like I'm missing out on a super secret backstory :P

Actually, you are.
DS game has stuff that doesn't appear in the PS3 version, like a whole continent. Not to mention the sidequests and battle system being vastly different.

No active translators atm, Nagato is busy with other stuff but really helped us with story translations more than anyone else.
If we can get the item list translated, we could have a version playable up to the meeting with the king (missing tutorials though, but that's a small price to pay). Probably a partial patch then. We can't do much anyways without active translators and since this is wrongfully perceived as a "lesser" version of a console game available in English (Rhythm Tengoku, Chocobo Dungeon, Slime Mori Mori GBA and Dragon Quest 7 are in a similar boat, in a sense) it simply doesn't garner enough interest.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just found out about this game, and from the stuff I saw so far, it seems pretty awesome! I really hope this project isn't dead, because I'd really like to play this! Good luck! :D

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there's a link to the current progress on the first post, which has latest edit date.
The "names and locations" is last changed on February 9th 2015
I didn't check other files as there are a lot of folders to browse.

edit:
no, there's nothing from 7 day ago on google drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol