• Views 19,392
  • Replies 205
  • Likes 12

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Don't expect anything. If Nintendo supposedly rejected Night Trap from the original developer, why would they suddenly allow it from Nicalis?
well they can probably just make a deal that they will publish more stuff on the switch lol who knows, there are manny deals we never know about behind closed courtains.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice analogy, but using something completely wrong as the base of it. A restaurant as you said needs ingredients etc. Here we are talking about a physical release that someone else manufactures (or pays you to - so you money even if they dont!) which means no lost money on a gamble of a meal gone wrong, so you have to toss the ingredients away. Same for server hosting etc, the digital downloads do not have a cost to 'make', so the retail price of it more than covers for this given you are not paying for packaging, distribution etc.

Anyway to each his own, i would prefer a platform to be more open to shit games, after all what me and you consider shit is different. And if you want to gauge success, the orders went live on Friday and people bought all copies in minutes. Yes, no zelda or mario beater but sales nonetheless.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, money that will get taken from the person doing the gamble of releasing the game. Not by nintendo. At the end of the day, if it does not sell, people will not release similar stuff. Think of it as testing the waters. Yes, nitendo is strict. This is what we are discussing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You seem to forget we are in the middle of a retro games hype? If in doubt, check how much does it cost to get the original on Sega CD or 3DO. Not sure about the States but here in the UK a 3do version will cost you £50+, if you are 'lucky' to find one. This obviously comes out right now, not because of any other reason but because of retro mania. Same reason why Wonder Boy got a re-release (ignoring the quality of the titles, the reason is the same). People are climbing on the gravy train, as long as it goes.
You can get the 3do version on eBay UK for 25 to 30 pounds on average in fact there is a buy it now copy at 25 pounds available right now. Which is in my opinion 25 pounds to much for that pile of shit lol.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again, when there is nothing to complain about, kids will still find something to complain about...

Shit game that no one would want to play gets rejected, let's be mad for no reason.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just grab it on PC.

PC version has many issues even after the latest patch. It definitely wasn't tested prior to release. It had a game ending bug. It would always soft lock at around 16 minutes. Along with a ton of other bugs. Many have been fixed with the first patch. The game is now able to be completed. However, I don't believe that theater mode unlocks properly. Scene of the Crime unlocks but the menu simply goes black when you try to start it. I wouldn't recommend playing it on PC until it's fixed. I don't think it will take too long though. The first patch came out a day after launch and fixed quite a few issues.

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
PC version has many issues even after the latest patch. It definitely wasn't tested prior to release. It had a game ending bug. It would always soft lock at around 16 minutes. Along with a ton of other bugs. Many have been fixed with the first patch. The game is now able to be completed. However, I don't believe that theater mode unlocks properly. Scene of the Crime unlocks but the menu simply goes black when you try to start it. I wouldn't recommend playing it on PC until it's fixed. I don't think it will take too long though. The first patch came out a day after launch and fixed quite a few issues.
Well that sucks. I never planned on getting this game in the first place, so more money for me.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Shit game that no one would want to play gets rejected, let's be mad for no reason.
You're missing the point entirely. People are criticising Nintendo for initially accepting the game, to only do a complete 180° and reject it only a few days later for seemingly no reason.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're missing the point entirely. People are criticising Nintendo for initially accepting the game, to only do a complete 180° and reject it only a few days later for seemingly no reason.
And we only have the word of the dev team that that happened and let's not forget it would not be the first time a dev has lied about something. Nintendo has not said a thing publicly about this. And there could be a verity of reasons why the game is not coming out on Switch. For all we know the dev team may never have planed to bring it out on the Switch and they just said that to hype up sales of the game on other systems devs will do anything to get attention for their games.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
And we only have the word of the dev team that that happened and let's not forget it would not be the first time a dev has lied about something. Nintendo has not said a thing publicly about this. And there could be a verity of reasons why the game is not coming out on Switch. For all we know the dev team may never have planed to bring it out on the Switch and they just said that to hype up sales of the game on other systems devs will do anything to get attention for their games.
Amazing that your first thought is to take the devs as liars. Of course Nintendo can do no wrong!

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Amazing that your first thought is to take the devs as liars. Of course Nintendo can do no wrong!
Amazing how you automatically think I am a Nintendo fanboy lol you clearly have not read a lot of my posts on this fine site.

1 question for you and that is why did they wait to a few days before the game came out to tell the world it was not coming out on switch when they knew this 3 days into developing the game?? Would they not have said alot sooner so as to try and get people interested in a switch version and to give nintendo time to change their mind??

Why did they not do that well it's simple they wanted to hype up sales of the game on other systems and get people talking about the game. What they did was get free publicity for themselves. And that makes them shady as hell and 1 good reason why we should not belive them until nintendo says something about this.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why did they not do that well it's simple they wanted to hype up sales of the game on other systems and get people talking about the game. What they did was get free publicity for themselves. And that makes them shady as hell and 1 good reason why we should not belive them until nintendo says something about this.
You have absolutely zero evidence for this claim. Obviously we shouldn't take what they're saying as gospel, but we have no reason to so strongly doubt what they're saying. That being said, we should withhold judgement one way or another until Nintendo actually comes forth to confirm or deny their story (if they ever do).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/LHRQRSxQa-k