TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As this relies on being seen in person more than any other type of effect, what Nintendo really needs to do is make sure people actually get to see it. Tethering dozens of 3DS units to hot chicks in an auditorium is a good start, but the average buyer needs to see this just as much as a writer or reviewer or whatever other industry insiders are at E3. Nintendo needs to start getting the 3DS out there, as its launch date approaches. There've been several times I've been walking through the Eaton Centre (large mall in the downtown core), and seen Wii booths set up for people to play. Nintendo has to do something similar for the 3DS, which actually allows them to experience it. That's the only way they'll ever really appreciate the effect.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, 2 more colours? (orange and purple) Still like blue the best, but its nice to have a choice.

Also... this may be a stupid idea, but if a company decided not to use the 3D feature, would they be able to achieve better graphics, because the 3DS wouldn't have to render the image twice? Than again 3D is the main feature of the 3DS

I'm definately going to get this at launch (if I have the money...) and I don't really mind the fact that the screens are different sizes.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
Also... this may be a stupid idea, but if a company decided not to use the 3D feature, would they be able to achieve better graphics, because the 3DS wouldn't have to render the image twice? Than again 3D is the main feature of the 3DS

I've thought about that as well, but after thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the 3D effect is tied in directly with the hardware, and that when rendering a scene, a single coordinate systems is split into 2 (one for each eye), and as the final image is rendered, each pixel for both coordinates are rendered at once (not unlike how the DS's 2 screens are synced, except rendered on the same screen). The 3D slider may just determine how separated the 2 coordinates become, from 0 to some set amount, though internally, the software can possibly make it's own offset to this, percentage-wise.

Of course, this is all just an assumption of mine, and is probably not correct by any means.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Analog stick looks oddly like the pandora's joy stick. Oh well.. I guess i can play Mario Kart ike what i am used to
tongue.gif

denieru7

Trophies
XP
Country
This looks amazing. Definately trying to get one at release.

I think all the arguments that it's stupid are null. All except the low resolution cameras... 0.3 MP? =S

Great work, Ninty
yaynds.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
denieru7 said:

I think all the arguments that it's stupid are null. All except the low resolution cameras... 0.3 MP? =S

Great work, Ninty
yaynds.gif
well I can understand. sent better cameras = more costly 3DS ...

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
I will definitely buy this on launch.
Most likely, I will even buy it on US launch, even though I am here in EU, because it will probably take ages for it to arrive here.
Does anyone know if it will be possible to pre-order it online? International shipping isn't necessary, I can use an US mail forwarder.

G

GentleFist

yea my wlan is wpa too, ofc i could change it but my ds isnt important enought for that^^

on the other hand my mobile has a program that makes it into a router so i have wifi internet access with wep everywhere anyway

but im happy too

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
denieru7 said:

Great work, Ninty
yaynds.gif

The resolution is still higher than the 3DS screens themselves, so it's more than enough to use for, say, an augmented reality shooter title, etc. What's important to remember about the cameras is that they're (mostly) meant to be used in conjunction with the 3DS, and there's not really much reason to give them specs that vastly exceed the resoultion of the 3DS itself.

What I'm really curious to know about the 3DS is whether or not it will share one of the DS's largest (IMO) limitations... essentially, the inability to render 3-D graphics on both screens at the same time. The DS has now been around for so long, and is so successful that we've mostly forgotten or learned to ignore that it can't render 3-D on both screens at once. The screens are equally capable of it, but it needs to switch between one and the other if they're going to do it.

Personally, I hope the 3DS drops this limitation. If it's capable of simultaneous 3-D rendering on both screens, that'll somewhat make up for the bottom screen's 4x3 measurements and lack of stereoscopic 3-D.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think know the DSi had a WPA/WPA2 support... Al you have to do is go to the advance settings..

Im like depressed since I might get one because of the price... Parents bought me a car so they won't buy me anything soon..

SIGH...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard this will support 3D movies, which is a huge plus. Now you can watch those awesome 3D movies without paying thousands for a TV. Sure it'll be small screen but it'll still work and be cool.

I have to say Nintendo has a great console on their hands. From a strong line-up in both first and third party titles as well as some great ideas, features, and specs, it looks to be a truly good DS successor.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
What I'm really curious to know about the 3DS is whether or not it will share one of the DS's largest (IMO) limitations... essentially, the inability to render 3-D graphics on both screens at the same time. The DS has now been around for so long, and is so successful that we've mostly forgotten or learned to ignore that it can't render 3-D on both screens at once. The screens are equally capable of it, but it needs to switch between one and the other if they're going to do it.

Yeah, the limitation of only one 3D core and not two like the 2D cores did lose some potential, but the hardware to gain that effect would have bumped the price somewhat. I do hope they have 2 3D cores this time, but they would obviously be different because the display capabilities of each screen are different.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
supervenice said:
Nintendo is developing a 3D Nintendogs
with cats and people!!!!!

De fuke?

A Nintendogs with adoptable CATS and adoptable people???? WTFFF

I still want flash on the 3DS.
yaynds.gif

NAO WHEN WILL THERE BE A :yay3ds: emoticon?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER