ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
mainLogo110728.png

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2011/110728_3.pdf

UPDATED Details at the frontpage : http://gbatemp.net/t303036-nintendo-3ds-wo...-nes-for-3ds-vc

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this one of those one day sale things? I don't see why it matters for 99% of the people here though. None of us are Japanese. :3 Also, Walmart apparently temporarily dropped the price of the 3DS to $198, about a 20% price drop. 3DS sales must really not be panning out to be dropping the price so early. I would kick myself if I was an early adopter if the price drops permanently any time soon.

ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Nathan Drake said:
Is this one of those one day sale things? I don't see why it matters for 99% of the people here though. None of us are Japanese. :3 Also, Walmart apparently temporarily dropped the price of the 3DS to $198, about a 20% price drop. 3DS sales must really not be panning out to be dropping the price so early. I would kick myself if I was an early adopter if the price drops permanently any time soon.

official price drop..

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Holy shat.

20 games for people that bought the console already, 10 of which cannot be normally bought.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, there are some GBA title previews at least. Unless that content equals out to $80 though, I would still be pissed about paying full price. I think they are trying to compete with the Vita though, just a little early. With the 3DS not doing so well currently, they want to really entice buyers before holiday season in anyway possible. I love the mention of first party titles coming out at years end in the Japanese notice.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
@NathanDrake:
Well, seeing as NES games are priced 5 dollars each on Wii Shop Channel, and I'd assume the GBA games are a bit more pricey, it's >100$

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
1. Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost.

2. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi's Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.
MY BODY IS SO REGGIE RIGHT NOW.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZaeZae64 said:
QUOTE said:
1. Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost.

2. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi's Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

I was PISSED. Then I saw this. 20 games for free. 10 of which ONLY WE WILL GET.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if when some people find out if they will think "DECISION TIME" seeing the GBA titles. The NES titles aren't really all that special (they're being released anyways), but the 10 GBA titles currently have no plans of being released to the public. Assuming those would normally be priced at $10 each (though I guess they can't be given a price being free with zero eshop value to begin with), you are technically getting a good deal for buying early in terms of goods.

Of course, those aren't exactly no name GBA games. I wouldn't plan on them being exclusive for too much longer about six months after they release. Nintendo knows where the money is.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
ZaeZae64 said:
QUOTE said:

I was PISSED. Then I saw this. 20 games for free. 10 of which ONLY WE WILL GET.
I was upset over the price drop as well.
But when I saw it on the page on Ninty's site I was so happy.
It's good to know they're finally doing something for Early Adopters

Also, 400th post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto