Gaming Nintendo and The Switch is a HUGE Disappointment!

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Muahuahuahuahuahuahua. As I sayd since nintendo create the first switch release video.
Let's face the truth. It's ps4 generation. The only console that made something unique this generation. And no, ps4 is in debt with us. They could do much more and better.

I think pc games will rule the game market in the next years. I was right about switch, and will be right again.

The only alternative is a console with a new imersive way of play. And I not saying only VR but a sword art online matrix experience.

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Muahuahuahuahuahuahua. As I sayd since nintendo create the first switch release video.
Let's face the truth. It's ps4 generation. The only console that made something unique this generation. And no, ps4 is in debt with us. They could do much more and better.

I think pc games will rule the game market in the next years. I was right about switch, and will be right again.

The only alternative is a console with a new imersive way of play. And I not saying only VR but a sword art online matrix experience.

I'll bite. I also own a PS4. Want exactly has it done? VR was around long before it so it can't be that.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Ironically it's the Switch being hacked so soon that made me stop playing it.

I know we have RCM but a part of me still has the 'stay low' mentality (I'm on 2.3 IIRC).

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
so, mario kart isn't exclusive. Kirby isn't a exclusive, we can now throw bayonetta in as a exclusive. Metriod, Pokemon, splatoon, zelda, xenoblade (mentioned) Donkey kong. All the sport's titles. So those aren't exclusives?
So ports are exclusive now? Whatever.
As I mentioned XC2 is a great game, and the only reason I got the Switch.
Bayonetta 3, Metroid 4, Pokemon let's go aren't even released yet. And not even mentioned on E3, that's why many people is so disappoined.

HOLD up.. did you just say... splatoon2 is the same as splatoon1.... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING!
And discussing about games, arms was a new ip, not quite fair to nickpick it. Golf Story got a lot of praise from people so it's likely good. Fast rmx is essentially f zero. Kirby star allies is better with friends. Then you got smash bros ultimate, which cannot be called a port like mk8 deluxe, because of all the large changes. Then I could bring up the wiiu ports, which I will bring up since the wiiu didn't reach a big audience. mk8, dkctf, Bayonetta 2.Now back to new non ports. Snipperclips is a interesting concept. And then of course, let's talk splatoon2. If it was the same as the wiiu version, why is every weapon changed? Why is there different mechanics than the first game? Why is there different weapon classes? Why does the switch version look far better than the wiiu version? Calling it the same as the wiiu version is ludicrious. By your logic I could go ahead and call Last of us 2 a port of Last of us 1 and is the exact same game.
I won't go into details, but just to let you know the difference between a new game and updated game, a new game offers new story, new music, new gameplay, new levels, that when I just look at it I should recognize it if it's part1 or part2.
An updated game is just the same old game with few changes, which didn't even cost half of the first game.
You have mentioned the last of us, the difference between 1 and 2 is huge, it's a new story, new characters, new ost, new voice actors, new graphics and even a new engine, it cost much money and time to finish this gem.
Do you seriously compare it to splatoon?

At the end it's not my fault that I own the Wiiu and played all those games that Nintendo ported to the Switch just because some others didn't play them on the Wiiu.
I brought the Switch to play new games, not 2 good games and the rest just ports or mobile games.

Have fun

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Nintendo's E3 event has passed, and all they had to show for it was a water downed fortnite port, and a Smash Bros. game that is probably going to be a port, more or less, of the Wii U version. By this fall, the Switch will have been out for almost 2 years now. Really, the only AAA title that is exclusive and worth playing on the switch is Mario Odyssey. BOTW is on the Wii U, and most of the other AAA titles are also on the PS4 as well. All the other games are garbage games that you can just as easily play on your phone!!! Come on Nintendo. Nintendo's days are going to be numbered if they think porting over all the popular games from PC, PS4, and phones are going to keep them alive. Nintendo's strengh has always been making games that are unique, and different from the typical stuff you find on the other mainstream platforms. 2 years in, and Nintendo only has a few games that it has made in house. Why Doesn't Nintendo make exclusive deals with Konami, and other game studios to bring back modern versions of games like Contra, Castlevania, Marble Madness, Rad Racer, Ikari Warriors, Star Fox, Adventure Island, etc... There were so many titles that were exclusive Nintendo titles back in the day that made the old consoles great. That defined a generation!! Titles that made nintendo who they are.

I'll have to admit that I bought a Switch recently because of the hacks that were released. Mario Odyssey is the only game I will probably play on it. Who knows when Metroid will ever be released. Otherwise, 99% of the other games available to the Switch I either already have on the PS4/Wii U, or they are garbage phone games from any phone's app store. I will probably be selling the Switch as soon as I'm done with Odyssey. I will sell it with the 1000's of other Switchs I saw on craigslist and Ebay, that also came with the only 2 or three games that are uniquely Nintendo, and worth playing.
If you don't want your low version switch wanna sell it to me? If you haven't updated to 3.0.1 yet!!!!!!!!!

@xpoverzion nah seriously please don't update to play Mario lol

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I won't go into details, but just to let you know the difference between a new game and updated game, a new game offers new story, new music, new gameplay, new levels, that when I just look at it I should recognize it if it's part1 or part2.
An updated game is just the same old game with few changes, which didn't even cost half of the first game.
You have mentioned the last of us, the difference between 1 and 2 is huge, it's a new story, new characters, new ost, new voice actors, new graphics and even a new engine, it cost much money and time to finish this gem.
Do you seriously compare it to splatoon?
Have fun
Splatoon 2 has a new story, new music, new weapons, new stages, new modes, new gear, better graphics.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what you're talking about. The Switch is the best console on the market right now. I have an Xbox and all I really play on it is FighterZ, (which is now coming to Switch) Grand Theft Auto V and all the backwards compatible games I like. It's not for lack of games, I just prefer the ones on the Switch, Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, soon to be Mario Tennis Aces, played the shit out of the demo. Nintendo's got my lifestyle covered, I can play it on the TV when I feel like it and lie on my bed and dick around on Splatoon if I feel like it. Gaming is accessible to me again, and I owe it to this console.

If it ain't for you, that's your gimmick. But c'mon, you can't call the Switch a bust just 'cause you're salty about E3.

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
He means this (Nov 2013)
God of war - 94
Uncharted 4 - 93
Bloodborne - 92
Shadow of the colossus remastered - 91
Horizon zero dawn - 89
Ratchet and clank - 85
Uncharted the lost legacy - 84
Yakuza 6 - 83
The last guardian - 82
Tearaway unfolded - 81
Gravity rush 2 - 80
Infamous second son - 80
Detroit become human - 79
Until dawn - 79
Everybody's golf - 78
Gran Turismo sport - 75 (Fan hate killed score, should be slightly higher maybe even low 80's depending on who you ask)
Infamous first light - 73
Killzone shadow fall - 73
Driveclub - 71 (launch killed score, should be mid 80's)
The order 1886 - 63 (launch took a hit to score, should be mid 70's)
Dead or alive extreme 3 - 43 (user score of 76, I would say mid 60's)
Ace combat 7
Spiderman
The last of us 2
Days gone
Medievil remastered
Yakuza kiwami 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Death Stranding

vs this (Mar 2017)
Super Mario Odyssey - 97 (Too high, should be 89-93)
Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom - 85
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 83
Kirby Star Allies - 73
Metroid Prime 4
Octopath Traveller
Pokemon Lets Go
Yoshi
Fire Emblem
Pokemon
Super Mario Party
Mario Tennis Aces
Super Smash Bros Ultimate

I have also removed shit games (knack, knack 2), shovelware (VR and Joycon based gimmicks), and remasters and re-releases that change nothing (all Wii U ports, and gravity rush and the last of us etc).
The depth and breadth of the PS4 lineup demolishes that of the Switch, it gets much much worse when you add in non-exclusives.
My main issue with the switch is that every time Nintendo have a successful console they flood it with gimmicks and shovelware and pander to the casual audience. it is only when they have their backs to the wall when we get GameCube libraries.

Edited to add meta scores, and to add fire emblem, and to add pokemon (which I personally dont think should be added yet).

Last edited by oxitran,
Reactions: xpoverzion

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He means this (Nov 2013)
Killzone shadow fall
Until dawn
Ratchet and clank
Uncharted 4
Uncharted the lost legacy
Driveclub
Gran Turismo sport
Ace combat 7
Horizon zero dawn
Shadow of the colossus remastered
Yakuza 6
God of war
Spiderman
The last of us 2
Days gone
Detroit become human
Medievil remastered
Yakuza kiwami 2
Bloodborne
Gravity rush 2
Dead or alive extreme 3
Everybody's golf
Infamous second son
Infamous first light
The last guardian
The order 1886
Tearaway unfolded
Ghost of Tsushima
Death Stranding

vs this (Mar 2017)
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Metroid Prime 4
Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom
Octopath Traveller
Pokemon Lets Go
Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi
Super Mario Party
Mario Tennis Aces
Super Smash Bros Ultimate

I have also removed shit games (knack, knack 2), shovelware (VR and Joycon based gimmicks), and remasters and re-releases that change nothing (all Wii U ports, and gravity rush and the last of us etc).
The depth and breadth of the PS4 lineup demolishes that of the Switch, it gets much much worse when you add in non-exclusives.
My main issue with the switch is that every time Nintendo have a successful console they flood it with gimmicks and shovelware and pander to the casual audience. it is only when they have their backs to the wall when we get GameCube libraries.

Although by your numbers Sony have managed 29 in 5 years vs Nintendo's 11 in 1 year! So I mean those numbers mean Nintendo will win.

Also, where's titles like Fire Emblem and the mainline Pokemon, because you're using future titles like Death Stranding so those should be in there too no?

And how come you get to use re-releases like Shadow of the Colossus for Sony but not MK8 Delux for Nintendo?

Last edited by Risingdawn,
Reactions: Deleted User

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
In this topic, people that bought the Wii U are complaining that they can get the same games again.

The Wii U was a massive failure. Yet it had some really great games. So of course they should bring them to the bigger mass that is the Switch.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Well, I was in love with my Switch in 2017, because I spent a lot of time on BotW and SMO and also gave XC2 a try. And while I think BotW and SMO are really great games, there is literally not a single other game out there or will be released in 2018 that I'm interested in. This is very disappointing.
Right from the point where I get my hands on the TX Pro, Switch will become my main emulator machine.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I think this E3 was great for the Switch, i'm looking forward to:
  • Pokemon Lets Go
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  • Trials Rising
  • Grim Fandango
Plus we have Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy arriving this month.

That's a nice variety of quality games from different genres.

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
Although by your numbers Sony have managed 29 in 5 years vs Nintendo's 11 in 1 year! So I mean those numbers mean Nintendo will win.

Also, where's titles like Fire Emblem and the mainline Pokemon, because you're using future titles like Death Stranding so those should be in there too no?

And how come you get to use re-releases like Shadow of the Colossus for Sony but not MK8 Delux for Nintendo?
We don't know if nintendo will keep up that pace.

ok add in fire emblem, but not pokemon because we havent seen it yet.

Because SOTC is a complete graphical overhaul with additions to gameplay, mario kart 8 deluxe is the wiiU game with the final DLC pack.

My point still stands that kirby, yoshi, mario tennis, and mario party, do not stand up to any title on the PS4 side in terms of quality.

Last edited by oxitran,

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure Nintendo will look at this thread, realize they've been wrong all along, and some random internet person had the magic to make them millions of dollars...

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We don't know if nintendo will keep up that pace.

ok add in fire emblem, but not pokemon because we havent seen it yet.

Because SOTC is a complete graphical overhaul with additions to gameplay, mario kart 8 deluxe is the wiiU game with the final DLC pack.

My point still stands that kirby, yoshi, mario tennis, and mario party, do not stand up to any title on the PS4 side in terms of quality.
Ah, but if they did then they could match that line-up in just over half the time.

And we know Pokemon is 100% coming, all we've seen of Death Stranding is basically CGI so it's all or nothing really, that game could well end up delayed to PS5.

Also you're judging the quality of games like Kirby, Yoshi etc without experiencing them first.

Lastly I'm fairly certain all the titles you just spoke about will stand up quite happily to Everybody's Golf, Infamous First Light, Medievil Remaster (also shouldn't be there by your logic), Killzone, Drive Club which are all mediocre at best.

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, but if they did then they could match that line-up in just over half the time.

And we know Pokemon is 100% coming, all we've seen of Death Stranding is basically CGI so it's all or nothing really, that game could well end up delayed to PS5.

Also you're judging the quality of games like Kirby, Yoshi etc without experiencing them first.

Lastly I'm fairly certain all the titles you just spoke about will stand up quite happily to Everybody's Golf, Infamous First Light, Medievil Remaster (also shouldn't be there by your logic), Killzone, Drive Club which are all mediocre at best.

The latest death stranding footage from e3 was in game, I would have said PS5 too before e3.

Because they are Kirby and yoshi games, they dont change much, bar airide.

If Medievil is taken off the list then so will Metroid prime 4. Actually, DOA X3 F is the worst game on that list for PS4, I would put it next to Mario party and tennis, Everybody's golf is slightly better. But killzone and infamous are great games, And driveclub is fantastic, its big flaw was its shoddy release.

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing missing was Metroid Prime 4 footage, but Nintendo does Directs throughout the year anyway. Not worried about that. Bayonetta 3 footage would've been good too, but both of these games are already confirmed.
they canceled Metroid 4 because Ridley straight up murdered Samus ;D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: