Gaming Nintendo and The Switch is a HUGE Disappointment!

xpoverzion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You bought it for the wrong reason... It's no wonder you aren't enjoying the Switch.
Yeah right! I bought the Switch to play games that are fun and Unique. Games that Nintendo used to be known for. I definitely haven't found that on the Switch. The portability of the Switch is definitely a secondary quality. Having inspiring games should be Nintendo's first priority. Otherwise, what are you going to do with the Switch? Play mostly games on the go that you could just as easily play on your phone??? I would call that redundancy;).

Reactions: suctions

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah right! I bought the Switch to play games that are fun and Unique. Games that Nintendo used to be known for. I definitely haven't found that on the Switch. The portability of the Switch is definitely a secondary quality. Having inspiring games should be Nintendo's first priority. Otherwise, what are you going to do with the Switch? Play mostly games on the go that you could just as easily play on your phone??? I would call that redundancy;).

I call this whole conversation redundancy. You don't like the Switch. Cool. You reset buying it if you even did. Cool so do I sometimes.

But you're just acting all everything about is bad and that's hilarious.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no offence but what did u smoked? crack?.........no good titles?.............Xeno 2 expansion.......Super Mario Party....Smash isnt a port..........where do i live?

xpoverzion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I call this whole conversation redundancy. You don't like the Switch. Cool. You reset buying it if you even did. Cool so do I sometimes.

But you're just acting all everything about is bad and that's hilarious.
All I'm saying is that it makes me sad to see that Nintendo is losing it's identity. Sure, there is one good thing about the Switch. Portability. That's it. But portability is useless if you only have a couple games worth playing on the system. Nintendo needs to clean the house, and start hiring better talent, and visionary game developers. Otherwise, they are going to be come just another commodity gaming platform in which they will surly lose that battle to PS4 and PC. The only way Nintendo survives is if they are prolific with releasing games that are exclusive, and unique to the Nintendo experience.

Nintendo reminds me a lot of Apple. Apple's peak was always when Steve Jobs was heading the company. Steve Jobs made apple into something that was unique, innovative, and different than all the other commodity crap out there. Now that Jobs is gone, in just a few years, apple is chasing everybody else, and competing more and more with the commodity market out there. Sad. Nintendo had it's peak for innovation and creativity in the 80's and 90's. Since the 2000's it has been all down hill for Nintendo as they have lost the plot, and are now spending most of their resources chasing the commodity crap out there. If you are not a big, mega, commodity company like Sony, LG, Microsoft, Samsung, etc, you will not survive making the same crap that they make. Apple, who still has a relatively small market share in most areas out there, will find this out for the second time in the company's history, and Nintendo is getting close to putting the nail in their own coffin as they chase the crap commodity companies.

Last edited by xpoverzion,

zak karpan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point, tell me what a port is and isn't. Sure the Zelda series may have the SOME of the same characters each time, but each is backed up with a different story, and a different game play experience. And the same goes for Pokemon, Mario, and a bunch of other games in their line up, that is what Nintendo is as a company. They have very decent games that bring back long time fans of the series, but also adopting new tactics of a new generation. The only real port that comes to my mind for the switch is MK8. I bought a switch and I only have a couple of games on it (the only one I actually loved was BOTW), but I bought the console so I could have it for when all the good games come out. As long as you enjoyed ONE game, I wouldn't call the switch a disappointment, I mean buying a console for one game (Which would be considered an exclusive) is what a lot of people actually do. The E3 presentation wasn't the greatest, but by saying the switch is a disappointment shows that you had your hopes way too high. I think most people buy Nintendo consoles just for the exclusive games, heck I have a gaming pc and the switch just sits on my desk collecting dust, but does that make it a disappointment? A disappointment that didn't live up to my expectations for a year? Oh come on man! Look to the future, the future is bright for the switch and you should expect this type of doing by Nintendo. I think about the memories that I've had playing mario kart and smash with friends, and times like those, hardly make any Nintendo consoles disappointing. If you bought the Switch as your only way to get games, then I'm not sure what you expected.

hollowtip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course they're going to be "watered down". It's a tablet, with a tablet processor.

Well, who exactly asked for a tablet that masquerades as a "console hybrid?" The minute I heard rumors that the system was a handheld that has the ability to connect to your TV, I was disappointed, as I knew hardware horsepower was being sacrificed for portability, and games would be ultimately less expansive and graphically inferior to anything that Sony or Microsoft offers for their third party titles. Whether you like it or not, Nintendo IS in competition with Microsoft and Sony, they just market to a younger demographic.

I was a launch buyer of the Nintendo Switch, as Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild (At least I thought so at the time for BOTW, even though it runs same as the Wii U port) were worth the price of admission for the console alone, but the console's library is not even close to the quality and originality of the PS4. The claim that, "No one bought the Wii U," isn't true for me and a lot of other gamers who want ORIGINAL releases and don't use (or rarely use) the tablets portability features.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah right! I bought the Switch to play games that are fun and Unique.
Just out of interest what games have you found on other platforms that tick your definition of 'fun and unique', will help us better gauge your point of view.

Having inspiring games should be Nintendo's first priority.
Same question, which games on other platforms have you found inspiring? It helps to add context and comparison, otherwise you just get butt hurt reactionary comments ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, who exactly asked for a tablet that masquerades as a "console hybrid?"
Everyone who owned a 3DS or a Vita! It's a bigger leap from both of those than say PS4 was from PS3.

Just because it doesn't interest you personally, does not make it an invalid argument I'm afraid. Millions of people have bought handhelds since before even Nintendo released their NES, and handhelds have been a massive seller ever since.

3DS was like what, 7 years old by Switch release, ofc people wanted a new handheld, and who wouldn't want their new handheld to be able to output 1080p on a tv! we've been dreaming of that since the crappy PSP tv out.

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of interest what games have you found on other platforms that tick your definition of 'fun and unique', will help us better gauge your point of view.

Same question, which games on other platforms have you found inspiring? It helps to add context and comparison, otherwise you just get butt hurt reactionary comments ;)

Everyone who owned a 3DS or a Vita! It's a bigger leap from both of those than say PS4 was from PS3.

Just because it doesn't interest you personally, does not make it an invalid argument I'm afraid. Millions of people have bought handhelds since before even Nintendo released their NES, and handhelds have been a massive seller ever since.

3DS was like what, 7 years old by Switch release, ofc people wanted a new handheld, and who wouldn't want their new handheld to be able to output 1080p on a tv! we've been dreaming of that since the crappy PSP tv out.

I object to parts of that. I would have rather had a better version of the 3DS with an even more portable design than TV out. That's what I hoped for personally.

And I got the Switch which isn't bad but I think would have been a better home console. In fact, I still hold out hope for a portable successor that is just a portable. I would buy it instantly.

But that's probably just me. XD

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For a 3ds successor I actually would've wanted another glasses free 3d dual screen handheld that slips into your pocket with better resolution and processing power instead of a tablet but that's just me : P

Dmafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i read this.......pls hit me with a rock

Done!
images.jpeg

Reactions: Purple_Heart

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I object to parts of that. I would have rather had a better version of the 3DS with an even more portable design than TV out. That's what I hoped for personally.

And I got the Switch which isn't bad but I think would have been a better home console. In fact, I still hold out hope for a portable successor that is just a portable. I would buy it instantly.

Oh hey we have the same interests :D

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

lol fair enough maybe everyone was a bit of a blanket generalisation.

But my point was that handheld players would have been wanting a new handheld to replace 3DS, to counter his point that nobody is interested in new handhelds. Which is definitely not the case, I and many people prefer handheld gaming over console gaming.

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hey we have the same interests :D

Apparently so. Good to know I'm not alone.

lol fair enough maybe everyone was a bit of a blanket generalisation.

But my point was that handheld players would have been wanting a new handheld to replace 3DS, to counter his point that nobody is interested in new handhelds. Which is definitely not the case, I and many people prefer handheld gaming over console gaming.

Absolutely agree. I prefer handheld as well because in my free time I like to multitask and pretend to be presented at work functions and stuff.

Reactions: Risingdawn
D

Deleted User

Big mistake to come here to website full of Nintendo's fans and talk shit about Nintendo.
I'm with you the Switch doesn't have much to offer except for Mario Odyssey, but did you forgot about Xenoblade 2? i personally brought the Switch just for that game.

Everything else you have mentioned about Nintendo's ports from the WiiU or some garbage games like mobile game are true, until suggest Nintendo to make a deal with Konami, seriously? is that the best company to come to your mind? i don't want want shit from Konami anymore after what they did to Castlevania, Metal Gear and Silent Hill.

Everyone keep saying the Switch have more exclusive, now i wonder where they are.
or do you mean the crappy games from eShop.
so, mario kart isn't exclusive. Kirby isn't a exclusive, we can now throw bayonetta in as a exclusive. Metriod, Pokemon, splatoon, zelda, xenoblade (mentioned) Donkey kong. All the sport's titles. So those aren't exclusives?

-Super Mario Odyssey - Yes its good
-1-2 Switch - Do you seriously count it as a game?
-Arms - Boring
-Kamiko - eShop garbage
-Splatoon 2 - same as Splatoon on the WiiU nothing new
-Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle - It's ok
-Snipperclips - Fun but again there are tons of free Puzzle games on the internet
-Golf Story - not my thing
-Fast RMX - Tons of racing games better than this
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Yesp, it's great, best game ever.
-Kirby Star Allies - fun but not worth the money
-Labo 1/2 - really?
-Mario Tennis Aces - not a fan
-Picross S - eShop garbage
-Octopath Traveler - i will have to admit, it's going to be a bomb.

so from your list, only 3 games worth it, not every garbage is a game.
HOLD up.. did you just say... splatoon2 is the same as splatoon1.... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING!
And discussing about games, arms was a new ip, not quite fair to nickpick it. Golf Story got a lot of praise from people so it's likely good. Fast rmx is essentially f zero. Kirby star allies is better with friends. Then you got smash bros ultimate, which cannot be called a port like mk8 deluxe, because of all the large changes. Then I could bring up the wiiu ports, which I will bring up since the wiiu didn't reach a big audience. mk8, dkctf, Bayonetta 2.Now back to new non ports. Snipperclips is a interesting concept. And then of course, let's talk splatoon2. If it was the same as the wiiu version, why is every weapon changed? Why is there different mechanics than the first game? Why is there different weapon classes? Why does the switch version look far better than the wiiu version? Calling it the same as the wiiu version is ludicrious. By your logic I could go ahead and call Last of us 2 a port of Last of us 1 and is the exact same game.

Last edited by ,

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely agree. I prefer handheld as well because in my free time I like to multitask and pretend to be presented at work functions and stuff.
Yeah, I mean even as a kid I loved my Gameboy for playing in cars and stuff. But as an actual adult with a life I just don't have time to be locked to a TV anymore, kids or missus always using it, time to play games significantly lower than my formative years.

For me Switch let's me play for 7mins, sleep it to do what I have to and wake it up and instantly to continue where I left off. Then for those epic RPG games when I do actually have some time I get to play them on a TV for full effect as well.

The library as well caters to both perfectly, there's quick session games, epic TV games, local multiplayer like you simply don't get these days anywhere else and games like Mario or Zelda that cater to that hybrid nature perfectly; got 5mins, do a shrine or grab a moon, got 5hours, binge away.

Switch just ticks all my quality of life boxes perfectly, I can empathise with people that don't have an interest in handhelds but I can't agree with people that discount those that do simply to prove themselves correct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with...