Nintendo Direct - September 14, 2023 - Princess Peach: Showtime gets new trailer, Mario vs D.K. remake announced

Ready to check in on what Nintendo has in store for the rest of the year? Amidst rumors and teases, the latest Nintendo Direct is here to bring all sorts of news, which we'll be covering. The event kicks off at 7 am PT/9 am CT. Join us here when it starts to see all the reveals as they're announced.

Here we go. Splatoon leads off the Direct. This is the Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass, Side Order. It takes place in the Spire of Order, a single player DLC with lots of replayability. Spring 2024.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong is back. This is a remake of the original, which adds local coop as well. February 16th.

Prince of Persia - The Last Crown gets a new trailer, showing off its 2.5D sidescroller gameplay. January 18th.

Horizon Chase 2 is a 3D racer. Couch coop or online multiplayer available. Launches today.

Super Crazy Rhythm Castle is a music game. There's 30 tracks, some of which come from Konami franchises. November 14th.

SpyxAnya: Operation Memories is an anime game based on the popular series. Launches next year.

Super Mario RPG's remake gets an overview trailer. Action commands are back, with a gauge that charges up. Once it's full you can use an ultimate 3-character super attack. Once you beat the game, you can refight bosses. Releases November 17th.

Trace Memory is getting a remake, under the name Another Code: Two Memories. It's a point and click adventure game from the Nintendo DS. The sequel is also included, which never saw a western release originally. Another Code Recollection launches January 19th.

The Princess Peach game is next. You play as Peach, who can transform into different forms, including Swordfighter Peach and Detective Peach, each of which changes the gameplay. It's called Princess Peach: Showtime, releases March 22.

SaGa gets a new entry. SaGa: Emerald Beyond, which has 6 protagonists to play as. There's lots of paths for the story to take. It's a turn-based game. It'll be out sometime next year.

Lara Croft makes her return in Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Collection. With improved visuals, or the original look. Launches February 14th. Includes secret levels and expansions.

Detective Pikachu is here. Growlithe, Darmanitan, and Luxray will help Pikachu figure out a mystery. October 6th.

Trombone Champ is another rhythm game, where you can intentionally play the trombone very poorly. It has motion controls, too. There's 50 songs from all sorts of genres, and local co-op. It's out today.

10 teams of 3 fight in a new battle royale called Battle Crush. It's free to play, with a release next Spring.

Wartales is a new tactical RPG. 4 player online coop. It's a timed Switch exclusive, launching later today.

Contra: Operation Galuga is a reimagining of the original game. It comes from Wayforward.

Liberate a kingdom by creating your own army, and recruiting all sorts of characters. Atlus and Vanillaware bring Unicorn Overlord, launching March 8. Tactical RPG.

Luigi's Mansion 2: HD is real.

Nintendo is opening a museum in Japan.

Noah, Mio, Zelda, and Ganon are all getting amiibos. Sora is also getting his amiibo, finally. 2024 release.

F-Zero is back in the form of F-Zero 99. Complete goals to unlock new cosmetics. It's exclusive for NSO members, and launches later today.

Bandle Tale: A League of Legends Story is a sprite-based crafting game. There's quests, fishing, and exploration. Launches 2024.

Song of Nunu: A League of Legends Story is out this November.

A new Wario Ware game based on motion control minigames. Over 200 micro games. Wario Ware: Move It launches November 3rd.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is out April 23rd.

Eastward is getting an expansion this holiday.

Wargroove 2 is coming. There's a new faction, supercharged commander moves, and a roguelike mode. You can even make your own campaign. It's a Switch console exclusive.

Dave the Diver has you catch fish at day, and then turn them into sushi. Customers will ask for fish, and you need to prepare it for them. Launches October 26th.

The final Mario Kart 8 Booster Course DLC is here. Peachette, Diddy Kong, Pauline, and Funky Kong are all playable.

Among Us is getting a new map. The Fungle.

The last announcement is Paper Mario. Thousand Year Door is getting remastered. 2024.

MightySashiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Finally, A new Shiren game was shown in the Japanese direct, launching on January 25th 2024!
Stream with timestamp:

Why do Nintendo keynotes always look and feel like something midway between a status report to shareholders and a pitch to parents about the safest bet commodities they can buy to have their kids shut up and behave like drones without having to put any interest and energy into deciding? It feels strangely completely devoid of any videogame passion. (I'm quite new in the Nintendo world)

Reactions: VinsCool

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the write up Chary, you’re the man! well… you know what I mean

Shirt for @Chary lol
1694708068815.png

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The arranged Contra music did bring a smile to my face. Not quite the direction I would have expected, but I do enjoy a good orchestral remix.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Great i never owned physical of paper mario thosand year door, it cost a a leg and an arm, i will finally be able to get it now.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fuck, that TR I-III Remaster came outta nowhere.. please tell me the gameplay & character movement is improved and this remaster isn't just a new coat of paint?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly the best thing in this Direct was the surprise extra 2 characters in MK8 for me. Everyone wanted Diddy, half of us wanted Pauline, the other half wanted Funky, and barely anybody wanted Peachette. We all win here, and I’m finally satisfied with the MK8 roster after nearly 10 years of disappointment. The Peach game looks interesting, and I liked the one on DS, so I’ll maybe give it a go. Legend of the Seven Stars and The Thousand Year Door are both excellent Mario RPGs, but I don’t have the money to buy remakes of games I already have. Same with Luigi’s Mansion 2 and Mario v DK. Side Order looks cool but I still don’t have Splatoon 3 yet. I might wait until the DLC fully comes out to get it since that’s what I did with 2.
All in all I think this Direct was average. Nothing too crazy, but not a boring slogfest filled with “and now here’s ANOTHER anime farming sim”. Wasn’t really expecting much more out of this one since we are so late into the Switch’s life.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Like what you like, I guess… but this direct really wasn’t good by any possible standard.. F Zero gets the worst treatment it possibly can. TTYD remake is… fine…. But is it really necessary? Everything else isn’t worth mentioning.

Reactions: Xzi

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The only two things here that I really care about are Luigi's Mansion 2 HD and Detective Pikachu 2; the rest...MEH.

What's the next Legend of Zelda game going to be, huh? Hopefully it's Majora's Mask 3D ported over, or Twilight Princess/The Wind Waker HD; I'd even take Ocarina of Time, or A Link Between Worlds, or A Link to the Past. The Oracle duo remake.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After they port/remake all the console Zeldas, I hope they do the same for the handheld ones. Phantom Spirit Trains/Hourglass is still one of my favorite games.

hybori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not really surprising no one remembers Another Code/trace memory but wow thought more people would've talk about being excited for those games by now. I wonder if Nintendo can revive Hotel Dusk too? Maybe they're using A.C to test it out first

_TheGuy_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bingo card had another remake/remaster by Nintendy, and ofc there's another one. The biggest sin here is charging $50 for a short GBA puzzle game from 2004. I thought Metroid Prime Remastered raised the bar on quality to price ratio, Nintendo? What the hell is even this.

Paper Mario was the saving grace of this Direct, but even that alone wasn't able to rescue the Direct from being painfully mid. Perhaps worse if Mario isn't your cup of tea like me. Just call it a Mario Direct and save me the time from watching it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?