Nintendo Direct - September 14, 2023 - Princess Peach: Showtime gets new trailer, Mario vs D.K. remake announced

Ready to check in on what Nintendo has in store for the rest of the year? Amidst rumors and teases, the latest Nintendo Direct is here to bring all sorts of news, which we'll be covering. The event kicks off at 7 am PT/9 am CT. Join us here when it starts to see all the reveals as they're announced.

Here we go. Splatoon leads off the Direct. This is the Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass, Side Order. It takes place in the Spire of Order, a single player DLC with lots of replayability. Spring 2024.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong is back. This is a remake of the original, which adds local coop as well. February 16th.

Prince of Persia - The Last Crown gets a new trailer, showing off its 2.5D sidescroller gameplay. January 18th.

Horizon Chase 2 is a 3D racer. Couch coop or online multiplayer available. Launches today.

Super Crazy Rhythm Castle is a music game. There's 30 tracks, some of which come from Konami franchises. November 14th.

SpyxAnya: Operation Memories is an anime game based on the popular series. Launches next year.

Super Mario RPG's remake gets an overview trailer. Action commands are back, with a gauge that charges up. Once it's full you can use an ultimate 3-character super attack. Once you beat the game, you can refight bosses. Releases November 17th.

Trace Memory is getting a remake, under the name Another Code: Two Memories. It's a point and click adventure game from the Nintendo DS. The sequel is also included, which never saw a western release originally. Another Code Recollection launches January 19th.

The Princess Peach game is next. You play as Peach, who can transform into different forms, including Swordfighter Peach and Detective Peach, each of which changes the gameplay. It's called Princess Peach: Showtime, releases March 22.

SaGa gets a new entry. SaGa: Emerald Beyond, which has 6 protagonists to play as. There's lots of paths for the story to take. It's a turn-based game. It'll be out sometime next year.

Lara Croft makes her return in Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Collection. With improved visuals, or the original look. Launches February 14th. Includes secret levels and expansions.

Detective Pikachu is here. Growlithe, Darmanitan, and Luxray will help Pikachu figure out a mystery. October 6th.

Trombone Champ is another rhythm game, where you can intentionally play the trombone very poorly. It has motion controls, too. There's 50 songs from all sorts of genres, and local co-op. It's out today.

10 teams of 3 fight in a new battle royale called Battle Crush. It's free to play, with a release next Spring.

Wartales is a new tactical RPG. 4 player online coop. It's a timed Switch exclusive, launching later today.

Contra: Operation Galuga is a reimagining of the original game. It comes from Wayforward.

Liberate a kingdom by creating your own army, and recruiting all sorts of characters. Atlus and Vanillaware bring Unicorn Overlord, launching March 8. Tactical RPG.

Luigi's Mansion 2: HD is real.

Nintendo is opening a museum in Japan.

Noah, Mio, Zelda, and Ganon are all getting amiibos. Sora is also getting his amiibo, finally. 2024 release.

F-Zero is back in the form of F-Zero 99. Complete goals to unlock new cosmetics. It's exclusive for NSO members, and launches later today.

Bandle Tale: A League of Legends Story is a sprite-based crafting game. There's quests, fishing, and exploration. Launches 2024.

Song of Nunu: A League of Legends Story is out this November.

A new Wario Ware game based on motion control minigames. Over 200 micro games. Wario Ware: Move It launches November 3rd.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is out April 23rd.

Eastward is getting an expansion this holiday.

Wargroove 2 is coming. There's a new faction, supercharged commander moves, and a roguelike mode. You can even make your own campaign. It's a Switch console exclusive.

Dave the Diver has you catch fish at day, and then turn them into sushi. Customers will ask for fish, and you need to prepare it for them. Launches October 26th.

The final Mario Kart 8 Booster Course DLC is here. Peachette, Diddy Kong, Pauline, and Funky Kong are all playable.

Among Us is getting a new map. The Fungle.

The last announcement is Paper Mario. Thousand Year Door is getting remastered. 2024.

ChronosNotashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing I'm the only one excited for Side Order?
No, I'm pretty excited for it myself, too. Though given the site we're on, not surprised only 2-3 of us care about it.

As for F-Zero 99, I'll also admit it's a little underwhelming, but let's be fair objectively: it's been 19-20 years since the last F-Zero game released, and sales were already declining by the point of GX onward (GP Legend didn't even sell half the copies GX did, and the Japan-exclusive Climax sold ABYSMALLY LESS THAN THAT). Didn't help that, based on some of the research I did, North America and Europe pretty much carried the bulk of sales of at least GX and GP Legend, so there was barely any interest remaining in Nintendo's home country to begin with.

This could be Nintendo "testing the waters" to see if there's even any significant interest in F-Zero left before putting any commitment towards a proper full game (similar to Samus Returns more or less being the same for Metroid after Other M and Federation Force muddied those waters). After all, no point taking another huge crack at F-Zero if, despite the constant demands for a new F-Zero game, barely anyone actually buys and plays the newest title, compared to if Nintendo just went ahead and released yet another Mario Kart game.

Reactions: Wavy

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has some interesting titles I'll probably... look elsewhere for. I mean, I'd probably get the Nintendo exclusives, but... well, here goes:

Mario VS. Donkey Kong looks cool. However, wasn't it on another early Nintendo platform? GBA, I think?

Splatoon 3. I still don't know what was wrong with Splatoon 2. It's interesting that it's getting this DLC though.

We already had stuff about Super Mario RPG. Why do they need to run it over again? All that was needed to be announced was the launch date.

ANOTHER PEACH GAME? Didn't the last one they tried do mediocre compared to other titles? I don't need a stupid Disney Princess clone. :hateit:

Detective Pikachu. Again. (groans loudly)

Trombone Champ might be kinda fun... says the guy who invested in rhythm games in times past. 😏

Isn't Luigi's Mansion 2 HD basically a redoing of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon? I still have the 3DS title, and I thought that was a good title. Why not just keep the title? :unsure:

Great, another Nintendo building you'd have to spend thousands of dollars to go and visit. Face it, Nintendo - Kyoto isn't where it's at. Have you considered Redmond? EVER?

I have to say, Nintendo is fearlessly dishing out those amiibos. You gotta admire their determination to keep toys-to-life alive, in some form or other.

Do we need another 99 player showdown title? Didn't the others suck enough?

WarioWare is hard. And Crude. And Hard. And not my favorite series Nintendo makes - did I mention that it's hard?

Mario Kart 8 Booster pack is just another attempt at making NSO seem cool. Even though it isn't.

Thousand Year Door is something I would actually try and buy, simply because I don't own the original game.

IMO, the rest is crap. Lose it.

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F-Zero fans rolling in their graves after this direct. At least the best Mario vs. Donkey Kong is getting remade!

Deleted member 672055

Trophies
XP
This has some interesting titles I'll probably... look elsewhere for. I mean, I'd probably get the Nintendo exclusives, but... well, here goes:

Mario VS. Donkey Kong looks cool. However, wasn't it on another early Nintendo platform? GBA, I think?

Splatoon 3. I still don't know what was wrong with Splatoon 2. It's interesting that it's getting this DLC though.

We already had stuff about Super Mario RPG. Why do they need to run it over again? All that was needed to be announced was the launch date.

ANOTHER PEACH GAME? Didn't the last one they tried do mediocre compared to other titles? I don't need a stupid Disney Princess clone. :hateit:

Trombone Champ might be kinda fun... says the guy who invested in rhythm games in times past. 😏

Isn't Luigi's Mansion 2 HD basically a redoing of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon? I still have the 3DS title, and I thought that was a good title. Why not just keep the title? :unsure:

Great, another Nintendo building you'd have to spend thousands of dollars to go and visit. Face it, Nintendo - Kyoto isn't where it's at. Have you considered Redmond? EVER?

I have to say, Nintendo is fearlessly dishing out those amiibos. You gotta admire their determination to keep toys-to-life alive, in some form or other.

WarioWare is hard. And Crude. And Hard. And not my favorite series Nintendo makes - did I mention that it's hard?

Mario Kart 8 Booster pack is just another attempt at making NSO seem cool. Even though it isn't.

Thousand Year Door is something I would actually try and buy, simply because I don't own the original game.

new titles? waaah theyre so bad!
remakes of decent games? waaah just make new games!
additional content? waah they just wanna make NSO cool!/cash grab!

there's simply no way to please y'all and at this point i'm glad Nintendo is taking a piss at you. they could deliver everything you'd want and you would still find a way to moan about how bad the N is :rofl2:

Reactions: ChronosNotashi

Astral_

GBAtemp elder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not really surprising no one remembers Another Code/trace memory but wow thought more people would've talk about being excited for those games by now. I wonder if Nintendo can revive Hotel Dusk too? Maybe they're using A.C to test it out first
With CING being dead since 2010, it's probably not going to happen anytime soon

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

...maybe Nintendo gaming just isn't for you. You might want to consider moving onto a other platform. Just a thought.

hybori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
With CING being dead since 2010, it's probably not going to happen anytime soon
Why not? Another Code is coming to the Switch I don't see why Hotel Dusk won't get the same treatment if Nintendo and someone else is reviving those games

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new titles? waaah theyre so bad!
remakes of decent games? waaah just make new games!
additional content? waah they just wanna make NSO cool!/cash grab!

there's simply no way to please y'all and at this point i'm glad Nintendo is taking a piss at you. they could deliver everything you'd want and you would still find a way to moan about how bad the N is :rofl2:

...maybe Nintendo gaming just isn't for you. You might want to consider moving onto a other platform. Just a thought.
You guys apparently have not seen me do this before. Also, I'll probably end up with some of the games I questioned, anyway (maybe even the Nintendo game that's Disney Princess). So... what's the problem?

Remember, my opinions are always offered free, but that doesn't mean you have to understand them. :rofl2:

Reactions: LightyKD

Deleted member 672055

Trophies
XP
You guys apparently have not seen me do this before. Also, I'll probably end up with some of the games I questioned, anyway (maybe even the Nintendo game that's Disney Princess). So... what's the problem?

Remember, my opinions are always offered free, but that doesn't mean you have to understand them. :rofl2:
the problem is idiots like you who moan about how bad Nintendo is, keep buying their products and moan more about how bad it is. why not just stop? you know, nobody's holding you at gunpoint and if you're this desperate just pirate the game lol
I really wanted Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD
:(
....god
Windwaker was one of my first games ever, but the way y'all overhype it gets tiring. Why do you need a second HD release? Just play the Wii U port at this point.

won't even start on Twilight Princess, that has seen a release on 3 console generations. Learn how to emulate at this point

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Im actually looking forward to Princess Peach Showtime. It feels like the Luigi's Mansion crew was on double duty with this one between this game and the LM2 port.

Reactions: HarveyHouston

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto