Nintendo files trademarks for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

7RZyGwe.jpg

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon could potentially just be the big surprise of Nintendo's upcoming direct, as trademark filings from Europe reveal. Both listings just popped up in the OHIM database today and were filed by Nintendo.
:arrow: Source

Last edited by Chary,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How was it an anti piracy attempt? 3 or 4 it only has 1 exclusive Xenoblade 3D. The rest are just better loading times and added 3D.
It was supposed to block gateway and it didn't. Also, the fact that there's even less than 3 or 4 is proof that Nintendo realized it made no business sense to divide their userbase.

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
True. Well, also, spanish is a latin derived language, so they're not wrong about Luna meaning moon in spanish.

That being said:
"Earth's moon does have a name: In English, it's 'the moon.' The word moon is Proto-Germanic in origin, deriving from a similar-sounding word that came into use a few thousand years ago in Northern Europe...In Latin, our satellite's name is 'Luna.' Because a significant chunk of English comes from Latin, many terms associated with the moon are related to this Latin name — for example, the adjective 'lunar,' and the noun 'lunatic,' an old-fashioned word for a mentally ill person. (Madness was thought to be correlated with the phases of the moon.) In Greek, our moon is named 'Selene,' as is the moon goddess of ancient Greek mythology. The English word 'selenology,' or the study of the moon's geology, derives from it."
-http://www.livescience.com/33373-moon-name.html

I would argue about that "significant chunk" quip, but I won't let it bother me too much.

Back on topic, this should be fun. Pokemon has always been about relationships, so why not the relationship between the earth and the moon. If it comes to fruition that is. Trademarks are just trademarks, and this may just be them trademarking ideas they're still considering. I believe they trademarked other pokemon titles that never came to fruition, though I can't recall any off the top of my head.
I found it astounding that you actually have to explain this to him...

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
Sun and Moon... The region could be based on Australia but also on Persia, since they were linked with astral stuff back in the day, but modern day Iraq/Iran is less of a possibility. Maybe India? Hinduism reflects a lot of sun in its images. Not likely as Nintendo isn't there on India officially I think.

Last edited by MionissNio,

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So today we will find out. Morning time in the UK now.

What if we had to travel to the moon? Or orbit the sun for the legendary Pokemon? :P Like in the delta episode hopping on rayquaza's back and travelling out to space.

Reactions: Queno138

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have alpha sapphire and didn't know this was a thing. I assumed the game's story ended the after e4 like the original version since it lack the battle frontier from emerald.

RubyCarbuncle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have alpha sapphire and didn't know this was a thing. I assumed the game's story ended the after e4 like the original version since it lack the battle frontier from emerald.

There's the entire Delta Episode for you to still play through. It starts up immediately after the credits.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Pokemon Buddhism and Pokemon Taoism
Pokemon Mind and Pokemon Soul
Pokemon Matter and Pokemon Vacuum
Pokemon Protein and Pokemon Carbohydrate