Nintendo Fires Employee for talking about the company in an interview

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's normal. Companies don't want sensitive information out in the wild so whether it's Nintendo, Pretendo or Notendo it'd be the same thing.

Let's say it was a Coca Cola employee with the ingredients to make an authentic Coca Cola, well, not only would he be fired but sued up his ass for giving up what made the company so successful and profitable.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Another reason to hate Nintendo for being assholes :)

But really it does make sense on thier part
It's the price that it costs to work for one.

As much as I hate iTunes for being an overbloated program I'm going to install just to listen to the Part Time Gamer and Trailer Park Boys' podcasts.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the price that it costs to work for one.

As much as I hate iTunes for being an overbloated program I'm going to install just to listen to the Part Time Gamer and Trailer Park Boys' podcasts.
Yeah but in all honesty this makes sense when you don't want classified info going out.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
It's normal. Companies don't want sensitive information out in the wild so whether it's Nintendo, Pretendo or Notendo it'd be the same thing.

Let's say it was a Coca Cola employee with the ingredients to make an authentic Coca Cola, well, not only would he be fired but sued up his ass for giving up what made the company so successful and profitable.
Nah probably it's way simpler than that, Nintendo probably have a large NDA policy and unfortunately the guy broke it because he thought that this podcast would fly under Nintendo's radar.
Nintendo is the kind of company that people can't randomly visit even their deactivated buildings, people can't visit even the common places in it, that you can't get inside stories because even former employees are under NDA.
Yes, they are that secretive and they apply their japanese bussiness quirkness to NoA.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah probably it's way simpler than that, Nintendo probably have a large NDA policy and unfortunately the guy broke it because he thought that this podcast would fly under Nintendo's radar.
Nintendo is the kind of company that people can't randomly visit even their deactivated buildings, people can't visit even the common places in it, that you can't get inside stories because even former employees are under NDA.
Yes, they are that secretive and they apply their japanese bussiness quirkness to NoA.
But at the same time it sort of helps them stay protected from things they as a business do not want. Personally as for this guy im mixed as I feel sorry but I also feel if he would have followed the rules it would have been different.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm listening to the podcast (52mins in) and I'm really liking what he's saying so yeah, it's a damn shame they fired him because he's definitely the type of new blood that Nintendo needs not greasy old men and how Nintendo should be stuck in the 80's or 90's.

Bummer. :(

Hope the best for Chris!

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm listening to the podcast (52mins in) and I'm really liking what he's saying so yeah, it's a damn shame they fired him because he's definitely the type of new blood that Nintendo needs not greasy old men and how Nintendo should be stuck in the 80's or 90's.

Bummer. :(

Hope the best for Chris!
They need a new leader on the higher ups perhaps a guy like Matt bozon or some one who grew up on Nintendo and has great idea. Nintendo makes great games but they need help in marketing and staying relevant as each year they get less creative

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
They need a new leader on the higher ups perhaps a guy like Matt bozon or some one who grew up on Nintendo and has great idea. Nintendo makes great games but they need help in marketing and staying relevant as each year they get less creative
Mario Party 11 could be an iOS Freemium game with IAP. Mario Party 10 wasn't far off.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Party 11 could be an iOS Freemium game with IAP. Mario Party 10 wasn't far off.
Well the majority of thier games are remakes or new games in established series.
Why not bring back some old forgotten games like custom robo ? Or more new ips?
I remember as a GameCube kid seeing all the new and creative ideas they had like wind waker, sunshine, animal crossing, chibi robo, cubivores and more which was amazing but now they don't make new different great games like that but mainly sequels of main series with almost no exception other than xenoblade really

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen alot of people mad at this and quite frankly I don't think that's warranted. He signed a contract, he broke the contract, and he was fired for it. He really should have asked first so this didn't happen. I feel bad for the guy, but it was his fault. This is standard for large companies and he should have known better. I hope he's able to find a new job soon, as he seems like a pretty good guy. Fortunately this gives him some pretty good experience so he probably won't have too much trouble.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen alot of people mad at this and quite frankly I don't think that's warranted. He signed a contract, he broke the contract, and he was fired for it. He really should have asked first so this didn't happen. I feel bad for the guy, but it was his fault. This is standard for large companies and he should have known better. I hope he's able to find a new job soon, as he seems like a pretty good guy. Fortunately this gives him some pretty good experience so he probably won't have too much trouble.
Only question is how well is the rule known to noa employees?

loco365

Trophies
XP
They're called NDAs (Non-disclosure agreements) for a reason. I know that he meant well going into that podcast, but that's the kind of thing you keep behind closed doors, unless you explicitly have permission to say so. Nintendo had every right to fire him for defying the NDA, but I do feel bad for the guy as he probably didn't mean to do such things intentionally.

Edit: So saying that Nintendo is the bad guy here means that you're severely misinformed.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only question is how well is the rule known to noa employees?
Its a rule pretty much every company has, and its in his contract. It isn't like this is a Nintendo policy, its a policy for pretty much every company out there. If he really thought he would be able to do this without there being any consequences he was a fool.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The guy definitely seemed more energetic and smarter than Reggie when it'd come to games and the translation not working for the English audience, although, I have to say I absolutely disagree with him when he said that the Wii U name was not the problem. It freaking is!

If they called it the Wii 2 it would have made it clear to people that it's a new console rather than something else.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy definitely seemed more energetic and smarter than Reggie when it'd come to games and the translation not working for the English audience, although, I have to say I absolutely disagree with him when he said that the Wii U name was not the problem. It freaking is!

If they called it the Wii 2 it would have made it clear to people that it's a new console rather than something else.
The issue is not the name but the product and its specs and what not but to say its soley due to the name is foolish but it is a part of it

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The guy not only over-stepped his bounds, but he did it even after he let the public know that he couldn't discuss such stuff when he first got the job. It's company policy (not just Nintendo's) that you don't divulge such sensitive information. He knew that, he let the public know that and in turn assured Nintendo that he wouldn't go against it. In the end, he did it anyways because he thought he could without requesting permission from Nintendo. He ruined Nintendo's confidence in him, and this isn't something you can be forgiven for like you would with mom and pop if you break the rules. This is business.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
He talked about sensitive data in public. That's not Nintendo's policy, that's regular policy of any company ever.
This.

People just need to get more informed before throwing tomatoes around.

The guy totally fucked up, breaking policies he was under. He admitted himself more than once that it was totally his fault. The problem is, the guy is also a Nintendo Fanboy, and wrote a bunch of sentimental words about Nintendo, due to this situation.

And fanboy tears can be smelled by Kotaku, and other tabloids, from miles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (and the joke here is that i misheard pride month as bread month)