Hacking Nintendo Has Released v7.0.0-200 - PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE!

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
FYI Auto-updates only refer to downloading game updates automatically. The system is designed to download firmware updates automatically but not install them automatically. The only way to block system updates is with a DNS server.
mmmh, if it downloads the update automatically under which circunstance it install the update in the console?

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmh.. so nobody can be sure that'll be released in the next weeks ?

Ok but if it'll released one day or another I can wait while playing my officials bsckyp. Just want to be sure 7.0.0 will have a CFW one day

Probably days to weeks like happened to 6.2.

MentalBlank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, you can receive a game update from a friend though I don't remember if that requires being on the same firmware version or not.

Just a heads up to everyone thinking about it, Dont try to get the new Smash update from another switch thats updated as It will update your Switch to 7.0

Reactions: Disco Inferno

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
I have emunand 6.2, if I update the ofw to 7.0 it will break sleep mode on emunand like it did on 6.2?

It will not work.

For some weird reason, you would need to go back to v6.1 emunand, then it will work, with of course broken sleep mode. (not sure about the sleep mode), but mixture of 7.0 sysnand and 6.1 emunand seems to work, all tho personally I have not tried it, just from what I see here reading other posts!

Last edited by garyopa,
Reactions: RedHunter

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It will not work.

For some weird reason, you would need to go back to v6.1 emunand, then it will work, with of course broken sleep mode. (not sure about the sleep mode), but mixture of 7.0 sysnand and 6.1 emunand seems to work, all tho personally I have not tried it, just from what I see here reading other posts!
It must be because 6.1 didn't made use of TSEC. About the sleep mode, I thought that was fixed with sx os 5.2 beta.

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It will not work.

I hope sxos team releases a fix soon for the 6.2 emunand on 7.0 , any update regarding that?

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I hope sxos team releases a fix soon for the 6.2 emunand on 7.0 , any update regarding that?
That would be a nice solution in the mean time until 7.0.0 gets fully taken care of. I assume they need to emulate the 6.2 TSEC when booting the 6.2 Emunand. How to do it? Now that's the question.

Reactions: Nezztor

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
But whats the point of that when most of pirated switches are banned or always offline?
It doesn't take *many hacked switches to ruin online gaming - which they charge for now. This means they have a higher obligation and incentive to keep it hacker-free.

*a small percentage of 20 million vulnerable switches is always going to be a lot.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really dug through the middle of a thread to respond to a post without reading any of the further posts, ones that may have actually answered my question before yours?

You quote me and I read the quote, anyway keep on fearmongering with bans and sx os, it's pretty cool xD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol