Misc Nintendo ID concern

Dededepool21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a serious question. My Nintendo 3ds was banned a long time ago and I was thinking of getting a New Nintendo 2ds because I wanted the pokéball one. My question is if I use the Nintendo ID of my previously banned 3ds on the new N2ds will the 2ds get banned?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Define "banned", bans from multiplayer are completely unrelated to NNID (which isn't even required - in fact with no more Miiverse there's nothing that requires NNID and doesn't have a superior homebrew alternative)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That all depends on what kind of ban you received. If it was a hyperban (in addition to online play, NNID services were banned), then my understanding is you probably won't be able to link the NNID to the N2DS in the first place. If it wasn't a hyperban, then my understanding is it's unlikely the N2DS will be banned.

What caused the initial ban?

Dededepool21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got banned because I played the leaks of Sun and Moon a long time ago. I don't really know what kind of ban that is.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got banned because I played the leaks of Sun and Moon a long time ago. I don't really know what kind of ban that is.
That was a hyperban. You are unlikely to be able to link the NNID to the N2DS in the first place.

Edit: To be clear, I believe a system transfer won't transfer the banned NNID over, and if you call Nintendo, they will notice it's a banned NNID, and they will refuse to transfer it over.

Edit #2: The banned NNID will work fine on non-3DS devices (i.e. the Wii U).

Last edited by Lacius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0