Nintendo is officially localizing the original Fire Emblem game, only available for a limited time

Fire_Emblem_Shadow_Dragon_Blade_of_Light_4.jpg

The very first Fire Emblem game is getting an official translation after 30 years since its Japanese release. Nintendo is bringing the Famicom game Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light to the west, on the Nintendo Switch. It'll be available on December 4th, and will be priced at $5.99 on the Nintendo eShop, though just like Super Mario 3D All Stars, the game won't be around forever. You'll have until March 31st to purchase Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light, after which it'll be delisted.

Just like other Nintendo Switch Online NES titles, this game will offer the ability to use save states or rewind functions. There will be a limited physical release, which will include a replica NES-style box, with an NES cart inside, though it is only an art piece, and not an actual playable cartridge.

:arrow: Source

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the same game as the first DS game though (Shadow Dragon), so it already has a remake. :P
I am aware since someone pointed it out before my post. Which is why I also said this.
Localize old game instead of just using the most recent update. Make a new game or upgrade the recent one.

Even if it is just a emulated version, least is the more recent one, and it also could make some changes or upgrades to it. Like higher resolution, add multiplayer (Since I think they did for that version) or even mod in some new content or features. Or just reconstruct it to work on switch natively. :blink:

I recently played through trials of mana 2d. i can well imagine playing the 3d variant again later.
Well I would imagine that the Remake would be the better option compared to the original that only got localized with a $40 price tag. (personally the Remake would be my go to since I don't trust the broken glitchy combat where enemies constantly infinite combo you until death with no way to stop it.)

I hope I'm not making the wrong impression here. I'm not against localizing old games just because they are old or bad. This case is nonsensical because a localized remake is already available and I feel that would be the one to grab more attention. A game like Monster world iv on sega mega drive got a english localization in 2012 for digital services like PSN, virtual console and xbox live. (Also on genesis mini) But that's it. No remake exist unlike this situation. If they did remake it and also release the unlocalized one, then I also would be saying the same thing now. :ph34r:

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo eShop page: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/fire-emblem-shadow-dragon-and-the-blade-of-light-switch/

Official trailer:

Notice that the trailer begins with a scripted playthrough of Super Smash Bros. Melee featuring Roy and Marth, on the Temple stage (the former wins, while the latter loses). It's an acknowledgement of the fact that western audiences were introduced to Fire Emblem via Smash Bros in 2001.

Personally, I like that this first game is officially being translated into English, but the limited availability date of until 03/31/2021 could push me away (unless I can obtain an NSP/NSZ version of this game on or after 12/04/2020).

Last edited by Worldblender,

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will also reveal that Marth is my #1 husbando! :D It persists even outside of Smash Bros. Why?
  • His skinny/twink body type that gives off a superficially femboyish appearance make him easier for me to relate to, despite being fictional
  • Being thrown out by his original family, and at first facing considerable struggle, like I often struggle in real life
  • Blue hair as part of being born of nobility and wearing a simple tiara are bonuses for me
  • Luckily for me, being the first and oldest (in terms of game release date, not age (he's 19 years old)) Fire Emblem protagonist; this is another big bonus for me
If this character was real, I would instantly get into a relationship with him.

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"Only for a limited time".

Fuck off with this bullshit Nintendo, there's literally no reason to do this. What kind of fucking company limits the purchase of a digital title??

like 4 swords for ds? yeah, nintendo fan-boys maybe (only original and mi mi mi) but for all the rest, "see you soon ant any torrent site" XD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious