"Double Dragon Collection" coming to Nintendo Switch on November 9th, 2023 for Asian regions only

Arc System Works has unveiled through their YouTube channel the upcoming release of a collection of Double Dragon games coming to the Nintendo Switch later this year. The collection will include titles from the titular franchise ranging from the NES releases, all the way up to the Game Boy Advance release. The package will have following confirmed titles:
  • Double Dragon (NES)
  • Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES)
  • Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones (NES)
  • Double Dragon IV
  • Super Double Dragon (SNES)
  • Double Dragon Advance (GBA)
The collection is scheduled for release on November 9th, 2023 for the Nintendo Switch, although the release will be limited to Asian regions only. It's unknown as to whether or not the collection will be available to other consoles/systems, or if it will come to other regions later on as of the time of its announcement.

The classic belt-scroller action game series "Double Dragon" all in this one whole package!
"Double Dragon Collection", coming out as a physical multi-app package for Nintendo Switch™!

This package features a collection of 6 Double Dragon games, including "Super Double Dragon", the first official port since its initial release 30 years ago, and "Double Dragon Advance", similarly as the first port in over 20 years!Other titles included in the package are "DOUBLE DRAGON", "DOUBLE DRAGON II: The Revenge", "DOUBLE DRAGON III: The Sacred Stones" (*All 3 in English version only), as well as the currently-available "DOUBLE DRAGON IV".

:arrow: Double Dragon Collection Official Website

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
I hope that this game gets an international release! Double Dragon is great and I don't understand why this would be excluisve to their country if it's liked worldwide.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I hope that this game gets an international release! Double Dragon is great and I don't understand why this would be excluisve to their country if it's liked worldwide.
It for sure is such a weird choice. Not only are they limiting the sales to Asian regions only, but they seem to also be limiting the systems in which it will be available as well.
Having it only on the Switch could be good on its own, but not having it on the other main console devices, as well as PC, is such an odd marketing strategy.

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
It for sure is such a weird choice. Not only are they limiting the sales to Asian regions only, but they seem to also be limiting the systems in which it will be available as well.
Having it only on the Switch could be good on its own, but not having it on the other main console devices, as well as PC, is such an odd marketing strategy.
I don't get that either! this game would be perfect on other platforms. We'll just have to see in the future. In the meantime, you could just emulate them, but it'll feel bad for those who don't want to do that.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well, nothing too special
Post automatically merged:

Prolly just some ultra ninche budget low risk publishing deal
Post automatically merged:

Prolly just some ultra ninche budget low risk publishing deal

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No. Double Dragon games have been on the sucky end of the pole since the first.

And them not including Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls is a disgrace. Sure, the game is worthy the price of a brand new game, but they could still add it, and up the price in 10 dollars.

Reactions: DragonMals

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
No. Double Dragon games have been on the sucky end of the pole since the first.

And them not including Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls is a disgrace. Sure, the game is worthy the price of a brand new game, but they could still add it, and up the price in 10 dollars.
Ah. didn't know that. Thanks for the confirmation however. They should've included that one! Made no sense that they included everything else but that one.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thanks. We surely needed another set of nes double dragon games on switch. Because the ones included with the nekketsu kunio collection or the nes switch online wasn't enough copies to go around. Oh and uhh... double dragon 4 :creep:

Any reason why they won't release the arcade versions of these games? (Arcade Archives) Maybe the general consensus is the nes ones are better. But as if my previous comment wasn't already sarcastic enough, it's saturated. The Snes and GBA game are nice additions considering how much more rare and uncommon they are, just not worth paying for a whole collection to have.

It's starting to get to the point of being like Square Einx. $40 for collection of mana, obviously most people wanted it for the "Super Super Rare" (SSR) Super Nintendo Trials Of Mana being officially translated in English after so many years.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
When I first was introduced to the videogame world, it was thanks to Super Mario Bros. 3. It was an incredible experience. After that one, Megaman 2 was the second game I ever played. And one of the other great games that I played just when I was getting into the world of gaming, was Double Dragon. Those three have a special place in my heart. You can't say that Double Dragon games were bad, I mean, c´mon, in 1990, Double Dragon I & II were incredible. If anyone say that they are bad and didn't played in that era, then it's just plain stupid.

Yes, I reckon that some of their games have been let downs, like the Super NES one (it was rushed and so many content was cut, but I still enjoyed it, I played it with my dad!) and the arcade fighting game, I think it was V. THAT really sucked ass. But I & II were two of the most notorious games on the NES.

I still love those said three first epic games in my life, and the characters that presented me to the world of videogames. As a matter of fact, I was waiting, since the release of Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS, some kind of surprise regarding the Dragons or the Battletoads on that extravaganza, even if a cameo or something. Sadly, they never got there in any form.

In my eyes, DD I & II were (and still are) awesome. At the time the graphics were a blast, and the music, man, some tunes are legendary. Sadly, newer games do suck, like the last one they launched. I had hope, but it sink pretty quickly.

All in all, no one can deny the quality of the Lee brothers and their legacy on the videogame industry. They really are up there in the shelves of the immortals.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a better collection than the other one. I will buy this when it comes to ASIA (physical). Seems like it'll only costs at least $30, or maybe $40 physical.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine if it's just because they spelled Billy as Bimmy in the opening credits of DD3 😆

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish they would throw in the Battletoads & Double Dragon games too.. Oh well, this is still a really great collection!
I think that since Rare made those games, they would probably appear on a Battletoads Collection release instead if we ever see one of those.

I know we got Rare Replay with the OG NES Battletoads and the Arcade Battletoads, but there are enough other entries in the series as well as alternate versions of the same games based on the system released on, to merit a separate Battletoads Collection at some point if Rare ever feels so inclined.

KimKong

Game Developer / Graphic Artist / Musician
Trophies
Website
skrap-klan.itch.io
XP
Country
Norway
I think that since Rare made those games, they would probably appear on a Battletoads Collection release instead if we ever see one of those.

I know we got Rare Replay with the OG NES Battletoads and the Arcade Battletoads, but there are enough other entries in the series as well as alternate versions of the same games based on the system released on, to merit a separate Battletoads Collection at some point if Rare ever feels so inclined.
Yupp I get that for sure.. Just wish they would get the rights and put it on for a full collection... Nobody is doing a "FULL" collection - they always leaving stuff out when releasing stuff like this.. Just seems kinda sad!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol