Nintendo NX is a portable console with detachable controllers (Eurogamer)

nintendo-logo-620x349.png

Eurogamer are reporting that Nintendo's upcoming NX will be a portable, handheld console with detachable controllers:

On the move, NX will function as a high-powered handheld console with its own display. So far so normal - but here's the twist: we've heard the screen is bookended by two controller sections on either side, which can be attached or detached as required.
Then, when you get home, the system can connect to your TV for gaming on the big screen.
A base unit, or dock station, is used to connect the brain of the NX - within the controller - to display on your TV.

nx-is-a-portable-console-with-detachable-controllers-146954365832.png

:arrow:Read the full article with a lot more info here: Source

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There we have it folks, a gimmicky controller can get crossed off the list.

Now we just need underpowered specs, a mario kart game, smash bros game, zelda game and one good third-party game and we have ourselves a Nintendo flagship home console!
and shitty online infrastructure with NO 3rd party and we got the wiiu II!

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seriously? It'll be a fine console with good first party games, a good selection of launch title (at least) 3rd party games (lots of devs are preemptively announcing for NX) and, really. if you want to play the newest western RPG or sports game or FPS just like on PS4/XB1/PC, then buy a PS4/XB1/PC instead of complaining that Nintendo doesn't do the same crap as them. It's quite obvious they don't want to and can survive without following the competition.

so just the wiiu all over again? ;P

Reactions: Subtle Demise

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope it is like this, just yesterday I was talking about how I love handhelds with my friend :D
And then there is also the ability to play zelda on a car ride. I would love to have a handheld with the power of a wii U (is what my inner fangirl says) In reality though for nintendo; this absolutely sucks.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'll take it as a grain of salt. I need it badly for my fried egg.

Anyway, won't Nintendo be announcing or revealing it this year. I'm still a big N fan though unless you take away those awesome games. Hahahaha.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why Nintendo needs to make stupid ass gimmicks all the time. Why can't they just make a normal console? Just you get the console, you plug in it, you put the game in, and it loads, you play it. Why all the extra bullshit. IT'S ANNOYING THE FUCK OUT OF ME, WHY DOES NINTENDO KEEP FUCKING UP?

Reactions: HaloEffect17

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why Nintendo needs to make stupid ass gimmicks all the time. Why can't they just make a normal console? Just you get the console, you plug in it, you put the game in, and it loads, you play it. Why all the extra bullshit. IT'S ANNOYING THE FUCK OUT OF ME, WHY DOES NINTENDO KEEP FUCKING UP?
they don't like doing the same shit the others do, they release the same stuff with repetitive fps and sport games I mean I like that Nintendo is trying to be different but they are taking it to the limit now

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they don't like doing the same shit the others do, they release the same stuff with repetitive fps and sport games I mean I like that Nintendo is trying to be different but they are taking it to the limit now

I know. But, Nintendo has all of these IP's, Metroid, Mario, blah blah. If you just do what people want, and make games..like..maybe..Metroid Fusion HD, you'd make millions of dollars. By pretty much making nothing. They're idiots for not going the easy route. They just keep shooting themselves in the foot over and over again. It's horrible.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. But, Nintendo has all of these IP's, Metroid, Mario, blah blah. If you just do what people want, and make games..like..maybe..Metroid Fusion HD, you'd make millions of dollars. By pretty much making nothing. They're idiots for not going the easy route. They just keep shooting themselves in the foot over and over again. It's horrible.
I know but this is not even officially confirmed I still trust them remember the wii,3ds,snes,nes this guys have more experience that anybody in the game industry we should wait to see what they announce instead of this dumb rumors

Reactions: DKB

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I was hoping for a something along the lines of a GameCube, Nintendo... :glare:
Same here. Something that could actually compete with Sony and Microsoft :(

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know but this is not even officially confirmed I still trust them remember the wii,3ds,snes,nes this guys have more experience that anybody in the game industry we should wait to see what they announce instead of this dumb rumors

That's true. But, they are still fucking up. Like, look at the new metroid game, seriously, like did ANYONE want that. Everyone would have been hype as hell with a new metroid game on the Wii U game. But, no. They have to make a new """"""""""""""metroid""""""""""""" game that has nothing to do with the Samus Aran.

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's true. But, they are still fucking up. Like, look at the new metroid game, seriously, like did ANYONE want that. Everyone would have been hype as hell with a new metroid game on the Wii U game. But, no. They have to make a new """"""""""""""metroid""""""""""""" game that has nothing to do with the Samus Aran.
I know bro federation shit is just a spinoff well get a new Metroid game for the new console. there's no point to make it for the wii u

Trophies
XP
Country
This is what I've always wanted, the wiiU gamepad but with portability/handheld standalone functionality. This looks fucking dope, an all-in-1 is my dream console.

Now for it to be able to play gamecube and wii games on the go and I'm sold.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious