Nintendo NX will launch March 2017

nx.jpg
Today via their latest finacial report, Nintendo announced that their new upcoming gaming system, codenamed the Nintendo NX, will be released worldwide in March 2017.

“For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed ‘NX’ with a brand-new concept. NX will be launched in March 2017 globally.”

The Nintendo NX will not show at this year's E3, instead the company will focus on the latest Zelda title at the upcoming conference, which will now be a dual release for both WiiU and the NX.

:arrow: Latest Nintendo Financial Report

Update. The new open world Zelda is also set to appear on the NX and Wii U at the same time.
Source thanks to DarkenedMatter

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it still worth buying a Wii U pack premium Xenoblade X ?
I can have one brand new for 200$.
Thanks.
I'd said so. It isn't known if the NX will be backwards compatible or if Xenoblade is one of the rumored 4 games to be ported over. We can most likely count on:

Super Smash bros Champion edition
Splatoon NX
Mario Maker NX
Actually now that I think about it Xenoblade NX is like the only other candidate lol.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd said so. It isn't known if the NX will be backwards compatible or if Xenoblade is one of the rumored 4 games to be ported over. We can most likely count on:

Super Smash bros Champion edition
Splatoon NX
Mario Maker NX
Actually now that I think about it Xenoblade NX is like the only other candidate lol.

I Think MK8 Definitive EDITION is another option...

Reactions: BurningDesire

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do that when Mario Kart 9 is likely to happen?

Because Nintendo NX is just a Wii U 1.5, it's the PS4.5 and XB1.5 from Nintendo, they said it's not a replacement... so it's pretty much just a small upgrade before the next gen (I want to believe that xD) because if it's not.. then we are screwed... Nintendo can't make the same mistake again.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Nintendo NX is just a Wii U 1.5, it's the PS4.5 and XB1.5 from Nintendo, they said it's not a replacement... so it's pretty much just a small upgrade before the next gen (I want to believe that xD) because if it's not.. then we are screwed... Nintendo can't make the same mistake again.
Oh, the NX is Wii U 1.5? You must have a source for this. Please, do share with the rest of us.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only that we all knew, and mid gen consoles weren't a thing... (except for Dreamcast)
The Dreamcast is no more a mid-generation console than the Xbox 360 was for coming out a year and a half ahead of the Wii and PS3.

There's already enough evidence to suggest the NX != WiiU 1.5, and the change in storage medium for games is the most obvious tell. It was that news above all else that told me that I should make a point to hurry up and nab a WiiU if I haven't by the launch date of the NX, because the console makers have a habit of purging stock as soon as their next model arrives.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Dreamcast is no more a mid-generation console than the Xbox 360 was for coming out a year and a half ahead of the Wii and PS3.

There's already enough evidence to suggest the NX != WiiU 1.5, and the change in storage medium for games is the most obvious tell. It was that news above all else that told me that I should make a point to hurry up and nab a WiiU if I haven't by the launch date of the NX, because the console makers have a habit of purging stock as soon as their next model arrives.

Makes sense, let's wait and see :D

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I have heard a rumor about the NX its supposed to be solid & true information! They are putting 2x1080GTX in SLI mode (smaller more compact versions that have been specially made for Nintendo NX systems), 3x10 core Processors & 64GB of Ram in there NX, WTF!!!

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: CaptainHIT

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard a rumor about the NX its supposed to be solid & true information! They are putting 2x1080GTX in SLI mode (smaller more compact versions that have been specially made for Nintendo NX systems), 3x10 core Processors & 64GB of Ram in there NX, WTF!!!
Man, that thing will cost a fortune. It'll be at least... $350!

DiglidiDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no idea how you've been here for 6 years and have 3k messages and you're enough of an idiot to believe such a ridiculous thing.
Think before you post. Please.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One other thing I do know, and hope will soon change, is that the console bundle prices for the existing generation needs to change, and now. At least on Gamestop.

At present, Gamestop has a three-console bundle of a Wii, a (phat) 360, and a slim PS3 for $150 USD online. However, their bundle for a WiiU, Xbox One, and PS4, is at $750 USD. That kind of mark-up is ridiculous, especially in the face of confirmation of new models from Sony and Microsoft, and reduced MSRP for a new system price (at least from Microsoft). The Holiday sale price at $560 is far more agreeable, especially considering that:
  • They're the base models of each system
  • They're used, and Gamestop's reputation for QA is all over the place
  • With the PS4K & Xbox One S both hitting with upgraded hardware and at the existing MSRP (if not lower), it should be forcing the price of this down
Even though I don't trust a used system from Gamestop because of past bad experiences, that is a hard bargain to ignore.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea how you've been here for 6 years and have 3k messages and you're enough of an idiot to believe such a ridiculous thing.
I was having a bit of a laugh, mister serious, chill calm yourself!. Obviously it was not true, I was just hyping the thread a bit, no need for the idiot bit as well, even @grossaffe realized that bit, he went along with the fun with me and hes been here since 2013!. Are we not aloud to have a bit of fun nowadays?

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Maximilious

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nintendo has confirmed that the NX is being made with hardware better than their current gen competitors (not including PS4.5 or XBO-S), so it likely will be a replacement console. As for backwards compatibility? We will need to wait and see. I imagine we will start to hear about it around Q4 of this year.

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lol, seems you are the one who believes everything and posting before thinking. Didn't you see this was a joke?

HTC One cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Reactions: Reecey

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I think NX home console will ship with an ARM processor. If I have to bet, someone along the lines of the new Cortex A7X or Cortex A5X families, which are able to run 64 bit ARM code and 32 bit legacy ARM code seamlessly. This means quad core at about twice the processing power of a Wii U in about 28nm, depending on the soc manufacturer. This lays an agreement between the possible new handheld which could carry a smaller, 32 bit quad core ARM Cortex A5 or an ARM Cortex A17 at 1 or 1.5 Ghz respectively. This could means a handheld having simmilar or more raw processing power than a wii u. The key on the handheld will be obviously if nintendo will go stereoscopic again or prefer a stronger, non-stereoscopic gpu.

This layout has great significance to developers because introduces the concept of "Compile once". Since the big ARM processors can switch seamlessly between 32 and 64 bit instruction sets we could see titles used in the handheld and the home console with the same code being executed correctly (having the handheld lower resolution textures and smaller models). Developers could just stick to 32 bit code and develop once, deploy twice. With a good support, some developers might get around 1.5x the profit from a single implementation. But this is not just it. If it's carefully designed enough, you could fit 32 and 64 bit code in the same title and you could get the full performance on the home console, while executing 32 bit only instructions on the handheld.

This just feels right with the latest changes ninty has done to the 3ds (the new 3ds) and fulfills pretty much any confirmed information we've got so far. I am not sure about any possible gpu specs though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...