Country
United States

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was already discussed in the NX speculation thread, and I'll say the same thing here that I said there; it looks promising, but unless it can be produced in a form factor that isn't a cylinder, it's not going to be something that will be packaged with the console. It may be an addon to give added functionality to games (and may even be required for some), but it will not be a default controller.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If the patent either seems stupid or very broad, chances are that it's considered an "interesting idea" that the company isn't investigating it, but doesn't want the competition to develop it. Companies have been doing this for years, especially when they have no means or no idea how to approach something.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the patent either seems stupid or very broad, chances are that it's considered an "interesting idea" that the company isn't investigating it, but doesn't want the competition to develop it. Companies have been doing this for years, especially when they have no means or no idea how to approach something.
It's actually quite specific, but just doesn't seem like it's in a sellable format in its current state (yes, I know that's how patents work, but this one seems especially "out there")

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I only have the machine translation available to me so I will skip patent dissing today (not to mention I am not sure specifically how I am supposed to diss Japanese patents). It sounds like a tarted up barcode scanner of the expensive persuasion

That and a reverse take on the classic dambusters scene

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't they have something like this at a show long time ago projecting a Fox Mcloud? About Gamecube timeframe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I mean if the study was paying me enough