Nintendo Planning Larger 3DS, Wii U Price Expected at 30,000 Yen -- Ni

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's not five hundred and ninety nine US dollars bad but it's still like (rounding the price to $350) $100 more than a PS3 and $150 more than a Xbox 360.

If it was within $50 of them then I'd consider but if this is true then I really won't bother with the system at all. Well I wasn't planning to anyway but my opinion is solidified (if it's true).
Rememeber that Japanese launch prices are always higher.

Like the 3DS for example, ¥25,000 at launch in Japan but $250 in the states. If the Wii U is going to be ¥30,000, it's likely $300 in the US.

$300 is really what I expected for the Wii U from a long time ago, and it's rather affordable.

EDIT: if there were a 3DS XL, I'll trade in my US one for it immediately. I love a bigger screen, but I hope that they keep BC. Still it's a rumor, and it will (very likely) not be announced this year anyway.

Yeah I am expecting the Wii-U to launch at 299.99 in the states. Any higher and people just wont buy it, I also expect a price drop after 1 year maybe less depending on sales.

Will be an interesting year for Nintendo, since they will have a 1 year head start on the competition if the rumors about Sony and Microsoft are to be believed.

D

Deleted User

It's not five hundred and ninety nine US dollars bad but it's still like (rounding the price to $350) $100 more than a PS3 and $150 more than a Xbox 360.

If it was within $50 of them then I'd consider but if this is true then I really won't bother with the system at all. Well I wasn't planning to anyway but my opinion is solidified (if it's true).
Japanese prices tend to be, much, much higher, I bet on 325.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.ign.com/a...duce-larger-3ds

Nintendo has issued a statement, as translated by Andriasang, denying Nikkei's report, claiming the story is "full of mistakes" and is "nothing more than conjecture."

NOPE CHUCK TESTA
Nope_its_just_chuck_testa_66682.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wouldn't mind so long as they tweak a few things eg battery life, 2nd CP etc like what some ppl have already mentioned. But then there's pixelation of graphics :|

Btw from the little I've read regarding the 3DSXL is that Ninty never actually denied it outright per se, but rather pointed out that it was not very accurate..... so yea

*initiate overeager hyped-up mode*

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We already knew that Nikkei's "report" was purely the work of some reporter's imagination the moment it was released - Nintendo previously denied any allegations that they are working on a revision and as far as I know, 3D screens of larger sizes are not exactly produced en-masse just yet.

D

Deleted_171835

We already knew that Nikkei's "report" was purely the work of some reporter's imagination - Nintendo previously denied any allegations that they are working on a revision and as far as I know, 3D screens of larger sizes are not exactly produced en-masse just yet.
Nikkei is pretty much always correct so I highly doubt it was "speculation". A 4.3" 3D screen isn't exactly ground-breaking. But we'll see in the conference soon.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We already knew that Nikkei's "report" was purely the work of some reporter's imagination - Nintendo previously denied any allegations that they are working on a revision and as far as I know, 3D screens of larger sizes are not exactly produced en-masse just yet.
Nikkei is pretty much always correct so I highly doubt it was "speculation". A 4.3" 3D screen isn't exactly ground-breaking. But we'll see in the conference soon.
To my knowledge, Sharp produces two sizes of their 3D screen at the moment - 3.4 inch used in the 3DS and a 10.1 inch for nextgen netbooks. 4.3 doesn't seem to be available, but I may be wrong, didn't do a lot of research as I'm waiting for the conference as well rather than wasting time checking rumours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3